What's the general consensus on Death Grips?

What's the general consensus on Death Grips?

Retarded

good, but also kind of bad sometimes

dad version of xxxtentacion

Same sound as XXTentacion with better mixing and lyrics that are less intelligible but also less retarded

They're just retarded

LOL @ DG getting the same treatment as Tame Impala

Sup Forums has a boner for them for 2 or 3 years and then it becomes cool to call them shit because god forbid you still like them

a conceptual art exhibition anchored by sound and vision, i.e. meme band acquires retard following with edgy stunts like skipping shows, ARGs, and using a penis as their album cover

if by 'dad version' you mean better produced, more abstract, experimental, and with more self awareness than its counterpart, then sure.

i-i actually like Death Grips

>Same sound as XXTentacion
You just got no clue do you mate

meme music for babbys but actually pretty good

Stefon a cute!!!

Great stuff

I hate people who listen to Death Grips ironically or any other artist ironically you either like the music or you don't. I like Death Grips

Nobody is sat there actually listening to it ironically what are you on about

really the only thing i dislike about death grips is the normies who listen to them because "haha they're a meme because they're loud and weird". And then all the contrarians on this board who hate them because "haha they're a meme because they're loud and weird". So I guess it's just people I dislike and not death grips. All in all, one of the best current bands and one of the few that is making a significant mark in boundary pushing.

I think he's referring to people listening to death grips because they are weird and it make you looks like a music connoisseur even if you're a total normie

Ah in that case I can see a few people doing that

theres at least a thread everyday dedicated to hating them so i guess thats the cool opinion atm

MEME

this

I guess I'm some what new on /mu yet I think it's shaped my taste a lot more patrician already. But from what I've seen, a lot of the pretentious fags say "fucking hipster normie bs trash ass fuck" yet at the same time I see NOTM alllllll the time in intimidating charts. I also see a lot in more serious threads like this, it kind of filters out the hipsters and pretentious fags and leaves a population of people who truly love their antics, music, sole purpose and shit. What I'd conclude is that now that now we have albums like GP and NOTM, they're kind of out of the hipster stage people talk about (aka they're proving that the are really doing incredible stuff [which I also think a lot of that credit goes to Zach])

They suck very large donkey balls.

They are literally shit-tier and anyone who likes them is a fucking pleb.

I have to admit...they are pretty goddamned awful.

...WHAT. I think I could actually see more comparisons with Metallica than xxxtencock

"music" for autists.

jeez, Sup Forums really turned on them

At what age did you grow out of dg?

everybody on /mu is literally the stereotype of a hipster. They can't think so they assert their opinion is the opposite of what's popular...but they all listen to death Grips still lol

7yrd old

nope. Its the fact that I can think that leads me to the realization and understanding that dg are a truly horrible musical experience.

It's no longer fun to meme about them, much like AnCo

Nothing really new

I like their music. It kind of triggers me that Sup Forums as a whole pretty much dislikes them by this point. I can understand a few people saying "le def grapes suk LOL" ,but ,with this many people saying they don't like their music i'm almost 99% sure it was a tripfag that started the "Death Grips is bad" meme.
No matter how much Sup Forums pretends to hate tripfags they'll still eat up anything said by someone with a name and a tripcode.

it just isn't right

enlightened by your own intelligence i see

The overwhelming majority think they're utter nonsense, but I enjoy them

they suck.

first 2.5 albums good, rest dogshit

I really tried to like them. I thought I was all edgy and shit...but then I realized they are just horseshit masquerading as music.

I credit them with transitioning me out of my "rap isn't real music" phase. I appreciate them for broadening my taste.

BP is their best

I kept hearing about them from my cousin who is in middle school. He said he and all his friends were really into them.

He played them for me...and I just laughed.

this is the only post in this thread that's contributing to the discussion

Kinda hard to get into like Xiu Xiu
The Money Store and ExMilitary are worth it
not the rest

I was never really a fan of dg, i don't think they're bad tho. i'm just very rarely in the mood for kinda angry music.

I remember when almost everybody on Sup Forums loved them and i miss this time desu
I wonder if the reason is people on Sup Forums actually changed their music taste or that there is so much new people and the old Sup Forums taste just got irrelevant

Strong 7

do you think he has the BBC?

they're basically very good but we overdiscussed them for like 3 years and now there's no point

yes, all their albums are pretty good and a few of them are elder god tier. yes, NOTM is the best. We know. Next topic.

my general consensus is that if you listen to death grips then you most likely don't have a brain

Although people shit on them most still like one of their pre-Bottomless Pit albums, you can see this in plenty of discussions. However it is easier to shit on them now because they put out Bottomless Pit which was a step down from everything they put out before.

band that does a lot of cool shit with industrial sound but sometimes make shit that just isn't that fun to listen to
overall good af w some weak spots

Why have the memes declined with each album? Exmilitary had by far the most memes of any of their albums, and each album has fewer memorable meme lyrics than the one before it.

this so much, jfc

this

the modern analogue of nu-metal