Just found this guy on my hard drive

Just found this guy on my hard drive.

What's his name again, Sup Forums?

John 'child murderer' Landis.

John Landis Helicopter on Vic Morrow

John "How do I" Landis.

RLM does a Twilight Zone watch party video with John and Max Landis when

John the Blade Landis

John Landis is a horrible human being but he made some great films in the 70s and 80s. It's funny how Max looks and acts exactly like John but has none of the talent. John was about 20 years old when he wrote An American Werewolf In London, Max is 30 and has never written a good film.

Do you think John watches Max's films?
Do you think he tells him his honest opinion on them?

>Do you think John watches Max's films?
I'm sure he does.
>Do you think he tells him his honest opinion on them?
This I'm not too sure about. It's fun imagining him say "wow son, that was shit!" but the reality is probably "umm, that was good..."

Fathers always feel they can criticize their son's. And son's don't pull punches either.
So the Landis family gatherings end in recriminations like everybody else's.

>tfw no one will ever record one of these gatherings and upload it to YouTube
>tfw you'll never see Max cry while John rips him apart

>you'll never see Max cry while John rips him apart
It'll all tumble out in one of his scripts.
Catharsis is unavoidable.

Is An American Werewolf in London any good?

It's a horror comedy masterpiece. The best werewolf movie ever made.

Hi, Max.

Second!

It's a horror comedy that is actually scary and funny. I've seen it dozens of times and it holds the fuck up. Plus, nurse Alex Price.

I have mixed feelings because I know Landis to be directly responsible for the death of two? people, but I love several of his films.

He's a hell of a director; Blues Brothers is the only musical that I genuinely like.
The helicopter crash was an accident from what I know. Any evidence backing up that he was responsible or that he could've prevented it?

I think I've seen Blues Bros more times than any other film.

Google it. IIRC, after being told the helicopter could only fly so low, and the explosions could only be so big for safety reasons, he told the pilot to fly lower and the pyro to make the explosions bigger and didn't tell either what the other was doing. The explosions caused the helo to crash with actors directly underneath it.

John "no tomorrow for Vic Morrow" Landis

What a dumbshit. Still a great director though. Some shots in Blues Brothers alone were pure kino, and I'm not speaking ironically.

I like this one.

i can't even believe it took this long