How easy or hard is it to steal from self checkout?

How easy or hard is it to steal from self checkout?

Depends on the store. Some stores do a random check, some actively watch the the camera and some do jack shit.

>self checkout
Unless you're trying to switch the prices of two things because whatever you're buying is really big you shouldn't even bother.

Anything smaller than the size of your hands put together you can legit just walkout with. Anything smaller than that and you should stick in in your pocket.

The benefit of stealing from self check out is you can be like "oh, I thought I scanned that, sorry" if you get caught.

So it's not about how easy, more about how safe.

Check the laws in your state for tag switching, in mine doing so bumps your theft up to a Class A regardless of the price

I switch to the cheaper option every time. Never been stopped at all but totally safe if one day it does happen.

Stores recognize that the vast majority of their theft goes through self check, and do nothing to stop it.
If you do the stupid ass 'pick up two items, scan one, bag two' trick, that establishes willful intent.
If you scan a couple items and one of them happens not to scan and youre just not entirely sure how this contraption works, you're clear.
It's as easy as that

Again, check your state laws. Switching a king size candy bar to a regular size ones price can get you jail time, not even trolling. There are better and safer techniques

Organic heirloom tomatoes at conventional roma prices

savage

go as a group

It behooves one to shop organic and use self-check.

Now... Im not admitting guilt, but those machines are very cunfusiing

> Getting caught

You know the entire point os stealing is that you get away with it right? It doesn't matter if the law says if you never interact with it.

Said the true sociopath, possible shitskin

>how easy is it to walk out of the store with items?

get a baseball cap and find out shit for brains

/stupid ass thread

Just play dumb if you get caught OP. Dont do anything obvious like tag switching.
Ive lied about any self-input items (fruits, veggies, and the like) by straight up not putting the correct amount into the machine.

Hell, ive even left something sitting in my cart and just walked out.

If you look confident, you're fine. Also, if you happen to have a lot of stuff in your cart (grocery shopping day) and youre trying to get something small out, even if they ask for your receipt, more times than not they just pretend to look.
Literally everytime theyve looked at my receipts they just scanned by it real quick, glanced at my cart, and im good.

I dont do it iften (havent in a long time). But eh. Thats what i got off the top o my head

I do this on a regular basis. Usually act like I'm scanning the item and put it in my bag. However the bagging bit has scales on them that weigh your shit so every time you do this the machine loses it's shit and you have to have someone come over and get it working again.

Most of the time they just get it working and walk off, other times they check your bag and if they find something in there I just play dump "whoops, sorry thought it scanned. My bad".

I'd love to get into stealing higher value things but everything has a tag on them now and if you're caught you're almost guaranteed to be prosecuted. Most of the stuff take is when I'm regular shopping.

Double scan and make a fuss. Look stressed as hell as you go as well, really makes them want to help and worst comes to worst, they scan all your shopping for you.

Scan and before putting your first item down take the second and place it in a bag not on the scan section, works really well with a trolley and a kid because the kid is an excuse "Sorry she kept grabbing stuff out so I just really need to get this done"

When you go to get the tag taken off the bottle of vodka, just bag it. They think you've scanned it but you're long gone.

Most i've seen someone nick is a whole leg of lamb that was scanned through as a bag of apples and shoved in the trolley.

Win win.

If youre gonna play dumb with the whole "whoops thougjt it scanned!" dealio, make sure you have the cash to cover it. If you DO get caught, theyll be keeping an eye on you. Sure, thet cant do anything if you decide to return said item or another, but it would mean you have to wait a while before going to that store again. Its better if you go along with the excuse and just by the item. Smile, be friendly, be confident. Make light of it and chuckle.
Its most suspicious if its an item of high value. The lower the price, the more casual it is.

Also avoid going to any stores near your home. If you DO get into trouble, may as well not be close to home.

I've been doing this for years. No issues.

Get deal items in mix and match and scan them all at once, then get another group that don't have deal stickers but are in the same section.

Scan em all through, then leave. Look at your receipt in the doorway and go back in to the help desk, complain really confused and try to argue that you should have the item for that much.

You'll either get refunded the amount (well done you just got 3 steaks for the price of 1.5) orrrr you wont get anything.

This is where the acting comes in, look disappointed and ask if there is anything they can do. When they say no. Just shrug say "ok thanks anyways." and leave.

The cctv has seen you try to fix the mistake, go through the steps and has evidence of you being there.

NOW go onto twitter, facebook etc. where they have a profile and leave a comment or tweet stating how you don't have faith in the brand because you were at a loss and didn't understand the situation and outcome and feel let down.

You should get a referral to speak to someone via email, message etc. They will state that it will be reviewed. As long as you're firm and don't falter you'll be given X amount of vouchers (my personal record is £20 for a GENUINE cockup).

How fucking poor are you? Disgraceful....are you a fucking nigger?

Late one night I walked out with 3 12packs of dp by accident