Why does it cost 9 dollars?

Why does it cost 9 dollars?

Because artists think they're entitled to money for digital files.

Funeral expenses

>releasing a free album as a small artist
Are you fucking crazy?

She was cremated which saves an average of $10,000 from the life insurance payout and he said she had coverage.

I'm sure he worked out all the expenses prior to the actual murder

Because artists need money to survive,
Go complain about how music is dying though while you steal some more

>Not having a day job as a small artist
*scoffs*

hilarious good job good use of your time good joke man hilarious

That's some heavy fucking trips right there mang

they are. It being a digital file doesn't negate the work put into making the music.

You would only do that if you are especially small. The Microphones/Mount Eerie are very big in indie.

It kind of was a good joke. Why you so pissy?

He literally made it in a day in his house.

Because artists are people who have to eat and buy clothes and live under a roof etc. just like any of us.

not to mention the budget of the album assuming they paid for the instruments and recording software and computer they used to produce it. Yeah, they deserve money if they ask for it. It's nice when they don't but when they do you either pay up or don't listen. (or torrent it, literally nobody is going to care)

>in a day

are you fucking retarded? he literally says on the different songs that they were made on different days (sometimes months apart).

Wrong, he used all of her instruments right after he got rid of literally everything else she owned which he couldn't use for his own profit.

Why does it bother you when you know you can find it for free if you want to?

You mean in the lyrics? Those are just the fucking lyrics aka his fucking diary. He recorded the entire album in a day.

Either way writing/performing music is work and work isn't free. Also funny how you conveniently missed the part where I mentioned the cost of his computer, recording software. Also it costs money to master albums assuming he sent it in for mastering.

Was there anything besides him and his acoustic? What's there to master? This isn't exactly Dream Theater

You do realize massive artists on Sup Forums still barely get by?

Michael Gira lives in a middle class midwestern home, and that's after releasing over 20 LPs in his lifetime.

Even $3 would be criminally overcharging for this rushed shit piece. Did he just record his gay poetry and forget to put any music until the last two tracks? Idiot. He should pay me for having listened to it, I felt like I was listening to a demo I was hired to produce.

And I bet he would've made more if he did charge $3 because all the bleeding heart suckers would've still paid more which is an option but tons more people would've gone ahead and bought it instead of turning their nose up entirely to the inflated price tag of a fucking file

>You do realize massive artists on Sup Forums still barely get by?
Depends on the artist but for the most part no.

>Michael Gira lives in a middle class midwestern home, and that's after releasing over 20 LPs in his lifetime.
That's intentional

Who doesn't want to make money off the supposed tragedy of a loved one dying?? So much lost respect.

Legal defense is a bitch to pay for

unless your company pays it all

Ok well I guess I was remembering it incorrectly.