American Gods

youtube.com/watch?v=y8h9-hYacP0&ab_channel=EPSCAPE
This looks like it could be the series of the year tbqhf.
Also perfect casting.

Other urls found in this thread:

americangods.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_Moon
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oh cool. I only read this a few months back.

>STARZ
I don't remember a single good series from this channel except for Spartacus.
It looks decent though

Magic City was ok but season 2 went to shit.

I still like Black Sails

Al Swearengen
Nick Sobotka
John Abruzzi

I'm in

Mr. Wednesday gonna be pretty good.

I liked the Nirvana song.

Hyped!

They had me at Ian McShane.

Stormare is in this? Sign me the fuck in

I have high hopes for it, which probably means I'm setting myself up for a big disappointment.

>Neil Gaiman
sign me up.
hes famous in comics and stuff right?

>hes famous in comics and stuff right?

Sounds like you don't know fuck all about him, so why even go SIGN ME UP?

>black man
>white wife

when will the jews stop

You are in for a nice surprise if you watch the series.

Sup Forums in one image

coz hes like amazing in the comics world right? he did that sandman comic that won awards and stuff. and hes like not the typical hero comics kinda stuff. so its gonna actually be a good watch and not capeshit.

Literally straight from the book.

That's really flawed reasoning

>American Gods is a Hugo and Nebula Award-winning[1] novel by Neil Gaiman.
>Gaiman's family is of Polish-Jewish and other Eastern European-Jewish origins

every fucking time

i know right? i cant wait for it come out

Ash vs Evil Dead

Why is Sup Forums always fucking right? It's not even funny any more.

I know that the song is Where Did You Sleep Last Night but which version is it specifically?

Keep in mind that Shadow is a cuck and his wife died sucking his best friend's cock.

Well yes all race traitor women are scum, she still married a nigger.

>always

lel a broken clock is right twice a day

I don't know dude when ever there is an issue with mass immigration or something to do with race mixing it always seems like a jew behind it.

Great same color palette,slow motion and high contrast that we've seen in Hannibal but the protagonist is another fucking nigger

DROPPED

Pls elaborate. I don't mind spoilers.

There is not much to elaborate.
>nigger goes to prison
>his wife cucks him while he is away
>she dies in car crash
>he gets out of prison

While he was in jail she was cheating on him with his best bud. They went home together after a party celebrating Shadow getting out of prison soon and while he is driving her home, she sucks his dick in the car. They get into a crash and she literally dies with another guy's dick in her mouth. She comes back as a crazy stalker zombie after Shadow threw a magical coin into her grave.

It's been about two years since I last read it so I might have some parts mixed up.

All I remember from the book was that it would have worked better as a series of short stories as the overall plot was kinda dumb

Looks really good.

wtf I love black people now

I like brian fuller and I like ian mcshane so I'm on board

Neil Gaiman is a shitty writer. His prose is bad. He's like a 13 year old trying to imitate Gene Wolfe except he's a grown man and people take him seriously.

Ìt's leadbelly

Ayy thanks senpaitachi.

>your wife died niggerly hours in this morning

Wow.

It's a folk song

Lead Belly's version is still the best. And Tiny Tim's.

I guess if they've shown blood there will be no problem with carnivorous vagina.

Can't sink the Linc

What was the version used in the trailer specifically?

No idea, I've been looking for it the whole morning. It's probably a new one.

Fuck you and your bad taste

It's better than that

>she dies in a car crash
>because she was giving the driver head
>she died with a bulls cock in her mouth

also
>ian mcshane is Odin
>Shadow is Odin's son
>Shadow kills Odin at the end

>>Shadow kills Odin at the end

Well, not really.

It's been a while since I read it, I can't really remember the ending. I should have put the part about him being on the tree or something

ok but what part makes him a cuck again?

was he sitting in prison jacking off to how hot it was or are you an retarded?

is that ramos at 50 secs?

>nirvana

Let's not forget how him going to prison was ALL HIS WIFE'S FAULT

>Shadow is a Nigger

WHY THEY HAD TO RUINED THIS WHAT THE FUCK THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE BRILLIANT COME THE FUCK ON I LOVE GAIMAN FULLER STORMARE AND MCSHANE WHAT THE HELL REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

post yfw they're gonna make morpheus a nigger too

But he's like that in the book

>Shadow Moon

why does he sound like a sanic OC donut steel

Shut the fuck up Sup Forums needs to go back

both couples look happy, i don't see the problem here

> Mr. Anansi is that 7 up yours guy

I guess I'll watch it, I just dont like that guy

>no one is excited for based Crispin

His books are overrated desu. They all go on longer than they should have, American gods is a prime example

Black Sails was great, until they killed Charles Vane. Although Max and Eleanor always annoyed the living shit out of me.

she probably died of aids

Shadow was also cucking her though while he was in prison. He was getting prime boy pussy. Gay for the stay, my nigga

>Ian
>Crispin Glover
>Peter Stormare

This cast is excellent. Also glad to see Bryan Fuller as an executive producer. I've got high hopes.

>Sup Forumsfags crying before they even know what they're talking about
you cucklords are in for a surprise

>forced racemixing

Americans drink pee

>implying you need to force white women

Black Americans also drink pee

Honestly, I didn't like the book that much. The idea was kind of neat, but it never goes anywhere really.

I mean, the book is stuck between the idea that what we see is actually happening and matters, but it's also metaphorical. You see Thor dying, so does it mean that at that moment everybody in the world (or in America) stopped giving a shit about him? But he doesn't actually die, he's just declared "dead" and the Egyptian gods start performing that ritual where they remove his organs while he's still talking and everything. What is that meant to represent? And what does it matter?

In the end it feels like a rather standard and rambling story with this extremely thin and inconsequential layer of mystery. The gods in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy were more coherent and relevant to the plot than the ones in American Gods.

He's dark-skinned in the book.

>but it never goes anywhere really.

I stopped reading it after 100 or so pages because that's what it felt like. Thank you for assuring me that I've abandoned the book for the right reason.

I did not hate the book, but the ending did feel kind of lame. And the chapters about the frozen lake village dragged on for way too long.

When will this whole bad meme authors getting tv adaptations of their shit books gonna end?

Not arguing that American Gods is shit but compared to his other works it's preddy good

>What day is it?
>Wednesday
>Today is my day
So he's Odin?

Party Down

>cool Ian McShane
>interracial
>well im out

you know he is

why does interracial stuff and Shadow's ethnicity trigger some of you so much? oh wait, you're like 12 and have yet to mature into adulthood, right?

>Shadow is black
What?!
He looks decent though.

>taking Sup Forums comments as serious representations of what people think

Read it too. Understand what was going on. I don't know why I can't into reading comprehension. Hope this series helps contextualize what I read.

>shadow moon
ayyyy

you're right. i forget where i am sometimes. this place really is a haven for scum and villainy.

For some reason I thought this was going to be HBO. Fugg

Thank Odin is not.

Bland cinematography and main actor it seems.

americangods.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_Moon
>Various characters question Shadow's race, the ambiguity of which contributes to a later revelation. Gaiman has confirmed that Shadow's mother is black.

There's at least a hint about his mother being black or having dark skin in the book, but I don't remember where.

>Bryan Fuller
HYPED

but severe lack of Homolust in the trailer tbqhf

Wednesday was attracted to white, blonde young women so Shadow was confused as why he seduced his dark skinned mother.

There are 2 gay gods in it, don't worry.

>Technical Boy should look like a representation of a Sup Forums's user: fat, wearing a fedora and suit, flabby, socially retarded and an obviously kissless virgin.
>is now a skinny /fa/g

I want to see the airplane gods that show up before the battle. Jesus gets mentioned in the book, that would be fun

I always imagined Shadow as 'Dwayne Johnson' ethnic, not full black. Meh, whatever. Hope it's good.

Who's Low Key Lyesmith?

Read the book