Hey Sup Forums, I have a question for the smokers in here

Hey Sup Forums, I have a question for the smokers in here.

I'm 18, I've been smoking since I was maybe 16, but like only at parties and whatnot, maybe once or twice a month. Didnt start actively smoking til last september, so like 5-ish months. I go anywhere between 2 smokes/half a pack a day. Recently picked up vaping (vape nation bro) to try to aid quitting, its working to an extent. I still smoke but only like a few times per week.

I was just wondering, you see all the posters and whatnot talking about how you can get bronchitis and eye problems and all this shit, but I was just wondering, how long does it take before effects actually begin to set in?

So far I've only really noticed loss of breath when Im doing cardio (I do boxing and play soccer), and that's pretty much it. Can someone sort of give me a timeline of the side effects?

Also, general smoking thread. What does Sup Forums smoke? I'm on Benson & Hedges Gold XL's right now.

you're so cool op keep smoking more

hey thanks dude 8)

my father had a friend who smoked for around 30 years. she passed away of COPD a few years ago at around 60, but she smoked pretty frequently, even while the disease was there, and there's still alot of different shit that cab happen to you. so it really depends on how often you smoke and if you're unlucky enough to come down with something immediately or in 30 years.

can* pardon my autism

is it even possible for shit to happen immediately? I mean I have a lot of people in my family who smoke, my uncle has been smoking for like 40 years and mostly he's okay. He coughs and shit but no legitimate health issues, so I feel like my family has okay smoking genes lol. My grandpa also smoked.

To answer you seriously, OP

Quit now. All of it including vaping, stick to marijuana. Real shit though, my grandpa smoked since he was 13 yrs old to 81 yrs old and an aneurysm was what got him, not COPD or cancer.

I'd say it runs in genes, what you are susceptible to most. Any doctor will tell you the same, I think it's best we listen to them.

I would encourage you to quit, because the polonium content in the smoke will damage your lungs over time. That shit is insidious and can do some serious damage. You might not get cancer because random chance is like that, but you are putting your risk way up.

Medfag here. the serious permanent irreversible effects of smoking like lung cancer, COPD etc. generally take decades to manifest (unless you're unlucky and born with shit lungs). I'm talking 15+ years of smoking like 20 cigs a day. Right now it's probably reducing your lung capacity and damaging shit but it won't be permanent unless you carry on this retardedness for the next few decades

sauce on the gif?

I've been blazing since I was like 14 and recently quit because I just dont like the feeling anymore. I knew it was only a matter of time before someone mentioned that.

Im gonna quit soon enough, once I get back into the gym.

So what can I expect within like maybe a year or so? Anything serious? And do lungs even repair themselves if you quit smoking for a while?

Just got it off a thread on /gif/. Not sure.

>lungs full of tar
>no legitimate health issues

smoking is for faggots.

No legitimate health issues meaning no cancer, no bronchitis, COPD, anything of the sort.

Agreed, hence the attempt to quit.

How do i get my parents to quit smoking?
My family is a heavy smoker and so am I, recently i've decided to quit smoking but i wanna get my parents to tag along.
I've talked to them about it but their willing but i know after numerous attempts they are just not capable of it.

Currently smoking Blue L&M's.

>mother smokes close to a packet a day and has so for the last 25 odd years.

you can't. If they dont want too quit then there is no point trying to make them. It only adds to their stress

at least that's what i've found after having tried to convince her to quit ever since i was a child

siblings also

That's what i'm fearing.
Mom's close to 50 now and i told her i would quit with her but i can't keep my eye on her and ultimately it's up to her..

The worst feeling is when you're parents are slowly killing themselves and you can't do nothing but watch..

camel filterless, 15$ a pack here

i feel you.

SAUCE