Who was in the wrong here?

Who was in the wrong here?

The Russos

>27%

Cap for not understanding the necessity of limits, and Stark for not realizing how ineffective said limits would be with typical world government implementations.

Effectively, both of them. Sokovia accords was a kneejerk reaction that both reacted to in a somewhat poor way.

>Despite the supergeeks’ arguing either against working for the restrictive capitalist government or for their own sense of doing right and correcting injustice, the fact is, nothing here has gravitas. Civil War is politics as adolescents misperceive social/global crisis.

I really like that. They both did it the logical thing in their own view, based on all their previous experiences, and the movie paints neither as wrong, it kinda' leaves up for the audience to figure out who's less wrong.

Checking both our dubs.

I agree with you on your point. The movie portrayed that well enough, and it was a nice change of pace for a Marvel movie to not have a clear "correct" answer for the major conflict of the film. On principle I went with Team Stark, but I still see how Cap has plenty of valid points. Looking forward to seeing how the whole thing plays out (and how it affects Agents of Shield).

Iron Man

Tonight's a good night, two sets of dubs. That doesn't happen often. Why can't I get this in "dubs gets nudes" threads?

The audience

I won't get dubs.

>We need these rules!
>Also I'm going to break every rule because MUH MOM
>all of you are being sent to super prison for breaking the rules
>MUH WAR MACHINE GOT HURT IN AN ACCIDENT I CAUSED, HOW DARE YOU, FALCON, SOMEONE WHO TRIED TO HELP MY FRIEND AFTER I HURT HIM!
>Also I'm forcing children to fight my battles by blackmailing them with their secret identity which I learned without any explanation. I just magically know it is him
>also the guy in charge of all the heroes has a hate boner for one of us and literally created an unstoppable killing machine that nearly leveled New York just because he wanted to

Tony was retarded.

>and it was a nice change of pace for a Marvel movie to not have a clear "correct" answer for the major conflict of the film.

More like it was a fucking cop-out! What's the fucking point then?

Again, ZERO stakes.

We've also got Black Panther on our team. A super powered king from a secretive nation that apparently can't stop any random warlord from waltzing in and taking as much of their supply of vibranium as they want, a practically magical element that can be found literally nowhere else. Did I mention he's only here to murder your friend based off of a grainy video of someone that kind of looked like him being seen at a terrorist bombing? This is all okay.

captain america because tony is a butthurt cuck. even the falcon didnt give a fuck about africa. tony was the one who created ultron and caused all the trouble that started this shit.

It was the same in the comics, but delivered waaay better in the comics.

Ultron made himself.

The point is to debate.

Tony was the villain in the comics, bro.

So it would seem, but not in the traditional villain sense. He legitimately thought he was doing the right thing, consequences be damned as long as it was for the greater good.

His severe misguidance combined with his alcoholism and stress made him go to great lengths to achieve his goal, but it wasn't until Cap died that he realized that he fucked up and fucked up bad, realizing that it wasn't worth it, all that he worked for.

Even though he was essentially the villain (being a member of the Illuminati and all who orchestrated the whole thing), the ideals he was working tirelessly to achieve (however misguided they were) were still partially contrasted by Caps ideals, though not wholly. In a sense they were both right and they were both wrong.

The movie pretty much did the same thing but a way more simplified version of it (because there's only so much you can fit into one movie).

Cap

>muh Bucky
>Muh international terroist
>But Tony we gotta stop the bad guys
>whoops there was no bad guy
>whoops all my friends are wanted terroist
>whoops I knew Bucky killed your family

I feel like a lot of people are misunderstanding Tony's point of view on the accords.

>What's the point of being answerable to the UN? There will still be collateral damage

This is true, there will of course be collateral damage whenever The Avengers intervene in something, the point of Tony's side is shifting the responsibility for the collateral damage from the little, independent group of superheroes to the general population of the world.

As the UN is an assembly of delegates of elected governments that represent their people, especially so in the movie where the UN seems to be a lot more efficient, the act of calling The Avengers via a general or Security Council vote to intervene will be the result of the most perfect global democratic process available to humankind (at the moment).

It's only a few steps away from having a message pop up on everyone's phones/computers: Send in Avengers Y/N? And just taking a full world population vote.

I honestly support Tony's position, and think it's a completely natural progression from his actions and consequences in previous films to want to take some of the responsibility away from being a hero, and part of The Avengers.

>inb4 MUH INDIVIDUALISM

Right, and Cap saw potential for that to be severely abused by the current establishment.

Which is why in some sense Both Cap and Tony were right and wrong.

Marvel for breaking up into 2 different studios.

Civil War really only makes sense with all the end of days bullshit from the Mutant storylines and with the few examples they gave in the movie it really didn't make any sense for such a strong response.

>Oh noes! Wanda got a floor of an office building blown up trying to toss a suicide bomber out of a crowded market place!

Bitch should have let it go off in the market place then? Is that the point they were trying to make? Also wolverine really should be an avenger. The different studio split of characters ruins the avengers in a lot of ways.

I kind of side with Stark but neither of them were wrong per se.

Fox Studios already had the rights by the time Marvel Studios was created.