Tell me Sup Forums why haven't you signed up to be a organ donor when you pass?

Tell me Sup Forums why haven't you signed up to be a organ donor when you pass?

Other urls found in this thread:

hangthebankers.com/why-you-should-not-become-an-organ-donor/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because a.) my organs are shit as it is. and b.) it's not my fault so many people were born with shitty organs. They can't have mine tho.

What will you be using them for? 1 body can save 8 people

I don't trust medical practitioners to wait until I am properly brain-dead before harvesting my sweet, sweet organs. I have heard/read too many tales of over zealous emergency staff and people waking up screaming or showing signs of absolute horror in their last moments. When it comes to donor organs, time it of the essence, I just don't want anyone to get greedy before I'm done with my bits. Science can have my body though...

but people suck

did you never watch Sliders?
I don't want to be snatched off the streets because some rich guy need a new liver.

I have. But only for other members of the Church of the Subgenius. If one of them heathens wants my guts, they'll have to pay.

Because I'm currently using them.

So you're saying if a 34 year old black guy got shot in the lung and needed a new one you wouldn't want him to live?

But if you're already dead what will you be using them for? Filler?

But if a 9 year old girl needed a new heart to help her live so she can live on to become a cancer researcher you wouldn't sign up?

I'm leaving my body to science. I would much rather have my corpse used to advance the training and research of future medical students than be divvied up to the highest bidder.
If you're on the transplant list, nature has already failed you and decided you should be dead and there are too many humans on this planet right now anyway. My body will get far more use being thrown around by med students than stuck in the decaying shells of others.

What if one of those decaying shells finds out the key to immortality or the way to colonize another planet?

i dunno, im not sure if they always do an autopsy on people when they die, but the idea of being cut open and gutted, even when im dead and dont need it, seems weird to me

I don't trust the gov't nor medical community to not kill me in order to give it to someone they deem more worthy of my organs than myself.
why register and make it easy for them.

this isn't 1930's Germany yet.

No, I wouldn't. She wasn't strong enough to survive on her own and obviously normal medical intervention hasn't worked. Why would I want her to pass on her weak genetics? If her organs are failing there is something else wrong with her and we can either work on a diagnosis and cure, or try to make sure her throwback is not passed on.

I donated my organ to you mother last night. shit was so cashhh

>Die
>Come back to life on the operating table as they're about to cut out your organs
>You try to get up but they hold you down and kill you then take your organs

You're barking up the wrong tree here. I don't want humanity to spread. Everybody deserves to have a rewarding life, but failing that, they should be permitted a swift and painless death instead. The longer-lived and more densely populated we are, the more we showcase the worst of humanity. Try world peace instead, might make a more compelling argument.

Because I'm neglecting the fuck out of my body. No body should want this shit.

waiting on a heart but im still an organ donor

They won't wait. I changed my view on donating organs after I saw what they did to my dying grandmother.

because when i die i want to be eaten by crows not used by some faggot who drank too much and broke his liver

It's shit luck but everybody has to go sometime. Race doesn't matter to me, nor does gender or age. His time has come.

Wat they do?

Why do you need a new heart?

What if one of those people is like Hitler 2.0?

Because the current one has a problem with it, dumbass. How oblivious can you be?

Being this paranoid

Do tell, user. Every first-hand tale makes a difference. I'm sorry for your loss.

Because hospitals would rather harvest your organs than save you if you had a 50% chance to live.
Because I'd rather have my organs sold to the black market and give the money to my family than to give it to someone I don't care for

Because china has plenty of cheep organs to go around.

>I have heard/read too many tales of...
no you haven't

Why does it have a problem? Is it genetic? Did you drink too much? Eat too much?

are you dumb? "his time" according to who? You?

Yeah OK so what mechanism have you got in place for this black market sale?

So it's not the tech doesn't exist or work, it's that you don't think she "deserves" life. Who the fuck are you to judge life like that?

I have. except my eyes. that shit's too personal imo

I have.

I have. The only question is why you're fighting so hard to get more donors.
Are you on the list yourself and getting desperate, or Tiny Tim's favourite uncle? Maybe campaigning for other people to donate just makes you feel like a great humanitarian and somehow worthwhile. Get a medical degree and make a physical difference instead of relying on others to make your cause worthwhile. You seem to think everyone who isn't a donor is being selfish, but are your own reasons really so pure?

Because mine are all fucked up

Cardio Myopathy. A virus attacked my heart around 4 years ago..only 24 now :P

Because I've got cirrhosis, I've had a partial pneumothorax, and I've only got one kidney.
and the worst part is I'm 24.

Who the fuck are you to judge if someone should give up their organs?
Neck yourself you worthless fucking faggot. I hope you die in a car crash then cone back to life while your lungs are being removed, you faggot.

Shit, I'd lend you mine. I'm just kinda spending time not dying. Not really using it or taking good care of it.
Good luck with getting a donor, user. You probably deserve a heart more than I do.

Nature, timing, luck, whatever deity rubs you the right way. I don't care- it happened and he cannot survive. Every death is horribly tragic and completely unexpected. People will cry and families will mourn but still, EVERYBODY DIES. Sorry you had to hear it this way. If you cry for every loss in the world you won't have time to live your own life. Grow up and learn to cope.

Chix not impressed by my organ donor offers

I bet you believe abortions are wrong, too.

Why do all these pro life people always try and make it seem like the kid is 100 percent guranteed to like cure some crazy disease and you robbed the world of that chance, like everytime i bust a nut should i get all fucking sad and go "shit looks like cancer wins another round"

being so naïve.

My body parts will be ritually eaten by my family and friends.

People can save lives by just checking a box. No effort required to donate and it could be the difference between someone living to see their kids grow up or leaving them dead.

Hording things that people need but you don't need is selfish. Preventing someone from living by hording your organs is inhumane. There's no morality in doing nothing and letting people die. There is only 2 deaths when there could have been only 1. If someone could have used your organs to live and they die because you chose not to give it to them, their death is your fault.

Just like if you come across an injured person and don't help them. You may not have hurt them yourself but you are directly responsible for them not receiving aid because you did nothing. Not choosing is still a choice, and it carries consequences.

Good man. This way they get to gain your courage -and- your memories!

They ask if I'm a robot when I offer

Why would you assume that organ transplants are conspiracies to kill healthy people to save sick people? That makes no sense.

Because when you don't give them up people die, and there's no good reason to not give them up.

and aids, don't forget the aids.

But he can survive, with organs from your dead body. In this hypothetical, his death is completely preventable while yours is not. You damning him to die us what makes you an asshole.

I have already stated my willingness to donate my body- to science. I am not "hoarding" my organs and they will not go to waste. If each organ helps five trainee surgeons/doctors to learn their trade well with hands-on experience, how many countless lives are saved through their future efforts? So many deaths happen on the operating table but with proper training, those odds of fatality are severely reduced. Who knows, I might be saving the life of one of your future transplant patients by being the guinea pig for his schooling. I have made my choice, and I am confident in its validity.

t. Surgeon
They do it for the money.

Why is it that you think you're breaking the news that people die? Of course they die. Organ transplant technology was designed to prevent death, and that's what it does. To not use the technology and allow people to die is wasteful at best and inhumane at worst. Either way it's a stupid choice. "Yeah I could save their life, but meh..."

Give me all of your money,i have student loans and mortgages to pay. Your money will pay for my education flat out.I will go to graduate school and make patents for life saving devices

>their death is your fault.
Dosent work that way retard.Their death is solely theirs and theirs alone

People die,get over it

So how often does that happen? What percentage of organ transplants are conspiracies to kill the healthy to save the sick? Back it up or else you're just paranoid, afraid of something with no basis in reality

Why?

You know, 8 people died today because you're still alive. Strong case for suicide right there, think of all the lives you're saving!

hahaha right?!

Agreed.

because you go in for a simple operation and the next thing you know you're being picked apart for your organs and your family being told that there was 'complications' in surgery.

Yeah man that's awesome! You're not at all hoarding it because of exactly what you said. I agree good training is just as important.

>prolonging the inevitable
Why

Doc will kill me for my organs

I suffer from too many disorders to be a donor.

I just went and got my license renewed and signed up and this has me questioning that decision

So there's a payment system where surgeons are paid more for taking organs from a healthy person and using them for transplants?

>why you're fighting so hard
lol one post, 3 words.
>favourite
european faggot
>Are you on the list yourself
my body will be donated to the nearest university for whatever the fuck they want to do with it. Graveyards are a waste of valuable real estate and you sound like you're already a brain dead trumpeteer.
>everyone who isn't a donor is being selfish
that would define it, yes.

2.0? How can you update perfection?

Because as a double cancer survivor chemotherapy has kicked the shit out of my organs so badly they'd be of no use

>I have
and damnit Dale, no you haven't.

You seem to think that death can/should be prevented, perhaps indefinitely. That just seems like denial to me. It's not inhumane to allow somebody to die. In most cases, it's mercy. Every late-stage cancer patient I've met just wants a quick end. Between the pain of the disease and the pain of the treatments, a gentle end is all they wish for. In humane is keeping someone in life-support beyond their wish to be alive. I don't fight for life, I fight for -quality- of life.

> (You)
>Give me all of your money,i have student loans and mortgages to pay. Your money will pay for my education flat out.I will go to graduate school and make patents for life saving devices

You are capable of doing that yourself if you cared enough about others and had a passion for preventing harm, but you dont, so it's kind of pointless to suggest that, isn't it?

>>their death is your fault.
>Dosent work that way retard.Their death is solely theirs and theirs alone
>People die,get over it

And what part of what I said is innaccurate? Why are you so accepting of preventable death? If it was mother who needed an organ? Your wfie? Your son? You obviously don't have a caring family because you're so a callous that no one could love you, but pretend for a minute.

Do you prohibit the use of all medication? By your logic trying to do anything to survive is going against fate. People want to live. Get over it.

No the organ transplant system doesn't encourage death, it takes one persons misfortune and saves a life with it. People die all the time, unfortunately, we don't need any help dying. Which is why organ transplants exist in the first place. To prevent death.

How often does this happen?

You shouldn't. In TX, if the wounds are equal and can only treat 1 and it's between you and an organ donor, they treat the organ donor 2nd.

See this

Problem is, you'll likely die alone and not be found for several days, making your putrid organs useless for transplant. If you off yourself now and somehow give authorities fair warning, you will guarantee you will be split up and doled out tho those needy patients.

Most people want to keep living. If you need it explained to you why people want to see the next sunrise, then you must be missing a reason to live, which is sad.

Just because death is inevitable in the end doesn't mean we shouldn't fight it every way we can.

Do not go quietly into the night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

>being afraid of something you cant control
you sound like a retard

Yes death can and should be prevented. Who wants to die? If you do want to die, why aren't you dead? Death IS inevitable, but it should be prevented as long as someone wants it to be prevented, if the resources and technology are there for them, like with organ transplants. The inevitability of death and yearning for life are not mutually exclusive.

Regarding the right-to-die, you're not "allowing" people who need transplants to die. You're ensuring they die. People who ask for death because they have a low quality of life are completely entitled to, they control their own lives. People on transplant lists have not chosen to die, they are trying to not die.

The two scenarios are almost opposites.

Right. There are circumstances where organs are not usuable. How does that mean that no organs should ever be used?

That's crazy, how often does that happen per year? No matter what that sounds messed up and should be changed (cuz fortunately laws can be changed). Does it happen enough to decide that no organs should ever be used to save a life?

Also that makes it sound like if they were both organ donors then they would get equal treatment, so the easiest way to prevent that from happening to them would be for everyone to be a donor.

I plan to actually

What part of what I said sounds like fear? I am not afraid of death, but that doesn't mean I want it to happen.

hangthebankers.com/why-you-should-not-become-an-organ-donor/

>hangthebankers.com

Certainly a very credible, data-based journalistic organization. Try again.

Have you read that article? There are NO credible sources. There isn't even any data or statistics to back up their claims. They cite a story from ABC but that's not exactly evidence of an organ harvesting conspiracy.

Good for you! You could save a life when you die.

because it mine and why should i help someone who have never cared or help me when i was alive?

Why not? Why do you have to get something in return before you can help someone?

because that how the world work my friend.
i used to help and care for peoples without asking anything in return just to try to make the world a better place. but after losing my jobs more then once and having more then one scar because i was trying to be helpful i have learn that it useless to help anybody because when you give a hand they will take the arm