Throughout all this Ghostbusters remake hullabaloo...

Throughout all this Ghostbusters remake hullabaloo, where was the hate train for the remakes of Robocop and Total Recall?

I felt like I was the only one that was truly livid that two classic Verhoeven movies were being tainted with boorishly CGI driven imitators, and still haven't seen either out of protest.

Yet, people were okay with Total Recall (despite the charisma vacuum that is Colin Farrell) and people even LIKED the new Robocop despite it lacking any good satire (A parody of Fox News and Bill O'Reilly? Oh my god this has never been done before!) and a fun but at the same time, plausibly gritty looking future (ED-209's in Iraq lmao)

So truly, why does the new Ghostbusters get the hate? Why the backlash against reboots now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dSCwoYcp0IY
youtube.com/watch?v=yXOhIJg4B7k
youtu.be/boNRVXR7bqg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nobody really liked those.
Most people hated them, or didn't care.
But the companies involved didn't throw a shit-fit and call all of those people names.
So we never heard anything about them ever again.
And they were shit in silence.

they sucked too

It was there, you just weren't paying attention.
Maybe a little lighter on the Total Recall remake but that's just because people wanted to see a more modern version of triple-tits

How many times are we going to see this stale copy pasta?

Fact of the matter is both of those movies sucked ass but the fans of the originals all said "those look like shit" and didn't see them and new audiences didn't give a fat fuck either way, so they fell to the wayside. Ghostbusters had a whole big marketing campaign telling old fans and men in general everywhere to fuck off and check their priveledge so everyone got butthurt and then even more so once the movie released and failed to deliver on all their self-praising.

Tl;dr go suck a fat nigger dick, OP

Everyone hated those when they came out too. They weren't worth talking about for more than a month. They've already been forgotten. Ghostbusters 2016 is going to go the same way soon enough.

People hated RoboCop before and after its release (with good reason), and i don't think many people cared about Torall Recall.

everyone hated those too. It's just that the SJW had nothing to do, then it didn't feel as big on the internet in general. If they remade robocop as a woman i bet it would've been a bigger deal.

Total Recall and Robocop remakes were called as being shit ahead of time.

They didn't have a political action machine behind them though, so it was no big deal.

pretty much this

How did they shoot this? I watched through the commentary track and they didn't mention shit.

Reboots and remakes suck, period, there has never been a reboot or remake that outdoes the original.

>inb4 prove me wrong

fast tracking programmed camera mount + speed fuckery + careful edits

You keep remaking this thread, yes I get the joke, ha ha ha. Please stop

It's not a single long shot, there are multiple different camera takes but they carefully arranged it with good artificial transitions.

Internet outrage culture wasn't as developed at the time. Also because I'm not retarded I didn't bother watching them and just zoned out when they were mentioned just like I do with Ghostbusters.

I also assure that I'm not being a contrarian or fishing for (you)s when I say that anti-SJW culture was out looking for things to hate and found Ghostbusters.

I like the 2003 Texas Chainsaw Massacre more than the original. Not sure what your standard requirement for proof is tho.

I accept that you are not fishing.
You are just wrong.

I didnt watch either

You're right, those articles by pink-haired bloggers that average 5 views a week compelled us to start calling Leslie Jones an ugly ape cunt over twitter. They started this war, we ended it.

Talk about one thing. The movie or the jones hate.
While they are related one came first.
All the news about the all female reboot smacked of propaganda. How they handled dled the reception of the shitty trailer.
Stop being dishonest.

it's because the 2003 version is much better than the original

All the news about the female reboot smacked of viral marketing and 'internet politics is srs bizness with us or against us' nonsense. I don't see why any sane person would pay attention to it.

>smacked of propaganda
propaganda for what? A bunch of out of touch retards at Sony just thought there was many to be made with a retarded idea because that's what Sony does.

Dont try to poison the well you retarted twat.
This is clearly not internet politics since this is a real thing and produced a feminist garbage movie abomonation of a loved franchise.

No, replacing an all male cast with an all frmale one is propaganda, peroid. Obvious

Seriously stop you cant even deny the politics thats how they marketed the damn thing the director wanted to prove the wome. Could tentpole a summer blockbuster he said as much.

>don't try to poison the well
I don't speak meme-arguments, articulate what I've actually done wrong here.

>replacing an all male cast with an all frmale one is propaganda, peroid. Obvious
Is it obvious? I think that Sony are just incompetent at reading the market.

Let's say that it is propaganda though, propaganda for what, devised by who? Is Sony run by feminists?

>wanted to prove that women could tentpole a summer blockbuster
I'd just call that wanting to prove a point. If I were to make a big cyberpunk movie and aim to be the big summer movie despite the awful box-office history of the genre would I be making science-fiction propaganda?

>how they marketed the damn thing
I saw one commercial on tv which just had a bunch of generic jokes and bad CG.

Poisoning the well is not a meme its a cery old rhetorical technique, look it up.

Yes replacing the cast with all females is obvious. Its current year ut cant get more obvious.
Yes to all those things. The director is ouite outsooken.

Yes an the point is that wome. Could tentpole a summer blockbuster. Fieg actually said this. Seriously.

YES YOU saw one commercial you are not the world articles and interviews abound.

I dont know if you are stupid on purpose or if this is a natural state. Regardless this coukd be resilved by paying the least bit of attention to the world arround you

>Poisoning the well is not a meme its a cery old rhetorical technique
You can't just drop a term on somebody and expect it to be accepted as a valid point. If you aren't willing to articulate what you mean I think it's reasonable to assume that you don't even know.
>look it up
no

Beyond this I don't even know what to say, is English your fourth language? Between what's meant to be satire, the lack of quoting and your broken spelling, grammar and syntax I can't decipher this post. Do you want to try this post again?

Inam sorry you are unwise to the ways of rhetoric.

Its a pain to green text on a phone so treat the line spaces as the answer to each question.
I have never had a problem doing it this way before.

You seem to be unwise to many things

>you seem to be unwise to many things
You write like g00k. Also this thread has wasted my time. The only way to salvage this thread is to turn it into a meme-music sharing thread until mods rightfully nuke it.

youtu.be/dSCwoYcp0IY

As shit as 2014 Robocop was, I did like this bit from it.

youtube.com/watch?v=yXOhIJg4B7k

Oh you didn't have shit to begin with.
Quit your bullshit.
You went off half cocked and git rekt
Thats all there is to it.

>git rekt
Well yeah, I never really stood a chance against such an intellectual giant
>I think that Sony are just incompetent at reading the market.
>Let's say that it is propaganda though, propaganda for what, devised by who? Is Sony run by feminists?
What a stupid load of nonsense I was peddling.
>Yes replacing the cast with all females is obvious. Its current year ut cant get more obvious.
How did that not occur to me sooner?

youtu.be/boNRVXR7bqg

I don't know man. I am not in the echo chanber that is your mind.

I mean its all there in the interviews. The information was out there

That scene was incredible. I kinda wanna watch the movie now.

Pretty sure Robocop was ridiculed for a number of reasons on here, especially the hand

>where was the hate train for the remakes of Robocop

There was tons of hate for this film. Tons.

If you're the user I was replying to you didn't give me an answer on what's really meant to be the key to all of this.

>propaganda
Propaganda for what purpose?

>its all there in the interviews
What is 'it?' Proof of something?

>echo chamber that is your mind
Stop thinking in cliches and actually make points. There's almost no substance to any of these posts, I have no idea what I'm supposed to be reading.

Pripaghada for the feminist purpose. You know how propahgnada works right. There is a thread up right with photo ops.

Any interview just pick one. Google pail fieg tentpole that should give you the tentpole stuff but any intervuew will do. I said this already but yiu dont want to have you world shattered so you never looked.

I did make a point you are dumb either on purpose or naturally.

I love this hole man into machine body horror thing

Is there a name for it?

>tfw Captain Jack is dead

>they sucked too

total recall remake is actually pretty good, its just that is shit compared to the original

Just body horror, I don't think there's a specific for man into machine

The rest of the movie doesn't live up to that scene, sadly.

How far off is it?

The Thing proves you wrong.

generic 2010's action flick. To be fair, it's above average, and a lot of the hate it got on release I think came from it not living up to the original. If you're bored and have a spare evening, there's worse stuff to watch.

Cool thanks

am I the only one that kinda enjoyed robocop remake? I agree with total recall but robocop wasn't that bad

Peoples problem with Ghostbusters wasn't that it was a remake. It was because it starred women. And that it looked legitimately very bad from it's trailers.

And with the other two, there was minimal backlash because Total Recall was actually a fine movie just not one that should have been called Total Recall, and Robocop was a fairly solid movie that did exactly what remakes should do, have a different point and themes that make it worth existing rather than being a pale retread of old things.

Not to mention RUINING MUH CHILDHOOD FOR SOULLESS REMAKES complaints aren't valid when Ghostbusters 2 and Robocop 2 and 3 exist.

Total recall and Robocop were watchable but were classed as shit from the beginning.

Ghostbusters on the otherhand was a vehicle to shoehorn women into a popular franchise which no one wanted and it also looked shit and was shit.

Women are not a problem in an of themselves. Stop trying to peddle this nonsense. The fem-centric propaganda was the problem.

Your last point dies not really hold water.
Sequals do not taint the original. The original indana jones is not harmed by the most recent one.

>Women were not the problem!
>It was women that were the problem!

Read it again.

The movie was thought by one of Sony top brass, she wanted to make a "gurl powah!" movie, of course this was made by feminists. I can't remember the name of that woman though, maybe it was Amy Pascal?

Women were used to shield the movie against criticism, change the gender of all characters to the opposite one and NOBODY would defend this piece of shit.

You need to get into Japanese cyberpunk, they're all about that stuff.

you can make girl power movies and not have them be utter shit, kathleen kennedy is doing it with star wars

If robocop had been a girl you'd have sdeen the same kind of freakout.

autists are more against what they think is sjw than actual shittiness.

Yeah she forgot to balance the mary sue quotient though.

i liked the total recall remake

kate beckinsale killed it as vengeful wife, the city designs were interesting and the action sequences were really well done

i like the idea of robo tits

The Total Recall remake was one of if not the worst movie I've ever seen but Colin Farrell is based, he just can't be the lead. In Brugges was awesome.

Exactly this. These movies were male leads so everyone was allowed to call them shit which they were.

You see it go behind a post like, 5-6 times.
Those are the transitions between shots.

>People think this is good direction

it's fucking vomit inducing garbage