Something is not adding up here

Something is not adding up here.

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0001457515301585
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mirrors are not accounted?

You're being autistic about someone offhandedly converting one form of measurement to another and the roughly rounding the result to a whole number.

You're an idiot

TLDR there is not enough room for a truck and a bike in the same lane.

You must be a cyclist

Even if you are riding as far as possible to the right, there is not enough room.

I live in Japan and cyclists are literally no problem. But when I lived in Canada they were literally the biggest goofs on the road and i hope they all die.

Nailed it. I'm in Canada. For some reason they also seem to think dark coloured clothing is ideal for dusk riding

Then they'll die and sleep a little better at night. USE THE 2 METER WIDE SIDEWALK U NIGGER.

>"but it's illegal!!!!"

I've literally never heard of anyone getting in trouble for this.

*I'll sleep

Cyclists do NOT belong on the street.

I've likely struck many cyclists on accident (not even knowing I've struck them).

Cyclists are so foolish.

>put on spandex
>ride your bike on the freeway
>expect to be safe

There's no room to overtake another car in the same lane.
Are you saying overtaking is impossible?

No he's saying you should kill yourself.

Where the fuck do you even live?

I've been in both Cali and Nevada and it's illegal to ride on most freeways

don't be naïve, I see cyclists on the freeways all the time in CA and NY

I've likely struck some on accident

Are you serious? I saw cyclists every day on the 101

As someone who has spent the last ten or so years riding bikes (mostly BMX, fixed) in the SF Bay Area, you're much safer as a cyclist just assuming every car can't see you and will hit you.

I'm literally the example of asshole cyclist who lane splits, ignores traffic laws, and will kick your fender if you get too close.

cyclist detected tbh

>bike everywhere
>report license plates of reckless drivers to local PD
>occasionally see them pulled over down the way
>LEO buddies thank me for helping them meet their quota
>give gopro videos to local PD if people push the case to trial

Share the road. It isn't hard.

It's illegal for bikes to ride on sidewalks. Don't like it contact the government and change it.

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0001457515301585
No, it can be done. But there are many situations where it cannot be done safely.

How the fuck do you not notice hitting a cyclist

So angry.
Too fat to ride a bike as kid?

I've hit many cyclists like u in my country.

and I've killed at least 4.

I don't feel bad about it. you will not die with glory.

in my country, it's not allowed to overtake on the right lane. fucking cyclists have to obey the rules!

many many many people hit cyclists all the time, very few actually know when they hit one.

it's not like i'm trying to hit them.

you don't even have a car kiddo.

>Don't mind cyclists on city streets
>Even though they pull dipshit moves, so do car drivers
>So many city streets they can stay off busier boulevards and 4 laned high volume streets
>But they don't
>riding in the middle of the lane on a 70kmh road
>one guy actually dies doing this
>hurr durr drivers need to be safurrrr
>starting to pass slew of bylaws protecting cyclists
>He could've used dozens of almost unused residential streets

The article essentially says overtaking a bike in a situation where you would not overtake a vehicle is dangerous.
That was my point.

That video is a closed track bike race.
Not relevant

There's a lot of shit riders, but there's even more shit drivers.

And this is why I don't live in your shitty country

>Don't like it contact the government and change it.

If you want drivers to take responsibility for their vehicle, take responsibility for yours and understand it's impositions. Ever try to pass a cyclist on a busy street during rush hour?

Coworker rides a bike into work, he said there's no alternative than to ride sidewalks on certain streets.

no.

if you're foolish enough to ride on freeways, or busy streets with cars (you're not protected by steel), then Darwin's winning.

it's very sad, but when when your kind die, it's literally making our streets safer.

no.

if you're struck, it's an accident. just like a car hitting another car. I've never seen someone prosecuted for hitting a bicyclist.

you shouldn't have been riding a bicycle.

Well then talk to your law makers. Apparently if I want to ride my bike, I'm legally not allowed to use the side walk, and could be fined.

What's your explanation for this bullshit then?

>if you're struck, it's an accident. just like a car hitting another car. I've never seen someone prosecuted for hitting a bicyclist.
>you shouldn't have been riding a bicycle.

Are you retarded? Of course people get prosecuted for hitting cyclists. I don't understand how you can make the comparison that a cyclist getting hit is like a vehicle getting hit yet say fault is on the party being hit.

>all Muslims are terrorists
>all countries with Muslims use the metric system
>all people who use the metric system are terrorists
Fuck you, metric system

I live in the country well outside of Atlanta. I work and play in the city, though. When I'm a pedestrian I hate drivers, and when I'm a driver I hate pedestrians. But I ALWAYS hate cyclists. If I ever see just one obeying traffic laws I might change my mind, but they all seem to be hipster dipshits with a death wish.

As for kicking my fender if I get too close, that's funny. My favorite trick is to hang a car antenna out of my passenger window and tag cyclists across the ass or back as I drive by. Fucking idiots.

Yeah, the bicycle is on the right of the car, but in the sign it's on the left.

that has nothing to do with me

i'm just trying to get to work. and if you strike me with your bicycle, and end up paralyzed, it's your fault.

Just how many of my goddam freedoms do you libs want to strip away??

>I've never seen someone prosecuted for hitting a bicyclist

Then you have never seen someone hit a cyclist. There is almost guaranteed injury when it comes accidents involving cyclists.

>USE THE 2 METER WIDE SIDEWALK U NIGGER.
>>"but it's illegal!!!!"
>I've literally never heard of anyone getting in trouble for this.

I have. Quit being autistic, it's giving cyclists a little space on the road. It's not that bad.

This.

A cyclist terrorizes cars AND pedestrians.

If it's an accident, sure. But saying anytime you're struck is simply false. People on cellphones hit stuff all the time and are considered legally at fault, it's no different if they hit a cyclist

I've hit tons of cyclists apparently, I never knew I did though.

Times I've been prosecuted: 0.

>your kind
I'm not a cyclist you idiot, and highways or freeways bikes are generally illegal to be on.

Cyclist and motorbikes can be annoying, but if they behaved as a car, and cars treated them as another car things get a lot safer.
You might get where you're going a few minutes late but is that really so important to you?

Petition for a cyclelane on the sides of roads rather than complaining.
They will be on the road regardless, at least that gets them out of the way

On the sign the driver is on the left side, meaning it's going away from us, JUST like it is on the other representation.

>I've never seen someone prosecuted for hitting a bicyclist.

That means they're too lenient on drivers. I'm not sure that's the argument you want to make.

exactly. the onus is on the cyclist. of course it's going to be catastrophic if they're hit. which is why they shouldn't be riding on a fucking freeway, or on any other street where there's cars.

I've seen drivers sue cyclists (and win).

Tbh, by now I think we've all been traumatized by cyclists. Is it time to fight back?

You sound like a healthy stable person. Enjoy being superior to everyone else

Aren't you the one trying to strip cyclists freedom to cycle on the road.
You must be an American hating communist or something

>Shut up and break the law for this country I claim to love

You probably don't even understand how dumb that sounds user.

Problem is, if you take 1m, your car will be 0,5m on the oncoming traffic. Often you can't overtake then.

Britfag spotted

>I've hit many cyclists like u in my country.
>and I've killed at least 4.
of course you did internet tough guy

>sidewalks literally have signs for bicycles and they are wide
sure feels good to live in a 1st world country.

Thank you! And I do actually.

What kinda coke are you on cyclist are pedestrians and it against the law for pedestrians to be on the freeway

>Yeah, the bicycle is on the right of the car, but in the sign it's on the left.

Wrong. Cyclists are not pedestrians. Check any state's DOT designation.

ask the goddam cyclists why they're on my freeways. if you can scrape them up out of the ditches.

ITT: people being mad at cyclist because they want to make a excuse for their bad driving

so what's your butthurt here exactly?

Another Halifax fag? Dexter made some fucked up laws dude

So we just do that and crash into other cars as a result. After car crashes go up 17493000 percent THEY WILL CHANGE THEIR MINDS OR DIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well now im just going to kill every cyclist i see. Way to make your subhuman race extinct biketard

I DARE an adult to ride a bicycle close to me while I'm driving.

In my country we have no laws against accidents in cars.

im stopped and a cyclist rides right into my back bumper.

My car was fine.

His $1500 bike was fucked.

He got pissed at me and i just laughed and called him a faggot.

Mfw he tried to catch me but i was in a car and his bike was trash

If you trafficweavers would stop getting into braindead collisions I wouldnt have a problem with you

>bycicle rider detected

I like chucking bottles at their head

Roads are filled with automotives speed limits are set for automotives and automotives want to use this to their advantage because the sole point of being in/on an automotive is to fucking get somewhere more quickly..

Are you retarded? Do you see
People walking down the middle of busy roads? No? Well maybe it's because people use them
To fucking get places more quickly.

Itt: cyclists blaming drivers when they ride headfirst into peoples cars while driving the wrong way down down the middle of a 50mph road.

Ive had some dumb shit smash into the side on my car WHILE I WAS PARKED.

HE SAID I SHOULDNT HAVE PARKED THEIR!!!!

IT WAS MY PARKING SPACE AT WORK

Fuckin topkek

>this.
Thankyou

I'm not a cyclist and you didn't in any form answer the question.
Not that I expected you would.

>muh freedoms
> only mine though, fuck everyone else's
>FREEDOM!!!!!!!!

So you completely miss the part of me acknowledging it is a problem and suggesting a solution.

Of course you did.

I guess you're right

Cycle lanes would work if people used them

I just hope for your sake that you don't run into my car.

Or get nudged into oncoming traffic.

These things happen on accident, and all too often the cyclist dies, or is paralyzed.

It's tragic.

Vehicle accident is a vehicle accident.. Just cause you die doesn't mean the driver is at fault.. YOU are a fucking moron.

no you havent. no one has ever gotten in trouble for riding on the sidewalk

only bad math i see if that ".gif" on a still image.

Most cyclists are douches who ride two abreast, not in single file.

Get the fuck off my road and get your "fitness enthusiastic" ass to the park.

Since I'm not a cyclist you don't need to hope.
Still won't acknowledge that I agreed and posed a potential solution.

You're hard-core user. Go kill more bikers

This, get the fuck out of the road.

sounds like you don't belong on the road

unless you've been hit by a truck

I DARE YOU to ride in my city streets or highways.

ppl like u are fat and gay. y don u get ur ass 2 the sausuch park fag

Up until now one of the more important road rules was "don't cross the double white line" down the middle of a road. These lines are marked on the road where there is not sufficient vision of oncoming traffic to overtake without a potential collision.

Road safety arseholes and police now suddenly say "Ah, fuck it. If you have to cross the double white momentarily to get around a fucking bike by a full metre, just do it cunt."

Excellent rebuttal. You sure persuaded me with your hot opinions and projections. And your grammar really topped it off.

Fuck off back to your parks.

Thankfully our Law Enforcement community has started ticketing cyclists, and even arresting some.

It's legal to cycle here, on the street. But the police will cite you for something.

And if you're hit, our judges will refuse your civil suits. And our prosecutes will refuse to prosecute.

This is America. Not San Francisco.

Haha top kek

DAMN IT FEELS GOOD TO BE DUTCH + CYCLIST

The road belongs to cars and motorcycles... this is fucking 2016 not some hipster fucking 1880's.

Cyclist are autistic and to lazy to drive. IN fact cyclist should have to pay insurance and yearly taxes as well. They wanna use the road fucking pay for it.

How's the weather in Somalia this time of year?

cmon u have to work on ur baiting skills

Neuken in der keuken?

> and to lazy to drive

kek you had me going there for a sec