>we invent house and techno FUCK YEAH U.S.A.

1984-2010
>nothing happened

>Skrillex invents dubstep, FUCK YEAH U.S.A.

>rise of EDM and trap, FUCK YEAH U.S.A

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OHN-QHgBvQw
youtube.com/watch?v=p7FO4fXvFCM
youtube.com/watch?v=gnjMhfvebbYqli
youtube.com/watch?v=nI1s_My6Hsk
youtube.com/watch?v=MnnCToh3WpU
youtu.be/siQhnDosUW0?t=128
youtu.be/xDdpvG9c_Nk?t=170
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Skrillex invents dubstep

are you a brain amputee or something

Technically the USA invented IDM too as it was an American mailing list that coined the name.

an american mailing list hosted and populated by brits

>2012
>rise of EDM

I thought EDM was a blanket term for all electronic dance music from synth-pop dance mixes and HI-NRG.through to modern dance music

it is, OP is just a retard

Spotted the pardners

embarrasing board

i'm chinese

/bleep/ is over here friend

So what?

You know, you're right. Posting EDM memes outside of /bleep/ would actually make Sup Forums a somewhat better place.

1910=music started

2005: hardstyle is created
2012: hardstyle dies

hardstyle was a thing around 2001 buddy

that was hard trance

youtube.com/watch?v=OHN-QHgBvQw
youtube.com/watch?v=p7FO4fXvFCM
youtube.com/watch?v=gnjMhfvebbYqli

if you want to call that hardstyle, id say its more a transitional style, there is still a lot of trance in it.

>LMAO butthurt Americans aren't as good at us at the worst genre in history!
inb4 some britbong tells me to listen to jungle

>worst genre

That would be hip hop/rap

You forgot:

1992 Venetian Snares invents Breakcore FUCK YEAH CANADA

Thats also EDM

no there isnt lmao
thats pure early hardstyle
reverse bass, no long melodic breakdowns like trance, mostly just rhythmic stuff, not the bpm or simplicity of gabber either
this is what they used to play at qlimax and defqon, infact if you go to the early hardstyle stage at dq this is what youll find
this is what hard trance of the time sounds like
youtube.com/watch?v=nI1s_My6Hsk

you cant hear the similarities between that song and K-Traxx - Noise Tool (Technoboy Remix)? A lot of hardstyle songs from that era are also tagged as hardstyle/hard trance on discogs. And of course hard trance still existed as a seperate genre but im still saying that hardstyle was not fully fleshed out in 2001. maybe 2005 is a little too late but its certainly somewhere in the middle.

the reverse bass was actually derived from hard trance, i get what youre trying to say, that compared to 2005 hardstyle its quite similar hard trance, but its still different to hard trance of the era, different enough that you go as far to say that that is pretty much the point where it crossed the line from being hard trance to hardstyle, infact early hardstyle took a lot of influence from hard house and gabber too, not just hard trance
as you said yourself 2005 is way to late to classify as the start of the genre tho
if that doesnt convince you tho, maybe this qlimax 2003 set which uses the im your deejay track and another k traxx song will change your mind
youtube.com/watch?v=MnnCToh3WpU

no

I mean sure you can call this early hardstyle but this entire set is missing a key element that defines most of hardstyle to this day, which is distinct melodies that are much more defined than everything in this set. it still sounds very trancy, progressive and repetitive. heres the earliest i could find, from 2005.

youtu.be/siQhnDosUW0?t=128
youtu.be/xDdpvG9c_Nk?t=170

the melody in followers is still very simplistic but its certainly starting to change from the trancy stuff from the 2003 set. Science & religion has a pretty fleshed out melody, this is what i would call the start of actual hardstyle.

yes but youre only going off what hardstyle is like now, the term hardstyle was a thing much before zany ushered in the pitched kick and melody and it was used to describe the type of hardstyle i posted, if anything, this is what should be called "actual hardstyle"
by saying these tracks are trancy, it seems you dont seem to know much about what separates trance from other genres, trance is not about repetitiveness, that would be something rather like techno, which early hardstyle has a fair amount of similarity to as it was derived from hardcore techno or gabber in terms of structure
go back to the scot project track i posted earlier, you hear the big melodic breakdowns and buildups from around 4 mins, thats mainly what defines trance from genres like techno or house, id go as far to say that without that part you could call that track a hardstyle track and not a hard trance track, infact trance is similar to techno in this way, very early 90s trance that is
the early hardstyle tracks i posted dont have this, its very much about adding and taking away small rhythmic elements such as hi hats, claps, synth stabs, samples etc but in a much more maximal, over the top way that is characteristic in separating hardstyle from a genre like techno or say the intro section of a hard trance track
in a way you could say early hardstyle is like an evolved version of a hard trance intro
yes its progressive, but not in the same way as trance, more in a techno fashion
infact modern uplifting hardstyle with the big melodies is much closer to trance than any early hardstyle

maybe im lacking some terminology but all im saying is even though it probably had something unique about it from the start, it was still changing and separating itself from other genres up to 2005, at which it really became its own thing and has largely remained that way up to this day.

breakbeat and hardcore had a strong scene well before venetian snares.