Please help me

Hello. I know nothing about music but I really want to start producing lofi type beats. Does anyone here produce lofi stuff and if so... could you please give me some tips or take me under your wing...

I love music but I just don't know where to begin making it. Please.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Klnghn0yGkQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Get a DAW, Logic or Ableton or FL Studio or something like that. Play around for a bit until you figure out what you want to do. Watch Youtube tutorials.

I have FL Studio and I have dabbled. I understand how most things work just the act of getting a sample and knowing what works and what doesn't is what's getting me stuck.

Save up monies. Buy an AKAI MPC Sampler -- Maybe an MPC 2000XL. Go to mpc-tutor.com. Become a sponge of KNAWLEDGE. Or just learn to use Ableton with any of the million video tutorials on youtube or coursera.

find your bpm, find a sample that loops, then time stretch it to a bar or two bars or whatever, put in some drums and there u go

mpcs are very nice, sp404s are a bit cheaper

>FL Studio
Get Ableton.

youtube.com/watch?v=Klnghn0yGkQ
/thread

Train your ear

Lmfao I just watched that... I don't know I just can't find something that works like... I threw a sample into FL, messed with it, threw drums on, but it just didn't sound right or good AT all.

Well no shit it's not gunna sound right, you're just starting. Everything you do right now is gunna sound like shit but that's okay.

Yea I know you're right... so the best course of action is just messing around in FL for hours on end, messing with sounds and samples until I get a grasp on things?

I think I knew this but I just wanted to see if there was anything else I could do.

That's went being creative/studying comes handy OP.

>I know nothing about music
Maybe you should learn a little first

Not OP but how essential is a MIDI controller? Can I get by without or should I cop one before I start trying to learn?

Technically you don't need one but you're gunna be doing a shitload of mouse clicking. If you have $100 you can get a decent MIDI controller.

dont have one, would be a lot easier if i did. might get a cheap akai pad controller

pick up guitar and/or piano lessons. watch tutorials on whatever DAW you like the most and experiment with everything you learn. find the fun, especially the fun in making shitty tracks because you're going to be doing that forever.

you can get by, but its easier to write music if you can freely experiment outside of a piano roll

Sauce on image

Just reverse image search

I did and got >80s anime gif

op just start. doesn't matter. the drive in you that wants to be good will drive you until you are and to further places you couldn't even imagine. trust me. if you truly feel it in you to create, that's what the universe has in store for you.