THE WOODS IS ACTUALLY BLAIR WITCH

collider.com/blair-witch-trailer-the-woods/

>Surprise! Adam Wingard’s ‘The Woods’ Is a ‘Blair Witch’ Sequel

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=girSv9UH_V8
bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3399467/review-blair-witch-the-woods-horror-game-changer-will-completely-wreck/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

trailer

youtube.com/watch?v=girSv9UH_V8

Might be gud

umm. this isn't reddit or memes....

are you sure you're on the right bored there bud?

Fuck, i really wanted to get pumped but it looks so fucking bad .. The original was horror kino

>shit has gone to hell, make sure you upload everything on parascope bro

Nah, it's going to fail. It won't live up to the hype, and it's probably going to actually show the witch.

H Y P E
Y
P
E

Even though the first sequel was 100% trash I still loved the original and will at least be optimistic about a remake.

It'll never recapture what Blair Witch Project was though because it popularized/created a genre.

So it's the same movie all over again, but this time with black people. Are there homos too?

wait…so its a sequel?

I was into it until about the 30 second mark. Looks like another bullshit found footage movie.

Did Wingard just pull a Kojima?

If you don't like Blair Witch 2 you are an ultra pleb.

bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3399467/review-blair-witch-the-woods-horror-game-changer-will-completely-wreck/

>Here’s the thing about Blair Witch that’s a bit of a spoiler – this is your only warning – Wingard and Barrett are magicians using sleight of hand to distract the audience. It’s pretty clear that the duo know a lot of horror fans were disappointed or underwhelmed by The Blair Witch Project and its finale (no disrespect intended). This film pretends to be that, and while the audience believes more and more that they’re watching a quasi-remake of the original, Wingard and Barrett are preparing a third act twist that’s as intense as any horror film has ever been.

>Blair Witch won’t affect seasoned horror fans (as much), but rest assured that it will destroy everyone else. This film will hurt people. It’s the emotional experience that transcends traditional narrative storytelling and ascends to a place of Nirvana.

So I guess it's good?

well I'm sold

>tfw I was really looking forward to The Woods
I like the original The Blair Witch Project and I like Adam Wingard but I'm skeptical of this. Although I'm sure it won't be terrible.

>there's a twist
>horror fans won't be phased
>NORMIE MIND BLOW THO !!11!!1

The Comicon showing should be ending about now, so spoilers will probably be hitting the internet any minute...

should've not announced it was blair witch tbqh

It's a sequel, not a remake.

thank god there's niggers in it! i finally have a blair witch movie that I can enjoy with my wife's son.

This was the first red flag. You know damn well there aren't any niggers who would willingly go into the woods, let alone a haunted woods.

Kinda looks like as above so below

To fair no matter how you craft the movie its going to look and feel exactly like a remake

Have you two faggots ever watched a horror movie before? There have been tons of token blacks in horror movies ever since the 80s.
>B-BUT THERE WEREN'T ANY NIGGERS IN THE FIRST MOVIE!
The first movie centered around a much smaller group of people. Anyway, I doubt any races issues will be brought up in the film so who cares?

I bet there will be a scene where the camera is facing the corner and we just hear something horrible happening behind the camera.

There weren't any niggers in the second movie either, WHICH HAD A MUCH LARGER GROUP OF PEOPLE, cuck boy.

I sure hope so

The one girl has SJW hair too

>caring about the second movie
Maybe what the director had in mind was good but what we got was a fucking terrible mess. I hope someday we get a director's cut.

it's gonna be some fucked up time-thing.

This movie is going to overlap with the original I bet and the scenes from both movies are directly connected with each other.

Rumor is we'll actually see the Witch herself as well.

Eh, her hair is still pretty fashionably feminine.

Real SJWs either have dyke cuts or long, unfashionable cuts

>we'll actually see the Witch herself

it's been talked about on a lot of forums prior to the reveal, apparently it's one of the major things that happens.

not sure how she'll look, i was kinda hoping Botet would be involved since he'd make a frightening BW.

>blacks going camping in the woods

does this ever happen?

the first one didn't have niggers in it because the filmmakers weren't forced to

no one would voluntarily put niggers in their movies, lol that's just ridiculous.

Holy shit, I was thinking that too. Was it the small space crawling scene that did it for you as well?

Hopefully not like this.

also @1:19 i think that's what we;re supposed to think is her

and in the original teaser you see a hand grab one of the girls

That's what I'm thinking too. Like, the house that the first one ended in wasn't actually there? It's probably so that anyone who enters those woods get trapped in a specific alternate time/place.

Wouldn't be surprised if the original group are still there, permanently unable to escape and being tortured by the witch forever. Like, they'll wind up in a basement and the camera will turn and you'll see the same guy from the first one, still staring at the corner.

>mfw i bought this back in the day
i thought this was so cool back then but yeah hope they won't go this way with it

I don't hate this one desu

Why the fuck did I watch this? Last thing you want to spoil is a horror movie yet boom there goes all the surprises.

Hopefully someone's smart enough to burn down the forest this time.

I fucking hate remakes.

It's a SEQUEL.

>Blair Witch won’t affect seasoned horror fans
Hahaha by horror fans do they mean retards that enjoy Conjuring and shit?

Why do trailers always do that little jump scare at the end they follow the exact same formula everytime

is the twist going to be the cabin is actually the one from The Evil Dead and it sets up the Blair Witch vs. Ash sequel?

But it's the type of sequel that is unplanned. The ones that just try to cash in on the name of the franchise.

Yeah, I'm wondering now then if it's one of these current characters that actually hits Heather in the original, thinking she's the witch.

And like if the teeth they find isn't from Josh, but from one of the new characters.

As skeptical as I am about this, I'm not gonna lie, I'm totally intrigued and looking forward to it

I though the same thing.
I've seen the time-loop done a thousand times and predicted it at least 748 of those times, but God do I love it and I really hope that's what happens in this film.

House of Leaves kinda fuckery. Nice.

I feel like this would have been a better reveal if they didn't change the title, and we didn't find out this was a Blair Witch sequel until the early reviews came out.

Not everyone knows its a sequel and most people won't give a fuck

I totally love stuff like that too, i hope it's true and if so, executed well.

They will ruin the mystery revealing the witch :( just like they did with the space jockey in Prometheus.

>wingard

Yes, please.

revealing the witch will be a mistake.

I'm hoping it's just a glimpse and not a full view of her. Because yeah, what made her great was we never see her. Imagination is fucking frightening

It was totally sharky... complete!

I'm thinking that the witch just posses people and maybe the twist is that his sister is now the witch. The witch possessing the dude that vanished was a popular theory back in the day.

Yeah, if you leave it to the imagination we can all fill in the blanks with what scares us the most. I'd prefer just a glimpse or seeing parts of her but not all, like seeing her arm or something or barely visible, a silhouette.

so are these movies every actually going to show the blair witch or is the blair witch just more of an idea that explains the spooky forest curse

if you look at the trailer @1:19 i thnk that's what we're supposed to think the Witch is

also in the teaser trailer we see an arm come down and grabs one of the girls

Your Next and The Guest were good.
But this looks fucking trash

It's 2016, there's no way we wouldn't see the monster.

That'd be crazy.

The possessing would be pretty creepy but not very visually appealing and people now don't pay enough attention to things. And teenagers who see it now won't even know who heather is. Target audience will probably want an actual witch/ monster.

JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH

I was pretty into it, but ultimately I feel like you do, the filming style and that cheesy creep-infused Police cover was too much for me.

MIIIIKE! MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKKKE!!!

We are all just going to end up disappointed and make some threads trashing it and forgot it in a month.

fuck i thought the same thing. They could have approached it better.

This, while interesting, is exactly the sort of thing that's done now. It's been a rising trend I'd say just after Paranormal Activity, and really well further back (PEOPLE GOT SICK WATCHING THIS, etc). They're like weird carnival rides. It's a weird ouroboros sort of thing.

My religion class teacher teach us about the satanic symbols in one class, the Blair Witch Project symbol means rejection to Christ because according to him it is a cross "crossed" with an X.

Of course he was making shit up, or reading evangelic magazines that said everything was satanic, that was bullshitting because the symbol was made for the movie.

You see I live in an spic country and we have a satanic panic in the 90s just like the one Americans had in the 80s and everything that was fun and for kids was satanic, video games, Marvel and DC superheroes, Barney, The Smurfs, He-Man and of course anime, and all the parents were paranoid their kids would became drug addicts, rapists and would join a satanic cult because fucking Goku was using satanic spells when he turned into a Super Saiyan

And it didn't matter if you were a catholic, even if this false information was propagated by charismatic evangelic churches, for some reason faggot priest believed this was true and propagated the information to even more people.

It was fucking painful for me because I wasn't allowed to watch animus or the X-men I had to watch when anybody, adult or an snitch kid, wsdn't around and I missed a lot of stuff, and the worse of all this happened in one the least shitty and better educated LatAm countries where people are supposed to be less retarded that the rest of this hell-hole of a sub-continent, it still pisses me off when I think about it.

the original was shit, this looks pretty shit, don't care

>ywn spend your allowance on mcfarlane figures at kb toys ever again

it hurts but i know i still got all mine in my moms attic.

>this movie is going to suck btw

well not like they can't have the movie keep showing her over and over, have the protag do the "that's my sisters voice," "that's my sisters bag" type of crap.

I think it's pretty plausible.

It'll be shit.

kill yourself faggot

the blair witch helps the brother & friends get revenge on mike & josh, who are revealed to be the killers

Keep in mind that there are a lot of people who strongly disliked the first film. Imagine if you just wanted to watch a horror film in the woods and only after spending an outrageous amount on tickets/crab legs you had to sit through 90 minutes of trying to locate a character you hate while being chased by another character you hate. It would piss off a lot of people.

It's weird they're pulling the mask off this early, though, since 10 Cloverfield Lane didn't make a peep until just before it's release and the first film in that franchise was received worse than BWP. Yet 10C did fantastic. Do they have to generate hype because Blair Woods is trash and they have to rely on ticket reservations? Maybe...

it's not going to top The Witch which is already hands down the best (real) witch film ever made

I didn't even see anything someone post a screen cap for retards like myself

Just started the original to get pumped

>Rumor is we'll actually see the Witch herself as well.

Plebs will unironically defend this.

>This film will hurt people.
MOM'S

Supposedly in the first film when they're outside the tent at night and start running from something off camera, a producer was wearing a white robe approaching them (which they were not told would happen) and they were expecting for the robed figure to be caught on camera when the actors noticed, but they gtfo too quickly. So I think they intended for an actual witch to be present, but because they were happy with how the scene turned out they don't have to stick to that idea.

If you really want to get technical, some of the townsfolk describe the witch as the spirit of Elly [lastname] that appears as a floating woman, but being a spirit I suppose it could take multiple forms. Note that I think some of the interviews contradict each other and, being a legend passed orally, it's possible Burkittsville changed it like their own little urban legend deviation, so they could all be wrong.

he's right though...

Where do Milo & trump fall under
And what about my animu waifus

Here you go, it's really nothing but whatever this is moves away from the light when you watch the clip

There was a toy made depicting what she was supposed to look like in the movie before they changed the ending.

A fucking tree.

guise, what if it doesn't matter what the blair witch is because we're all the monsters, really.

LOL wtf hollywood
what's next?
Ring 3?
;_;

i heard you're next sucked,i enjoyed the guest though.

omg

What the fuck am I supposed to be seeing there? Is the blair witch the same goat demon from that shitty overrated movie?

Okay JJ, your 10 Cloverfield tagline was cool, but we're done with that movie now. Move on and make sure MEW's in the sequel. Good luck with Star Wars.

no clue, i thought that lighter part was an arm and whatever it is is turning away from the camera

they fall under "but a rusty pipe up your butt,you dumb weeb"

You mean "Ring"? Sequels get fewer words in them now.

another remake/soft reboot/sequel no one asked for.