I hate his laugh

I like his upbeat attitude despite hardships in life

dubs and this old dog kicks the bucket

that was rude
now say you're sorry

dubs and he and kick the bucket

:^(

:^(

his music was cool for like 1 album. it's so played out now and his fanbase is annoying as fuck.

i like his character tho

it's ok user, I didn't mean it. You're probably a real cool dude, I was just keeping up my bad dude Sup Forums persona

the final goof

I love this image so much

unchillians go home

He's a pretty good songwriter. 2 is an 8/10 album

Mac suffers from the classic case of cult of personality, don't let it distract you from the music OP. Check out his very first album if you don't like his yacht rock stuff, its the only music of his I listen to that I've enjoyed.

is he supposed to appeal to millenials? i'm 16 and think it's not good.

I pretty well like his music, this old dog aside. I'm on the fence about that album, but I like the fact that he tries new concepts in every album while still maintaining a core identifiable brand to his music.

Dubs and he dies of cancer today

MODS

Trips and he dies of cancer today

youtube.com/watch?v=ULdfI3tvG7c

>16

First two albums were alrite then it's just same shit over and over

his music's going to shit cause of his heroin addiction

Imagine having such a shitty life where one would waste their time making such insubstantial hate threads. At least discuss with some substance, but I guess that level of communication isn't possible for autistic people.

On topic, I find his aesthetic to not be all that interesting. Beyond that, his compositions are very straightforward which aren't made up for by his vocal ability which is not as versatile in delivering a variety of emotions as other great folk style musicians.

Trips and Kiki murders mac

Dubs and Zachary cole smith gives Mac the heroin that he overdoses on

>his compositions are very straightforward
In what sense?

>Mac DeMarco
>folk
Kek what

kek factory

yeah only moonlight on the river and sister stood out to me on this old dog

i'll still listen to him and i like his personality but the goddamn zealot 15 year old hipsters who's mum's buy them overalls and think he's the best musician around have ruined him

>In what sense?
Very repetitive with nothing to really make up for it. Samey chords, structure, and dynamics.

>Kek what
I was giving an example of a genre that also tends to very simple and straightforward in its arrangements that also brings out the depth in some way (in the case of folk inspired music it's usually in vocal delivery). Point being that Mac's music isn't really all that good or interesting in any aspect at all.

Does music sound better to you when you have a positive opinion of the fanbase?

>Samey chords, structure, and dynamics
Not sure what you mean by this. The same as what?

youtu.be/93HC4kv2JzU
youtu.be/TigJYxitYLg
How is this not great songwriting?

The first track goes back and forth between two different sections with no real variation or anything. Vocals are samey as well. At least the track's short to alleviate that to some extent I guess.

The second track's a bit better having both an intro bit (not a big fan of the country ass sounding solo but I can appreciate it being there) and a cool post-chorus part that also ends the track, but the structure is too repetitive again with little variation when the whole verse, chorus, post-chorus bits get repeated the second time.

They're pretty standard pop song structures. Sounds like you just don't like pop music.

I hope he offs himself like everyones been worried about, but theres literally no reason to.

maybe he'll fake it

Probably. Though I don't mind like say...Beach Boys who would often use vocal harmonies, or Justin Timberlake's 20/20 experience where song structures would change a lot. Or for music I guess in a way similar to Mac's (lazy, dreamy), Codeine is a group I like. But look at a track like D from Codeine where on its last repetition through the "chorus" bit the riff has a variation to it and the vocals are singing a different melody all together, or how the verse has notes/chords that are a bit hesitantly hit to further go along with the atmosphere while also creating a slightly more syncopated and rhythmically interesting track.

this guy was cool a few years ago

I don't think his songs are long enough that it really matters, both of them only repeat twice, plus there are obviously differences in the lyrics and phrasing of the vocals in both songs. Annie is also played pretty loosely so there are subtle differences in the guitar lines, and the sliding feedbacky background noise in the post-chorus is slightly different too.

I think his melodies and harmonic progressions make up for the relative structural simplicity of his music. Dreamin' for example has some great dual guitar counterpoint and very lush and expressive harmonies.

>hardships
being a rich millennial in the american suburbs is considered a hardship now?

If Mac wanted to he could get into politics and be the next hitler. He's that charismatic and talented. Artist of our generation

wtf do you want from mac for fucks sake?

what do you feel like your missing from his new releases?

it didn't tickle your balls like listening to viceroy for the first time?

I just wish he had more that he did with the limited palette he works with. In each track it just feels like he's got a thing down that he feels too afraid to veer off from. The counterpoint bit being a good example because the timing of the guitar bits and its progression prevent it from being full on next level counterpoint.

>I think his melodies and harmonic progressions make up for the relative structural simplicity of his music.
That's cool, nobody's gonna take that from you.

It's a thread talking about how Mac's...lacking. Not sure what you expected in a thread like this.

naw. i said his musics played out. its a hate thread i'm not gonna avoid mentioning that his fanbase is annoying

bait me harder daddy!

Whats his sense of humor like?

I'm sorry for not having your opinion

so close user-chan

Whimsical and charismatic, the opposite of Sup Forums

Unchillians please stop posting