How are the lyrical themes on this of ANY relevance to white middle class people?

How are the lyrical themes on this of ANY relevance to white middle class people?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D2vuMLg6BHE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why does that matter? I can identify lyrical prowess without relating to the subject matter.

They aren't, and you're retarded if you thought they would be.

>Steamy romance novel
>WHY ARE THE THEMES NOT RELEVANT TO ASEXUALS

If you can't appreciate stories and themes as an observer then you probably shouldn't look at most art.

Kek
You're right though

>Kendrick
>lyrical prowess
Pick one and only one

>fear pride lust loyalty etc.
>not all encompassing general themes

because a lot of white middle class people have grown up listening to black rappers without really understanding what the culture is about, but Kendrick is able to represent it at the same time he tells a story about it putting things in context from his pov.

they're not. but it's like a character study of a beautifully confused and most interestingly clinically retarded man. no literary mastery can open a window into such a soul.

How are the lyrical themes on it of ANY relevance to black people of any class.

Unreleased DAMN. track, DNA pt 2.
youtube.com/watch?v=D2vuMLg6BHE

>If you can't appreciate stories and themes as an observer then you probably shouldn't look at most art
This 100%

>without really understanding what the culture is about

money
bitches
guns

get rich or die tryin'

I'm not even trying to be edgy here. That's literally how black rappers represent their own system of values. Even "intellectual" rappers like Lamar are no better.

SEE YOU'S A YOU'S A YOU'S A

It's a man talking about what he feels and fears. It's compelling because he is a human being and we can relate to feeling fear, pride, lust, etc.

this album has a ton of guilt in it. and you guys are all about claiming people are cucks with white guilt. so isn't this post paradoxical?

He is better.
He talks about money, but he also talks about how it tears his mind apart, and leaves him genuinely frightened, he admits to being scared of spending money even as a 27 year old man.

He talks about bitches, but he also talks about how fucking with the wrong bitch could get you fucked over.

He'll talk about guns, but he'll also talk about how they tear lives apart, including his own.

That's the real difference here, kendrick always shows both sides of the coin and usually has some sort of commentary along side it.

money
sex
drugs

party or die while partyin'

I'm not even trying to be edgy here. That's literally how white rock bands represent their own system of values. Even "intellectual" bands like Ween are no better.

Yeah wow I DEFINITELY couldn't possibly have come to ANY of those conclusions on my own based on my own experiences by actually LIVING MY LIFE.

Holy fuck, no wonder you are all fucking brain-dead retards if you think that SHIT for subject matter holds ANY value whatsoever. Anyone mildly intelligent or socially successful can EASILY know about ALL THAT, yet again, I'm forgetting none of you fucking losers are.

Fuck off.

>This as defence
Lol, read a book, nigga.

This. You is my logical nigga

why are you listening to music and looking for subject matter then if you already know everything?

not an argument

>WAAAA WHY DOESN'T IT RELATE TO ME EVERYTHING MUST BE ABOUT ME ME ME
Nice SJW mindset, faggot.

Fucking IDIOT, I never said I knew everything. You first started some posts ago that he explains things middle-class white men haven't understood, and I just fucking told you that statement is 100% BULLSHIT. Stop trying to derail the argument and change your original statements. I look for subject matter that's interesting to me, I have not ONCE listen to this useless talentless hack's """"""""""music"""""""""". Go ahead and give me a default meme answer now. I'll admit your defeat.

It's not a argument it's a suggestion: Read a book is a perfectly good advice if you think Lamar is some sort of rap genius for exploring more than one side of an issue.

i was not the same user so i didn't start anything.

just wondering why you have such a bad attitude.

what subject matter is interesting to you?

who would you say is a rap genius then?

None of your fucking business. I don't even listen to rap to begin with, grew out of that genre quite some time ago, so you need not worry about it. Excuse my stupid syntax and spelling mistakes on my previous posts, my fucking phone keyboard sucks penis.

why are you so angry?

if you aren't going to engage in an actual discussion then i will leave you and your condescension be.

That's plain wrong. "Thinking man's rock", like King Crimson, Fugazi, Television, The Jam, Noir Desir dwarves everything Hip-Hop brings to the table in terms of sophisticated analysis.

Even pop rock bands like Pulp, Oasis, The Beatles or Morrissey created some air of intellectuality around them. Whilst Hip-Hoppers, even if they are millionaires with speculative hedge funds, still merit their "street credibility" (= vulgar simple-mindedness).

Again, I'm not even implying that Black people are less intelligent, or less capable of "seeing the big picture". But rap music certainly is, because even "Conscious Hip-Hop" tackles a very limited amount of themes.

I don't want to engage in any discussion with someone like you, what don't you understand? Go back to Plebbit, you smell.

lol ok mr ad-hominem.

why do you feel that poverty and living on the street is more vulgar and less important than living as a middle or upper-class?

also, what about Aesop Rock, Shabazz Palaces, Deltron, Constructus Corp, etc?

>If GKMC is a movie about the life of a young boy in Compton, and TPAB is political call to glory for black culture, then DAMN. is a piece of literature full of religious allegory that outlines the duality of man with his relationship with god.

As someone who loves literature, DAMN. is easily the most complex and satisfying piece of music I've listened to.

no, i've learned from this thread that since Kendrick is black and he lived in poverty that his views on human nature aren't relevant.

Same thing with shakespeare's sonnet specifically.

They have nothing intellectually deep within them.

But they convey emotions in different shades i might have never experienced.

Rap is poetry, not philosophy.

You call ME ad-hominem? I doubt you know what that term even fucking means, you fucking underage Mr. Buzzword. You're the ONLY one who, instead of answering to my blatant proof that Kendrick is shit and irrelevant to anyone mildly intelligent in any sensible way, started focusing on how "angry" I am.

E A T
A
T

A

D I C K
I
C
K

Someone is a little bit angry. Looks user anon had a bad day, want to talk about it? It's okay friend

you said you didn't think his subject matter was worthy. so I asked what subject matter was worthy to you and you refused. therefore we can't have an argument because there are no defined terms because you refused.

you can't have proof without defining the argument first.

>I already know these things
Good for you. What's this album about?

said HopsinFan98 with a earnest look on his face

>As someone who loves literature, DAMN. is easily the most complex and satisfying piece of music I've listened to

Holy shit

Wow, when you put it that way it's pretty evident the Sup Forumssters and alt righters are no different from the SJWs they say they hate so much.

Whether or not I'm angry takes absolutely NO TRUTH from my statements. Prove me wrong or shut the fuck up and kill yourself you fucking disgusting shill. You fucking losers think anonymity makes you look any better than you do in real life, when it only makes you look like a fucking idiot who doesn't know how to properly reply and just starts derailing the discussion, something you would never be capable of doing face to face, although I doubt you have many conversations with anyone in your daily life.

yeah forgot to greentext that part, it's straight from reddit

not an argument

>not an argument
not a debate

see:

what was your purpose in posting then?

>Sup Forumssters and alt righters are no different from the SJWs
It's just a discount brand.

for self expression
as an attempt on humor
to spread the word
to offer a different point of view
to affect the direction and/or the focus of the discussion
as a mating call

there are many other modes of communication than just debate

>to offer a different point of view
>to affect the direction and/or the focus of the discussion
>not debate

>for self expression
>as an attempt on humor
>as a mating call
oh ok got it, faggot.

Kendrick music is filled with unique experiences, im just stating the facts, it's never ever just one thing with him.

i have no clue why white suburban kids pretend to understand what he is rapping about

>Sup Forums hates Kendrick now
What the fuck happened?

Sup Forums's been hating Kendrick since TPAB, if anything Sup Forums likes him more since DAMN