What are the opinions of the fags of /b?

What are the opinions of the fags of /b?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1QqCwizxSTb
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think I just bought all those same parts for a computer I'm building

why don't you just go lga1151 with intel?

lol

new amd cpu soon, ryzen

Why not wait a month and get a Ryzen CPU?

as always
Nvidia > AMD
Intel > AMD
please dont buy that AMD bullshit... you will regret it after a while

>this is what Intel fanboys actually believe

Never once bought Intel. Never once regretted it.

www.logicalincements.com

Now that that is out of the way, it looks like a decent setup for a non Intel?nVidia gaming rig.

Personally I would get a 1070 GPU, but I'm biased against AMDs (the drivers are ASS).

Also, i would invest in a CM 212 Evo for the CPU, AMDs have a nasty habit of getting hot.

don't buy "gaming" shit and especially not MSI
you don't need a gold PSU, waste of money. bronze is enough
if you gonna go with AMD's gpu get sapphire

OP here, you really think so? I mean I didn't pay a dime for it, which is why I'm excited.

>MSI
>XFX

Be ready for those to die on you. I repair and build computers for a living and like a quarter of the stuff I got by them died within a year.

i like how the second one has FA6 in its model number
very fitting for the FAG OP

I have an RX 480 and I had a simular Processor. LISTEN TO ME. DO. NOT. GET. AN. AMD PROCESSOR.

get an I7. This is not a meme or a joke. The AMD processor I had preformed like SHIT and ran so hot It would shut off my system every few hours. The RX480 Is an outstanding video card. I've yet to meet a game that could take it down in terms of max setting with 60+ FPS consistently.

Everything els looks bueno

just look at the benchmarks from the cpus.
Intel cpus are allot better than the cpus by AMD.
I am not a Intel fanboy i even game AMD a chance by buying 2 7970 GC.
the first was done after half a year and the secoand after a year. I went back to Nvidia and it still works

did you use the stock cooler on the cpu?

I own some older AMD 125 Watt CPU's, and I'll never go with something that hot again. 85 Watts is plenty hot.

I don't know. It was a prebuilt when I got it originally. I upgraded it myself and the cooler looked preddy good

OP DONT LISTEN TO THESE FAGSS JUST BUY AN I7 AND A GTX 1060 JESUS FUCKIGN CHROST

This. Should wait to see how Ryzen compares to intel equivalents

>Intel cpus are allot better than the cpus by AMD
Bullshit. I've never found an Intel CPU that couldn't be outperformed by an AMD CPU at around 3/4 the price.

or an 1070

It's an extremely bad time to buy right now. Wait for the Ryzen release and get a way better CPU for the same price. Tests are showing the ability to deliver around the same performance as intel CPUs at half the price or less. Depends on which models and what Intel does with the prices of their stuff.

I run a variety of machines in different forms (server/desktop/htpc/laptop) with all kinds of hardware. So I have decades of experience with INtel/amd and nvidia/ati hardware. THe CPU wars is getting good again. We'll see how the GPU thing goes.

Lots of reviews out there for you to confirm

unnecessary if you're playing 1080p

vocaroo.com/i/s1QqCwizxSTb

ok, have fun with you AMD CPU. Maybe you can afford an Intel CPU in a few years

If the leaked benchmarks are true then AMD might even beat intel in performance.

stock coolers are shit. after market is a must

most people here are retarded and you have to shave their ass hair to find out if they're even mildly intelligent.

Oh you mean about computers. no idea bro. technology passed me by about three years ago.

I have this mobo. Its okay for the price, but voltage control isn't that great.

A. nice voice, really enjoyed that

B. why not just get an i7 and a gtx 1060 where he can play literally any game ultra on 1080p fag?

It's not just about power. It's also about stability and longevity. I've never even seen an Intel CPU fail due to anything other then user error. I've also never heard of someone with an AMD CPU that didn't upgrade partially due to issues

Everything seems fine except for that AMD CPU. That CPU is going to heat up very quickly without liquid cooling and even with liquid cooling it still heated up quite a bit for me.

That really depends on what you're doing with the machine. The anniversary edition pentium I think it was the g3250 was super cheap (60 bucks) and ran circles around the FX series in low thread count tasks.

Having said that the ryzen series has a vast improvement in per core performance.

>Im too retarded to watch 3 videos and read a couple of pages on reddit to catch up on all consumer grade pc tech out there

>therefore everyone else is....

i5 2500k is is $85 on ebay, for the price it's only slightly lower in the performance bracket to not make a difference if it is overclocked. Combined with that gpu.

If it was overheating it would explain the performance issues.

I am using an old phenom II x4 965 and still can play any new game with no lag.

wait for the amd ryzen to come out. Don't be stupid.

I have literally never had an AMD CPU die on me and I've been building computers all my adult life

My Fx 6300 is OCed to 4.8 ghz with a hyper 212 + cpu cooler. I live in a very hot humid area (today will hit 80) and my CPu temps peak in the low 50s.

A good case decent Heat sink and a proper cleaning schedule does wonders. If you go liquid cooling then clean the fcking radiator occasionally :P

nah. you just can't master continuously. eventually it moves outside the realm of the way you were taught.

I started with redhat and stackable compaq towers. just cant/don't have reason to keep up nowadays.

>A. nice voice, really enjoyed that
Thank you I have no idea why I did that
> why not just get an i7 and a gtx 1060 where he can play literally any game ultra on 1080p fag?

Because as I stated earlier I havnet met a game my RX-480 couldn't max out with consistent 60+ fps

I have had several clients whos Intel CPUs died on them within months while I have yet to see any AMD die except from DOA or user error.

I have the fx8350 and with the 212evo it doesn't go above 40°C

remember when there was actually an OS called fedora? Kek (even tho it was badass).

I had to throw away an athlon xp 2400+ system and a p3-500 based system last year because I just didn't have anything for them to do. Both overclocked entire lives (heavily in a hot area).

If you take care of your stuff and it survives the first two months it usually lasts a long time.

I took a computer building class more than 10 years ago and everything I learned there is still relevant to building computers today.

Are you just retarded or something?

im still pretty good. just not enough to offer advice on OPs modern brand build. But im interested enough to watch the thread and see what you guys say

go outdoors. best graphics ever over 6 billion players hc mmo permadeath etc

I'm going to have to agree with the others and say wait for Ryzen.
The 8350 really isn't worth it right now if you want to use it for games. This is coming from someone who desperately wants AMD to come back.
Even if you still want to go the 8350 route, it's price will probably drop a bit once Ryzen releases.

soft kek

I'm the dude you tried to reply too. Not really sure what your point is with that post, but the two month bit is pretty consistent with my experiences

Gotcha. I thought you were insinuating that the process of building computers had changed to much for you to follow

Intel = Better production quality
AMD = Better architecture design

Intel just tries to jam as many transistors as possible into their processors but often has higher internal latency issues which leads to a stuttery kind of slow down when stressed.

While AMD focuses more on reducing internal latency to make up for fewer transistors leading to less of stutter up load.

>I love AMD over intel because no matter how much I have my computer doing it never stutters like intel.

>Too expensive.

Say saying I've had the same experience but with intel and AMD.

Been assembling units since 91.

>leveling system sucks
>theory-crafting takes multiple players multiple playthroughs
>in-game economy is borked

3/10 game would not play again

Nothing in this post is based on any kind of logic whatsoever. Intel is usually concerned with improving single threaded performance for the price over AMD, but amd usually does a better job of providing multi threaded performance over intel for the price.

>tfw AMD has better drivers than Ngreedia
Do some research you fucktard

Got it. I never build with Intel for price reasons alone, but other than that I've got nothing against them

WHy not wait for ryzen and vega

Probably waiting for the price to drop some

I've used almost consistently alternating AMD and Intel, there are purchases that can be made at different times, that last longer for what someone may want to eventually do, but I don't even purchase most of my hardware, I inherit it from my younger brother who tends to upgrade, and donate his old computers. I say they have started lasting longer and longer for what I use them for, the last system may have lasted 5 years, my current one that he donated a year ago may last even longer, but I still have the ability to upgrade the graphics card for the games that I wish to play.

Even a system with 10 year old hardware can perform fine for basic web browsing, as long as the user isn't slowed down by their system or their system doesn't perform quickly enough for the user to find it acceptable to their train of thought that is usually the only reason to upgrade.

My picks are based off what is best for my client. Some clients have the budget and desire for higher level performance.

I assembled some setups using the intel g3258 CPU because at 60 bucks it ran low threaded games just as well/better than my OCed 6300. Was a great fit for a few budget builds.

I recommend to wait how ryzen compares to Intel, if the leaked benchmarks and prices are correct you could get a better rig for the same amount of money.

If you can think faster and input faster than your computer can react to what you want to do and know it is possible to be quicker with another system you may want or need new hardware. Or become a programmer and increase the efficiency of your software by any means necessary it is still possible to browse Sup Forums on a computer that is over 20 years old.

No op, hes an idiot. Anyone who claims AMD is inherently inferior has no clue what their talking about. Currently AMD has not release a new CPU architecture in 5 years, so swapping for an i5 or waiting for Ryzen would be best. The RX 480 is objectively the best card for its price point, excellent selection. No it will not die after a short time, and if it does its a manufacturing error and you can get a replacement fairly easily, this happens with Nvidia as well.

not the person you're respinding to but I agree. Advancements in "technology" are based almost 100% on user end interface.

If you're technologically inclined enough. you can be thomas gabrielle with a toshiba satellite

You can also have a closed shell system with a T1 connection and be pewdie pie.

computer engineer here

the 8350/am3+ mobo has a bad price to what you get ratio nowadays unless you got some sort of deal on the components you fucked up

you could buy a cheaper power supply if you're not planing on crossfire config in the future

gpu is good tho

AMD drivers have been excellent for more than a year, in fact they brought the 480's performance up to the 1060's not long ago, meanwhile Nvidia has been fucking up geforce experience. The whole "AMD has been ddrivers and is hot hurr durr" meme was only relevant because of the 290/x, a card released 3 or 4 years ago(which also happens to be beating the 780ti, 780, titan and 970 despite all of those cards being faster on release)

i myself are on a i7 7700k and 1070 GTX combo. Love it, but with the coming of RYZEN it's gonna be a blast this year.

look dude i built my first pc when the gt9600 was something drool worthy and felt the same as you do now when i wanted to build a pc for my brother, i literally just went on reddit and read all the suggested builds then watched the linustechtips explanation videos on youtube and that was it.

If anything pc buidling is now simpler than ever because the one thing that actually took some experience to overcome was avoiding conflicts / incompatible parts and now even that's gone with "pc part picker"

give it a day and you'll be on top of the whole thing

Yes when it comes to how they handle threading you are right but there is far more to it than just that.

Intel only updates their architecture and never really tries to innovate like AMD does.
Just look at how Intel steals the innovations of AMD, they stole hypertransport, having cores communicate directly with each other, cool and quiet, and much more.

>Not to mention Intel had to rig benchmarks to beat AMD during the Athlon era because they were still basing their processors on Pentium 2 architecture and lacked many things AMD did.

>computer engineer here

cringe

might be the time to upgrade my core2duo 4gb ddr2 system

This is bait...

yes but the difference in price is like $70 isn't it? who cares about AMD dude

Do it, it's gonna be a great year for Computer (gaming). Below 1000 dollar/euro you can have a beast.

>cringe
>Sup Forums
you know where you are right? also this is a meme by now

Intel is better, but if you're only using your computer for gaming get a cheaper AMD and an nVidia.

The benefits of Intel are only really seen when it comes to multimedia creation.

When they finally got plug n play working properly and settled on fewer standards it became incredibly easy to assemble computers. You had it easy when you started.

My first assembled unit using the early standards would be a cyrix based 386 sx 16 mhz unit with 1mb ram a 40 mb ide hard drive because SCSI was too expensive. Started with a 2400 baud modem and picked up an 8 bit ISA mono sound blaster card some years afterwards.

Don't listen to this guy, do not get Bronze.

Get Gold.

what's wrong with bronze?

I got the RX480 last year. I don't regret it yet. I can actually play my shit with high enough fps for under $200 dollars.

im aiming more at the 500 dollar/euro i just hope their lower end offerings wont be completely useless because at the moment i cant build shit that woude feel like it was worth it

Intel doesn't need to really innovate. Maybe once AMD actually catches up to them and becomes competition they will.

But right now AMD isn't really a threat, or competition to anyone.

Everything and nothing. The design of the PSU matters more than the minor differences in efficiency certification (assuming it really was certified as some just cheat it).

I recently purchased a i7 6700k. It's amazing and works well for what I do. I know what people are saying about Ryzen. It's being hyped to hell and back, but I don't know, I just can't trust AMD. I just can't. I hope they prove me wrong, but Intel has been giving me consistent performance over and over again. I even have an old i7 2600k (6 years old), that works just like new.

I had this exact board. Get an Asus ROG board, much better.

>catches
>not caches

>AMD has the laptop, consoles and half the pc markets in its pocket

>isn't really a threat

topkek

Shitier capacitors. And that matters, if anything else goes on the PSU, it will either shut down your computer, or just start making loud noises. If the capacitors fuck up it can start proving more power to your parts.

Had a bronze go on one of my old computers, and it took out my MB and graphics card with it. Spend the extra, get a little more protection.

The plural of Catch is Catches. Unless you're trying to make a bad cache joke.

Performance tests are out there galore from 3rd parties. At this point the FX series was already shown as being weaker than Intel due to the disappointing single thread performance.

AMD fixed the single threaded performance issue and finally PROPERLY did the multi-threading side of things. The engineer they brought on to lead the design of Ryzen has a very good track record and is very well regarded.

Spend 20 seconds with google to confirm.

pretty sure you can build a nice medium rig user.

I'm more of an Intel/NVIDIA guy, but it looks like a pretty respectable build.

Have fun!

lol.

Intel controls 99% of the CPU market share.
nVidia controls 82% of the GPU (non discreet) market share.

AMD has all the markets that make fuck all for proffit. Consoles and Laptops.

Like I said, not a threat or competition to anyone.

What's more important is who the real manufacturer is, not just who's brand it's sold under. Seasonic makes quality PSUs.

There are many bronze units out there that rock the proper caps.

I know, I've seen the benchmarks, but I'm talking more about durability, and consistency. I feel as though AMD is always a bit of a gamble, whereas Intel is the safer purchase.