The road to god tier thread

The road to god tier thread
Hey, starting a new life at age 20 need some collective advice on how to be a mans man.
I have:
>no kids
>no relationship
>small family that cares, and 2-3 good friends
>4 year military contract starting in less than a week
>ambition to use my free time to be productive not consuming
I need tips and advice that may be underrated that people dont know about. I know this is a marathon and not a sprint, just looking for some advice on the world. lets make an epic thread

>military contract
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA if you think that's going to jumpstart your life and let you have free time to pursue your goals you are extremely and sadly mistaken

bump.
protip, don't get married

Well im joining the FFL thats kinda a new life. Have fun. Im ex mil

ill get college and certificates for way cheaper, and veterans are priority hiring no?

Yep youre correct on all that.

Yeah sorry kiddo gi bill doesn't cover what you think/get told it's gonna cover, and vets get "priority hiring" which means that employers will see vet status and unless they have a huge boner for patriotism you won't be a "good fit" for their company "(despite there being a non-discrimination against hiring vets)"

I mean, on the plus side a concealed handgun license fee gets waived for vets so there's that I guess

He's really not though... Very few military MOS actually transfer over to the civilian sector. Employers don't care if you've been doing the exact same job as what they have been looking for for the past 20 years, you won't have the right certs.

alright after the 4 years is up, i plan on having increased discipline and being in better shape. That will hopefully increase my confidence. And i won't spend as much living in an apartment with a shitty job/ being tired all the time.

Be careful with GI bill, if you can use the post 9-11 bill it's better because of how it pays BAH for you schools zone, and other money loopholes.. Congress tries to fucking change it and fuck it up every year but it's still the better one, in boot camp they'll try to phrase it as post 9-11 better for family, GI better for single, but the 9-11 is better no matter what.

Don't be a faggot spouting memes or say anything like "you say aw a meme" don't give a girl sad eyes and act like a victim. Quit feeling sorry for yourself. You will be a man.

And i should have some free time, i could spend extra time working out or learning a language.

>increased discipline
>not being tired all the time
>not living in a shitty apt with a shit job
Have you literally never talked to any vet before? Discipline goes out the window once liberty call happens, you won't get sleep in the military, and barracks are cancer. As is military jobs. Oh my lord... at least tell me what branch? If you say airforce there MAY be hope for you yet

i am slowly accepting the philosophy that the world doesnt you shit, you gotta take what you want. i feel pessimistic all the time though

>military
>extra time
>implying you won't be spending your very limited free time drunk as fuck to deal with what you do on a daily basis

navy

Take my advice op. As a former bubblehead, don't you dare show up to go to basic. They have nothing on you until you step foot on that fucking bus.

Navy recruiters lie the most out of every branch

i signed shit though

Doesn't matter

it's sad that most of you love trump

he's going to send you to Syria, iran and china.

to die.

Usmc is same as navy. Little brother branch of the navy. Same applies here.

The world starts to suck when the dudes you've become closer to than family start dieing from suicide or getting shot.

holy shit, never knew this, i'll have to figure out what to do. i dont have references, a car, no college. but this will be better than the navy.

better than the navy?*

maybe we want to die... at least ill get to where I'm going to be eventually faster

Apply for a student loan at a community college and every scholarship and grant you can get your grubby little hands on. Then go through 2 years at community, transfer, get a degree, THEN join the military. As an officer. Who starting out gets paid as much as an e5. And is an officer. Which is better than enlisted. Because officer.

LOL yes. 6 years in as an electronics tech for the submarine fleet. Currently working 2 jobs and going to school full time, because my post 9-11 didn't pay for shit. 6 years wasted with me thinking "oh I can use this once I get out"

will they let me in if i try and back out?

Doesn't matter until you show up, I would say go if you feel trapped in your life now, it can open door down the road and introduce new things. Boot camps intention is to indoctrinate you into military life and stress you out. Everyone comes out fairly subservient and following orders, but it goes away during tech school, you will not lose your individuality. The key for you is to remember not to be subservient and passive. Officers are trained to be leaders and shit in their training, enlisted get shit on. Keep it in mind when you see the sycophantic autistic retards around you following the most retarded orders to a tee. You don't have to be like that, and once your out of tech school you REALLY don't need to be like that.

Yep. Breaking a dep contract means you have 6 months until you can rejoin as enlisted. As an officer, they don't care. You go before a board and they review your achievements and decide off that. They won't even sneeze at the dep breaking

This. Except you will be the only one who sees it this way. Because everyone else but you will be a blue falcon

Bootcamp is a fuckin joke compared to actual fleet watches. Try going 36 hours with no sleep, getting 6 hours off, then doing another 36 hours. Welcome to the navy, recruit

i mean i could probably swing a joob and doparents are going to be pissed though but fuck it

God forbid you call a head a bathroom when an ensign with something to prove happens to be within hearing

op here, one other thing. at meps they were doing the physical and i was reading about scars, i have a few that they didnt find, could they find those down the line and fuck me for it?

Navy doctors won't care. Like at all. Once you get past meps they just absolutely do not care. Also who cares if you have scars? None of them will disqual you. Don't let recruiters scare you shit less user

If you're not trapped and you can go officer route, I would recommend that and you will set yourself up for success. Enlisted isn't a death trap, it all depends on AFSC (whatever navy equivalent is) and your homies. I'm deployed aircrew as I write this, it's pretty sweet.

"Oh you broke your leg in 3 pieces and shattered your ankle? Here's some motrin. You can still stand watch though just get a chair"

Enlisted isn't a death trap but it doesn't set you up for future success either. Just delays it for however many times you decide to reup unless you make it to 20+ years

Gi bill still exists and emplyers specifically seek ex mil guys.

No. No they don't. Lol. Unless it's a large scale fast food chain. They seek out vets

could you do officer route from the enlisted route?

You can but it's REALLY hard to get. And every other poor soul who realizes he fucked up by going enlisted is also trying to get into the E-O programs

or should i just do college then officer?

This.

all right dank, i might just go for college and shit then

Rotc pays for up to 18000$ worth of college

100% incorrect.

Civil service hiring priority.
Tax breaks for businesses that take vets.
Literally every company.

I have never been to a company that doesnt look highly on vets and generally hire them.

I see where this is going and youre obviously not a vet.

USMC stationed in kbay

>still active duty
>pretending to know wtf your talking about what happens once you get your dd214

so youre suggesting i try and go for rotc.

Really guy? 5 points extra for hiring for civil services? When someone who has more experience in that job comes along, and you're both up for interview, your 5 points doesn't do shit

Absolutely.

ship date is soon, i just say im not going?

>im out
>youre retarded.

peace bro thanks for input

Yes it does.

Got priority to get into my department and now ill join the FFL for fun.

Don't say anything just don't go lol

#1 get the hell out of the military. Do u like dying for an avg american salary? Do u like risking your life so americans can cook french fries with oil? Get out retard. Be fed civilian if anything

god damn

You're the exception then. Unless op is trying to be a cop, it won't help him.

all right im gonna need to do some serious overhauling if im backing out for the rotc route. Need job. need to fix car. fuck

If you do notify them you're leaving, 9/10 they will say "you signed a contract blah blah prison time blah blah" which is very illegal of them to do BUT it happens. It's a scare tactic. It works too which is why they do it. So just don't tell them, don't show up, and they can't do anything about it

Op. Apply. For. Scholarships. And. Grants. Once your tuition us paid, the extra shit gets refunded back into your account. That's free money. They have scholarships for being tall ffs.

word, they tried that shit before meps too. the chief of the recruiters asked me questions and said i wrote down diff information on a papaer saying i can go to jail or pay 10k fine for giving false info

>if you enlist with the fake info
And that's only if you're a shitbag. Otherwise they will just admin sep you under "erroneous enlistment" instead of "Fraudulent enlistment"

word, what courses you think will help me get to where the moneys at? computer shit?

Any type of skilled trade=money. Computer market is over saturated at the moment so unless you think you can be a shit hot programmer you are best avoiding that

You haven't even begun life at 20 bro