Brachiosaurus with gigantic lungs and nostrils the size of a horse walking around normally

>Brachiosaurus with gigantic lungs and nostrils the size of a horse walking around normally
>Isn't suffocating to death due to Earth's modern-day atmosphere not containing enough oxygen

Fucking dropped.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geological_history_of_oxygen
pnas.org/content/96/20/10955.long
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1472-4669.2009.00188.x/abstract;jsessionid=D45D17C22CF7087AF6126B7DC13C430D.f01t02
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0016703713003906
rsbl.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/early/2012/04/12/rsbl.2012.0060.short
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cutaneous_respiration
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Call me crazy but couldn't they manage to get to that size and live with our current atmosphere yet are almost certain to die much sooner with extremely shortened life spans due to the organs compensating and working in overdrive due to the lack of oxygen?

Well, they were genetically engineered... Maybe they gave it more red blood cells.

Saw this again in the theater in 2013 and fuckin wept at the majesty of this scene. I went home and drank as much as I could.

>Not building Jurassic Park at the top of Mount Kosciusko

you're just fucking stupid aren't you? ferreal

Almost 30 years and people still fail to realize that Jurassic Park is filled with giant frog mutants, not dinosaurs.

>There was more oxygen back in Jurassic period

Citation needed

Hammond specifically had more oxygen pumped into the Jurassic Park location. He spared no expense remember.

>spouting facts known about the Brachiosaurus and expecting them to apply to some mutant made in a lab to fit a child's image of a dinosaur

Have you ever taken a high school class?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geological_history_of_oxygen

Jurassic park dinosaurs aren't dinosaurs. Even in the movie they say this, even more so in the book. They're genetically mutated monsters using heavily reptile DNA, not dinosaurs

>i believe everything the big daddy govyment tells me becuz im a gud boy:)
i bet you think the moon is real too dumpass

>geology
>oxygen
Pick one you dropout

They're CGI, you dummy!
They don't breathe.

Yeah. Sorry they held you back a few years.

pnas.org/content/96/20/10955.long

Is the book good?

I heard it's more silence oriented compared to the movie.

The blue whale is the biggest animal to have ever lived and it survives off our air just fine you dumb cunt.

"Since the start of the Cambrian period, atmospheric oxygen concentrations have fluctuated between 15% and 35% of atmospheric volume.[10] The maximum of 35% was reached towards the end of the Carboniferous period (about 300 million years ago), a peak which may have contributed to the large size of insects and amphibians at that time.[9]"

Now get off my dick you fucking whore.

Ahahahahahaha you fucking moron that same study talks about how oxygen has fluctuated between 15 and 35%. But hey, how about reading a study from 2009 instead of 1999, yeah?

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1472-4669.2009.00188.x/abstract;jsessionid=D45D17C22CF7087AF6126B7DC13C430D.f01t02

Jesus christ I didn't realize Sup Forums was this fucking stupid. If you're American, please don't fucking vote. Locally or in the general.

It's good, but extremely different from the movie, the lawyer isn't a cuck, Muldoon (forgot how you spell his name) is still awesome, and Malcolm is pretty much the same character, there is more focus on the kids I think. It's worth it just to see how they are different.

I preferred the movie, but I watched it before reading the book.

The book is different but great. Gennaro (the lawyer) is a boss and he wrestles a raptor and wins.

Michael Crichton is always dry and sciency, but good if you can get into it. Usually the first 100 pages of any of his books are a bit hard to get into, but once the action starts they are pretty good. Still mad they never tried to adapt Prey to the big screen, I loved it.

>Jesus christ I didn't realize Sup Forums was this fucking stupid

Definitely a newfag.

is that a

/thread

This.

>implying oxygen went to hide in the ocean once humans showed up
air is air kid, always has been. you european or somethin?

The book is good. I guess like LOTR there's a lot of changes but they all make the story work better for a movie.

Oh yes, I generally don't mind changes from book to movie, since they are two different media, and I understand that, and personally I think it's interesting to have two different versions of a story.

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0016703713003906

they fucking evolved you cuck read a book some time and not the bible shit christfag

This made me laugh. I love this post, I'm not sure why. It's just constructed in a vaguely compelling way.

thats what im saying finally someone spittin fax instead of this bible thumping shitfest of a board is use to. if this was reddit i'd give you gold bro. but fuck that place.

read a fucking proper book sometime holy shit bro get off the hobbit ITS DONE.

Why did they breed it with frogs? Aren't birds closest relatives to dinos? Or is it reptiles? Shit, this fucking biology is too confusing.

no u

What is a whale faggot?

Agreed.

rsbl.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/early/2012/04/12/rsbl.2012.0060.short

SAVAGED

>What is a whale faggot?
How do Blue Whales do it?

They just let their dick out around a female and shoot a giant cloud of sperm and pray it enters her body

Whale's don't need air, they live in the water.

>geneticly modified dinosaurs are not like normal dinosaurs

no way

I have a better Base Chief Flynn image for ya. What a good guy.

Well, they're not actually dinosaurs. They're genetic freaks made to look like what we like to think dinosaurs looked like.
I swear this is a major plot point in the book and movie...

This movie is really starting to show it's age.

hammond spared no expense and ordered alejandro to add frog DNA to the dinosaurs.

pseudointellectuals are cute

>God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates autists.

>the lawyer isn't a cuck
The fuck does this mean? He wasn't in the film, we don't get any ideas about his sexual preferences or life.

You guys really made that term meaningless.

>you look around and see a post

|
|>
|
|

you wonder who could be behind it...

theyre not dinosores, theyre monstrocities made to look like dinosores, they've d&a from loads of things, it's all bullshit anyway

>They evolved like that

Typical atheist's "get out of jail free" card. You do realise that's the equivalent to saying "God did it", right?

Or made their nostrils bigger with a knife

Whether or not they're dinosaurs is irrelevant to the point of this thread. The nostrils on that ANIMAL would be too small to take in the required amount of air to keep it alive. You'd need an atmosphere with twice the oxygen content or more. That's why dinosaurs, plants and insects back then were gigantic in the first place: oxygen makes things bigger.

Water holds it's mass, their bodies work differently

>Talking about the size of nostrils.
You know, many reptiles and amphibians get a lot of their respiration done through their skin. Tortoises even do it through their cloaca.

>Water holds it's mass, their bodies work differently

They still require more air than a Brachiosaurus did AND have to contend with the pressures of the ocean, now shut the fuck up

Why does everyone say this? They are dinosaurs or as close as you can get to them. They used dinosaur DNA and filled gaps with similar DNA. They didn't fucking mutate frogs and make them look like what dinosaurs were supposed to look like.

They aren't dinosaurs, they're frog spliced variants and barely the legit thing.

There are bigger issues with the movie like the presentation of incorrectly named dinosaurs and the blatant video file that is playing when Nedry is supposedly talking to the man at the island docks.

In the book, it was pretty heavily implied that they weren't even really dinosaurs, just genetically engineered monsters that resembled dinosaurs. I think all bets of thinking they would follow dinosaur dna blueprints to the letter were off when they started substituting whole chunks of their dna with who-knows-what are out the window.

>Blue whales are among the loudest animals on the planet. They emit a series of pulses, groans, and moans, and it’s thought that, in good conditions, blue whales can hear each other up to 1,000 miles (1,600 kilometers) away.

Based Blue Whales

Why didn't global warming and 400ppm CO2 kill the dinosaurs?

>The nostrils on that ANIMAL would be too small

>There are bigger issues with the movie
THIS IS SEWIOUS

>Still talking about nostrils.
Not all animals breathe through their nose.

Shit, you get about 1-2% of your respiration done through your skin.

Tortoises even breathe through their ass.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cutaneous_respiration

Did you forget your point?

Whales aren't fish retard.

stop with this meme
they cloned dinosaurs from actual dinosaur dan, and filled gaps in the dna with similar dna.
they were 99% dinosaur and 1% reptile/bird/frog.

Because a worldwide flood did it instead.

It's not pseudo at all.

Dinosaurs were massive because of a more oxygenated atmosphere.

Why did this make me laugh so fucking hard?

There weren't any smog clogged cities on the island

>you get about 1-2% of your respiration done through your skin
Really makes you think

Do you see any feet in them?

What the fuck are you smoking mate

Its Micheal Crichton's best book when he was readable in the 90s and not just putting out screenplays.

DAMN DAT WHALE LOUDER THAN MY KUSH

Is carboniferous the most nope age?

because its all bullshit, the found elephant bones in the ground and put them together in different shapes to make dinosaurus skelletons

>the found elephant bones in the ground and put them together in different shapes to make dinosaurus skelletons
Oh, is that how fossils work?

Just in case you are american, fishs also need O2

Nigga it works different in the water

I'm stealing this post

Fucking dying here

But super massive volcanos on Russia farting massive amounts of CO2 on the atmosphere did though