Just watched this. Should I watch the sequels or are they shit?

Just watched this. Should I watch the sequels or are they shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iET9_cM7agI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>2016
>'just watched alien'

Aliens is a great action film.
I quite enjoyed the Assembly Cut of Alien 3.
A:R is meh.

Aliens is great although it isn't as great as Alien. The assembly cut of Alien 3 is worth a watch. Don't bother watching Alien: Resurrection or the theatrical cut of Alien 3. The Alien vs. Predator films are absolutely awful, avoid them like the plague.

Aliens is a must
Alien 3 isnt bad; as a fan of the series I have watched it at least 20 times I love it. most hated it tho
Alien: R is worth a watch

I know I'm slow, but my mother wouldn't allow me to watch it while I was a kid and they kept showing it on TV. Also I'm not that Sup Forums 2bh, I just watch GoT at the moment.

recently bought the Alien: Isolation game and wanna know about the whole thing before I start playing

I liked the frist AvP 2bh

Alright thanks bro

To you :P

Aliens is one of the best 80's action movies
I liked 3 but a lot of people don't
Ressurection is bad but not unwatchable

Alien isolation ignores the other movies so you're safe.

So uh

6 = exceptionally incredible
5 = amazing / superb
4 = great
3 = good
2 = ok / meh
1 = bad
0 = horrible

Alien = 5
Aliens = 4
Alien 3 = 3
Alien Resurrection = 2
Prometheus = low 4
Predator = 4
Predator 2 = 4
Predators = 4
AVP = 2
AVPR = 2

Why even have 0 and 6? You don't use them, and they basically mean the same shit as 1 and 5

Anyone check out the leaked photos from the set of Alien: Covenant: The Return of the Bonus Situation?

I liked this guy. Brett too

I would say the other three are shit. Watch them on a lazy Sunday

Before we dock....

I think we oughtta discuss the bonus situation

Do they finally get around to discussing the bonus situation? We've waited long enough.

2 words nbc:
BONUS SITUATION

>0-6 rating scale
Just use 1-5 or 1-10, you freak.

This meme is so stupid and forced, but it still makes me smile.

You know what, I don't want this bonus situation anymore, I just wanna freeze him

They're all worth a watch if you like the Alien universe. The whole quadrilogy is interesting because it's four different takes on it by four talented directors.

Why didn't they freeze him anyway?

You're in a right to work sector of the galaxy buddy. We'll jettison you out the airlock before we adjust bonuses. Now get back to work.

Why don't you take a seat right over there, you are refusing to freeze that underage girl aren't you?

Aliens was a subpar action film even at the time. It's cheaply produced, visually dull, insipidly written, and soulless.

It also ruined the Alien as a monster by turning a lone wolf self-replicating predator into retarded ant-like cannon fodder.

Predator did the same concept literally ten times better.

No, 1 is just general bad, 0 is something horrible beyond normal measure like Batman & Robin.
And 6 is like Godfather level stuff.

>Alien 3 = 3
>Prometheus = low 4

Alien / Aliens are pure Kino

Everything else is Transformers grade trash, only Prometheus is worth a watch, if you must.

I really liked the "lone wolf" aspect more in the first movie. The second movie felt predictable but i did like the ending. There is going to be a fifth movie so i'm somewhat excited.

>Alien 3 is not worth watching but Prom is

wew lad

If you REALLY liked Alien and appreciate the whole concept, and originality... don't bother watching the sequels.

Change Prometheus to 2, Predators to 2 as well and I'll buy it.

Watch 2 and 3...

maybe 4 (i enjoyed 4 as a child)

Ignore prometheous, its not canon, and makes the alien into a joke.

Scully

Prometheus wins by good visuals, plus the story will be relevant for future films.

Alien 3 is all shot on one shitty prison set, story is garbage and not important.

Am I weird? I like every Alien movie but I can't stand Aliens. I just think it's so boring and predictable.

Only thing wrong with Prometheus is them talking their helmets off and the map makers getting lost, everything else was fucking great.

>Ignore prometheous, its not canon, and makes the alien into a joke.
AVP

>not finding hundreds of aliens behaving with a hive mind mentality absolutely terrifying

spotted the reddit

Also the characters are bad designed.

>aliens
>sub-par

Fassbender playing an android is mildly amusing

Alien
Aliens
Prometheus

>6 = exceptionally incredible
>5 = amazing / superb
>4 = great
>3 = good
>2 = ok / meh
>1 = bad
>0 = horrible

>Alien = 5
>Aliens = 6
>Alien 3 = 3
>Alien Resurrection = 2
>Prometheus = 1
>Predator = 6
>Predator 2 = 2
>Predators = 1
>AVP = 1
>AVPR = 1

>good visuals make it worth watching
>its gonna get a sequel so it must be good
>that generalization

yea Alien must have sucked too, it all took place on one ship.

Do you even think about what youre saying? Literally the stupidest post ive seen in weeks.

Not a fucking thing wrong with Predators.

>>Predator 2 = 2
>>Predators = 1
Fuck You!

who /daringsynthesis/ here?

oh and Theron that can only run in a straight line
and fake old man make-up
and a dumb crew
and dumb scientists

>interpreting my post retardedly

Alien had a great set, story and suspense. There was a 20+ minute scene on the planet as well.

Alien 3 didn't have any of that.

>Theron that can only run in a straight line
>and a dumb crew
>and dumb scientists
Well, basically badly designed characters.

hello lads, me again. Can someone explain why Ripley's nose bled before she fought with the android? She was weak af too

okay..okay..

Predators = 0

exactly, fake old man make-up.
Here's an idea. If you want an old man character, why not just hire one for the role?
Its much cheaper because they're usually hard up for work and lonely. That even includes the increase to the budget to cover the extra diaper expense. #geriatricshaming

There are multiple Predators, who ironically are more though than normal Preds, that can't take a group of unorganized (they don't even know each other) and afraid of tiny humans.
I can go on, but I'm fucking tired, I can say that basically every character, including Predators, was retarded af.

Deleted scene where she almost gets sucked out of an airlock, it's in the novelization tho
youtube.com/watch?v=iET9_cM7agI
the guy who uploaded it named it wrong

Aliens is a quality film, but entirely different in tone from the original.

Yeah, but the characters were a bigger problem.
I don't know how they fucked it so bad, given that they had the story already (the story was originally for Alien).

You know Ridley Scott is an awesome director, except when he's not. Sometimes he goes awry in a very bad way. Seems he suffers from Ausie sunstroke from time to time.

Yeah, you right.
I can't understand how the same director of Prometheus also directed motherfucking Blade Runner.

Mulder