What's the best record player set up I can get for a $100-300 price range?

What's the best record player set up I can get for a $100-300 price range?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Technica-AT-LP60-Automatic-Stereo-Turntable/dp/B002GYTPAE/
amazon.com/Audio-Technica-AT-LP120-USB-Direct-Drive-Professional-Turntable/dp/B002S1CJ2Q/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1492713163&sr=8-9&keywords=audio technica
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

6 Crosleys

Kill yourself

used turntable
used amplifier
used speakers

Bump

this is on sale. if you want something more long term though go with the at-lp120
amazon.com/Technica-AT-LP60-Automatic-Stereo-Turntable/dp/B002GYTPAE/

Ok if I get the 120, a pair of speakers and the cleaning supplies what else do I need?

If you want new buy an ATLP120 it's a clone of the classic Technics 1200. You'll still need an amplifier annd a set of speakers after that.
Otherwise just buy an old 80s Japanese HiFi from your local salvation army, as long as the turntable has a weighted arm, so you don't chew through your records. It'll be cheaper and sound marginally better than anything you can buy in your price range in 2017.

But my honest answer is to not even bother getting into vinyl, it's too expensive and the benefits in sound quality are minimal compared to flacs and a good set of speakers/headphones. Unless you plan to be a DJ/ only listen to old jazz records/ other niche reasons. If you buy any thing recorded digitally, aka every major recording sing the mid 90s unless specifically recorded and mixed on tape, it'll sound no better or maybe even worse on vinyl.

Is there much of a difference between a a flac and a 320kpbs MP3? If so where can I get Flacs?

Yea there's a decently big difference but again you need good enough headphones speakers and sometimes an outboard amp to really hear it. You can rip flacs from any lossless source like a commercially released CD but if you scour the internet you can find flacs of practically anything. If you're an iTunes pleb apple offers an equivalent I forget what it's called tho. All that matters is that it's a "lossless" format.

Never recommend a turntable with no adjustable counter weight, dipshit.

I bought this and I regretted it. Wouldn't recommend.

What's really the benefit of using MP3/flacs,instead of streaming?

sorry user

What turntable do recommend?

Practically no one streams at a higher quality than 320 mp3 equivalent, and thats if you pay for it. You'll always get better quality and consistency with downloaded flacs

amazon.com/Audio-Technica-AT-LP120-USB-Direct-Drive-Professional-Turntable/dp/B002S1CJ2Q/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1492713163&sr=8-9&keywords=audio technica
i own this one and its fucking great i would highly recomend it

What other equipment will I need I find I get this table?

*if I
Not, "find I"