SPACE

SPACE
So as children I'm sure a lot of us fuckfaces said at one point "I wanna be an astronaut!". Later on we realized that was stupid and moved on. But in the past few years, it's become less of a pipe dream. Currently there are civilians already purchasing tickets to go into orbit, and regardless of any major breakthroughs in FTL/warpgate technology, it's pretty safe to say that in the next fifty years, people will be living in space stations and on our own moon. So user, are you ready to go into space?

Don't let me leave Murph!

Kinda funny that the movie take place in a future where we DID NOT explore space travel.

But he did future remember when after he got Murph to let him leave but time went real fast so he could see her dead?

Yes.

As much as I'd like to, any colonization effort I could assist with would be in the very early stages. I don't think I could put up with how shitty things would be for the first few decades.

Deep down we all want our own spaceship.

Absolutely. I just wish things were a little further along than they are right now. Current space tech is tedious as fuck.

Better be ready to spend most of your time exercising, fighting muscle and bone loss.

OP here

Any anons with space related wallpapers or art? I know there's some pretty neat stuff out there.

I feel that if we can't survive on earth without destroying it, we don't deserve to go into space, and I bet if there is intelligent extraterrestrial life, they'll blast the shit out of those space stationa before they get anywhere close to their planets. Just think bout it, what if WE knew of an alien life form travelling by the thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands to our planet, with full knowledge that they destroyed their previous habitat. I think nukes would be embraced as a solution.

fuck off hippie.

any technology advanced enough to get into space was developed during wartime. this will ring true for any other intelligent life we find out there.

I know how this turns out...

kek yes that's one option....

>it's pretty safe to say that in the next fifty years, people will be living in space stations and on our own moon.
people have been saying that since the 50s.
Blade Runner was set in 2019.
We're being kept here to squabble over stupid shit forever

*sad trombone*
not even close to true for such a large range of reasons.

nice digits

you have a point though.

nice try Jack Brennan. but i'm not going to fall for your bullshit. you'd have us all turn in our guns and give death sentences for j-walking. you're going to make us weak, and when the inevitable war happens, who will be here to protect us? your faggotry must end.

Who gives a fuck when shit I dont even want to use or care about was invented , lol nigga learn how to read then come back to the discussion, grown ups are talking.

you missed the point dickhead. get an MRI you absolute fucking retard. he's saying that other races will blow us up because we're self-destructive, im saying he's wrong because it takes war to spurn science and industry. you're just a fucking idiot that doesn't know his place in an intelligent discussion.

Takes war to spurn science and industry? Omg what kind of paranoid military propaganda shit are you on? U must be a flag wavin gun toting fatass merifag.

No one can decide whether we "deserve" to go into space. Any sentient life form decides that for themselves, it's not like a mass of rocks and trees actually matters. And there's zero chance of crowding out any aliens any time soon

so true. i just hate when my huskys go on a rampage because they ate a bunch of drugs i was saving to sell to the pirates

everybody knows (unlike you, because your education was in the form of morning cartoons) that rocketry was pioneered by wartime scientists as a method of bombing other countries. jet engines were designed by german engineers during ww2, jesus christ i hate feeding fuckwits like you facts, you know absolutely nothing and still think your opinion is valid at all.

im not american, im just a fucking adult who paid attention to history class.

p.s. we wouldn't have antibiotics if it wasn't for war. you are literally the dumbest motherfucker i've ever seen trying to sprout their ignorance like some deranged flower fucking hippie scumbag.

Listen shithead, u might learn something. War has been around for ever, and technological advances have grown at an exponential rate for the last 30 years, this is due to the fact that the Scientific Method has been embraced and that information now circulates much faster, not thx to uncle sam's oil thirst, not thanks to hard times either, jesus man just look up any chart of technological advances and where the more breakthroughs are made, i'll bet anything that war ridden shitholes arent it. So stfu and look into what the scientific method is, and what humans really need to grow up as an intelligent and reasonable human being, which btw u have totally shown u are not. Bitchass militia cumdumpster.

The greatest advances in physics and chemistry (relativity theory, quantum mechanics) occurred during the late 19th and the first decade of the 20th century, at a time that no war is imminent (first world war was still a decade or more ahead). If you go further back, Newtonian mechanics was not conceived during a time of war for the empire. And vice-versa, the USA has been involved in numerous other wars (civil war 1861-1865, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq etc.) but no other major break-through's happened before, during or immediately after these times.
The Roman Empire, that was in an almost constant state of war during its existence, should have produced quantum physics and exa-scale computing by the year 400 A.D
Dumbass.