Is this the best movie since Inception??

is this the best movie since Inception??

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/ZgIcDzj.gif
svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/stockholm/upplopp-i-rinkeby-polisen-skot-varningsskott
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Haven't watched it yet. Heard good things. Kinda wanna see that Wellness movie and JW2, too.

i just watch it and it's like inception but with aliens

Jeremy Renner good actor am i right

the plot holes ruined it for me
>a woman knows her daughter will get cancer
>simply accepts it instead of keeping her checked every now and then so they can catch it early

That's not a plot hole, it's accepting the future as she sees it and protecting the knowledge she has gained from the alien language

This was the dumbest movie I've ever seen. the whole daughter subplot had so many holes it was stupid. What could they possibly need from humans in 3000 years?

how is that protecting, she told her husband that their daughter will die from cancer early there goes your protection out the window. Also the movie implies that you can gain knowledge of the future by gaining a different perception on time with the alien language, sure your perception might be different but you wont be able to see something that hasn't happened .

no. pic related.
name a film without plot holes and i'll point out the plot holes.

Just watched on Friday, pretty good. Got drunk so I don't remember the ending all that well. Going to watch again this week. I like Amy Adams, she's cute.

just watched it on yify, not sure why it's so praised. Too much on the emotional end of the story.

Not enough of it just explained, we're just spos to think it's cool when she does that thing to solve the problem.

So I'm like neat, but what else.. and all they have is the emotional shit. The emotional shit didn't grab me, so I was left with nothing.

TO kill a mocking bird
>Go Faggot

I kept on comparing this to Slaughterhouse 5, despite the drastic difference in tone.
On topic, I certainly hope it's the best sci-fi movie since Inception. The presentation makes the moral and intellectual conflicts incredibly poignant.

Cap Civil War had no plot holes. It's probably the best movie ever made.

it's actually a shit movie. You can easily see it coming. Aliens actually have little bearing on the story, and it's all a wrapper for a twist that lied to you (she had flashes of the future before she learned to read the language)

This movie is a boring overhyped turd. It should have flopped by now but dumbasses and shills keep talking about it...

It's Slaughterhouse Five...

I watched five minutes of it, got bored, the deleted it.

i.imgur.com/ZgIcDzj.gif

SPREAD THIS GIF LIKE A SWEDISH IMIGRANT'S MOLOTOV COCKTAIL

svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/stockholm/upplopp-i-rinkeby-polisen-skot-varningsskott

You shut your whore mouth. Avengers was the best movie ever made in the comic genre... although it did have a couple of teensy holes in it.

That movie is pure shit and only progressive retards can't see past the marysue bullshit. Btw, if you're smart, you realize they give away the twist in the very first scene. I give it 2/10 for innovative alien concepts.

>best movie since Inception
>implying Inception was a good movie
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

go to bed kid

3 day weekend is over, it's a school night

I do agree on the time thing
Her visions included that she told her husband of the cancer which she knew would have to happen if she wanted to protect her perception of time from the language

Aka a feminist propaganda flick wrapped up in alien shit.

Everything marvel is shit. Especially now in the pc era.

INCEPTION not just was a good movie, it WAS THE BEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME,

Inception was so overrated. OMG, the sets rotate. 2001 did that shit and did it better. The dream within a dream, etc is fucking trite.

That's what your 25 year old film teacher told you huh?

IF YOU ARE SMART ENOUGH YOU WOULD CONSIDER INCEPTION THE BEST MOVIE OF HUMAN HISTORY

It's pretty good. I generally dislike scifi that deals with 'time travel' as a rule but it was well done a pretty original.

The only real issues I had with it is it has 0% rewatchability and the ending was a bit forced/messy.

not sure what's so funny. it was nominated for best picture, 86% on RT and 8.8 on IMDB.

Do you have some other criteria for what makes a good film?

fuck no, too much emo shit with the dead daughter.

>No plot holes
I don't know how much weight CinemaSins has on film criticism, but the installment about this movie brought up a damn good point about Zemo. How the fuck would he know how to set this conflict up exactly as it was?

Concept was awesome, effects were dope, but Nolan nolanded the story too much. He wanted it all to be like a piece of music but forgot it was a movie.

There is no time travel. It's basically a premonition. Stupid as fuck.

The Charlie Sheen Arrival movie was better,

I didn't really understand inception. It was really a rather dumb movie, irregardless

Did you even watch the movie?

The point was that she sacrificed her daughter to give the language to the world you moron. If her daughter didn't die then none of it would have happened. Kind of like with the phone call?

That we never even get a chance to give a fuck about the actual character. It's just "here, this bitch has a dead daughter, now give a fuck."

I honestly don't know why people think it's good.

Exactly what I said.

Inception was okay but I fucking love turducken.

>The point was that she sacrificed her daughter to give the language to the world

Whys that? Everything with the daughter happened after the alien arrival... after she meets mr science man...

Dumb.

she didnt sacrifice shit, you implying that everyone asked her to make a prediction and she said "my daughter will day of cancer" and then everyone told her "ok shhhh, dont tell her we should find out if its true.". From what i understand she basically chose to have the daughter even though it would end badly because of what she told the scientist "if you knew how your life would turn out would you change anything" . She just decided not to do anything about it and the movie never went deep into why she didnt do shit, thats your speculation.

I don't get who this movie was for. There are so many cuts to the daughter scenes you have to get suspicious that it's not actually flashbacks.

Why didn't the aliens just order some Rosetta stone CDs for english before arriving?

i think this is a troll post, so i'll say "lol"

yes, i think for a film to be good it has to not suck

the opinions of tryhard hipsters who suck Christopher Nolan's dick no matter what he does mean nothing to me

Inception was nonsense

i still have that on dvd, might just pop it in tonight.

Why would any sane human sacrifice their child for something undefined, that may not even effect Earth at all, that happens in 3000 years? No one would. Even your great-great grandchildren would be dead by them.

YOUR IQ IS BELOW 50 GO WATCH SPIDERMAN AND AVENGERS YOU PHAGGET

Because of the mepic sacrifice and feels and moviebux

But...

MARVEL VS CAPCOM IS BACK

HOW IS THAT SHIT

Like, sure it will likely feature censored Chun-Li and Csmmy but..

ITS MAHVEL BAYBEE

False. Time is not linear. While there is not 'travel' your knowledge of past or future events would allow you to alter them from a linear perspective. You're not thinking 4th dimensionally.

There is no need to "travel" in time, only to "be aware" of an event in time if time is non-linear. If you are aware of a moment in non-linear time then you would be able to alter it (presumably, if you had ANY free will that is) by making a decision.

That is why she still let her child die. The act of knowing that time is non-linear meant that she could undo the death. But it would have consequences. Learning the language makes you Doctor Who.

Christopher Nolan is a fucking Master film maker. His Batman movies for instance, blow away every Marvel movie ever made.

One of the first things Ian says to Louise is "Language is the first weapon drawn in a conflict".

Alien says "use weapon"

dumbasses can't figure it out

>You're not thinking 4th dimensionally

jesus christ.

The sad thing is that this disjointed nonsense is more coherent than most /sci/ threads on relativity.

Nope

MARVEL MOVIES ARE SHIT COMPARE TO NOLAN MASTER PIECE

lol wow

ok, thanks for stating the obvious

that doesn't mean he is absolutely infalible

yes, Inception was an absolute masterpiece

yes, Memento was his magnum opus

does that mean he can't make a mediocre movie, which leans heavily on science fiction, and then fails to deliver?

no, it doesn't

People actually liked Inception? I thought that was just a meme.

The phone call totally ruined the movie. It's ok to affect the future there but not with her daughter.

Abbott is in death process

i gave it a meh. just good enough for me not to dislike it

Uh...fucking duh...that is the whole point of the entire movie asshat.

The literal INSTANT that she learns the language she becomes Doctor Who. It is demonstrated with the Chinese Ambassador and the phone call.

If time is non-linear then all you would have to do is make the decision to change something and it would happen instantly and all the changes would cascade across your life. You would also instantaneously be aware of all the ramifications of doing so.

If her daughter did not die, her husband and her would have not split, she would not have taught, she would not have been picked, he would not have been picked, they would not have met the aliens, no language decoding, no dr who powers, daughter dead. Paradox.

The daughter's death is a "fixed point in time" if you will.

I thought it was a shit movie.

It's not undefined. She sacrificed her child for the knowledge of the language....

Am I the only one who watched this movie?

Yes.

The aliens coming to us to bargain for our future help is one of my absolute favorite details about this movie.

are you fucking retarded son? are you aware the whole daughter segment was a flashback to the future post-alien events?

Who says it's cancer? All we know for sure is rare disease. The hair might be it, not chemo.

Then shot that to shit when she did something that was completely dependent on her gaining that knowledge to change the future.

Her de der, please kill my kid so I can spek your language. If they can travel the stars, they can learn english. Leaning a language does not change they way a person thinks.

Also you're assuming choice exists even if you know the future. It may not work like that.

I've seen a lot of movies. It's above average for creativity. I still think it's trite because of personal experience. Also, you left your caps lock on.

Clearly this movie has a mental age limit.

"Your iq must be this high to enjoy this ride."

Fucking stupid movie.Cunt aliens travel across the fucking universe and don't even bother to learn english. Fuck those lazy 5 legged freaks.

Guys??? The daughter she has *after* the arrival. I know it must be hard to admit, but it changes nothing about her powers.

She didn't have "flashblacks" or memories, she fucking traversed time to be in those moments. She went forward in the future as she discovered more about the language.

This might be hard to admit, but everything still would have happened sans daughter. That was just some emotional bullshit to make sure the movie had all the typical nonsense movies need .

>"Your iq must be this low to enjoy this ride."
Fixed that for you.

How could you not understand it? The whole thing was spelled out the whole time. It's a dream within a dream within a dream... Each dream level makes time go slower until you can stay in a dream for a long time.

>language let's you see future
>write a book so everyone can learn
>now everyone can see into the future

Explain yourselves

Time is a dimension. We are 4 dimensional beings, with freedom of movement in 3 dimensions moving along a cross section of the time dimension. The aliens are 5 dimensional, with freedom of movement across at least 4 dimensions.
If you visited a 3 dimensional being who lived his life in his 2d world, say a piece of paper, a cross section of you would suddenly appear in front of him without seeming to come from anywhere. You could do this at will, enter his world far from his view and move towards him for example, and then disappear right in front of his eyes. He'd never know he saw a cross section, because his mind can't picture what you really look like.
I think this is what the aliens did. They simply moved along a different dimension so their visible presence here vanished. We saw a 3d ship that seemed to defy physics just by sitting there. But really it was a cross section of something beyond what our minds can imagine. Like they dipped their fingers into our plane of existence and we spent all that time talking to a cross section of their finger.
The window into their section of the ship alludes to this too. You see only the legs and you think that's the whole guy. Only later does Louise see the rest of them when she goes in there and starts to see from their point of view.
Edit: Rewatching it last night I realized: The entrance hallway into their ship simply has a turn in it. But that turn is not in a dimension that we can see. Gravity is the result of mass curving space-time, and that curve is something the aliens are able to do at will as simply as we're able to build a hallway that makes a right turn.

it was cancer idiot, she was bald right before she died what other disease leads to balding through the treatment?
she was clearly able to change the future by whipping the Chinese generals private cellphone up her ass and calling him speaking mandarin
if what you are saying is that no matter what she does everything would have happaned the way it did then how the fuck did she even contact the general? if gaining the knowledge of the future doesnt enable you to change it WHY WOULD THE ALIENS GO TO EARTH IN THE FIRST PLACE?

Thank you for proving my point with that shit tier come back.

inception was shit. everybody talks about how deep and intellectual it was, but i went to that with my friends girlfriend strung out on heroin and nodded off from about 40 minutes in until half an hour from the end and i was able to figure out exactly what was happening. after the movie she kept talking about how blown her mind was and that she didnt know what to believe anymore and i fucked her raw dog. 2 weeks later i told my friend because im a trash person. this movie and donnie fucking darko

Well...it is...

Non-linear time is a 4th dimensional spacial object.

Imagine a piece of paper. Then you drag that piece of paper through space into a solid block of paper. Now drag that solid block of paper through space across time into a solid 4th dimensional, physical object. You basically have a trail of cubes (only an infinite number of them).

If you want to see this object, you would have to project it back into three dimensional space (so you get a 3D cube worm thing representative of it's movement over time) then project that object onto a plane so that you can actually see it with your eyes (so you get a flat, weird blobby mess of the side of the cube worm which is what you can see with your crummy human eye balls).

So, if you wanted knew that the cube was going to crash, you could just move one 3D cube somewhere else in 4D space and that would fix the problem. But then that would have the cascading effect on the rest of the 3D cubeworm over 'linear time'.

This is basically what happens. You move a cube, you make the 4D cube into a 4D parallelogram. Get it? Only timey-wimey.

>fucked her raw dog
Did you at least heat it up first?

lol exactly
"hurr durr i'm smart b cuz i interprit a gud moobie betar dan u xD xD xD"

god this generation is fucking garbage

Guess he's the only one that does.

>how the fuck did she even contact the general?

The same way Bran learns how to time travel in game of thrones, he gets stronger as he learns more. When she has the moment with the general to acquire his private number, she's still learning. For the same reasons, she's randomly jumping around in her daughter's timeline. It's just a matter of fucking chance dude.

The aliens traverse all dimensions, they came to the timeline that gets the fucking chance right.

>double-double
oh, i heated it up pretty well

Yea because hair loss isn't a symptom of any diseases. Moron.

And she fulfilled the future as revealed in her visions. She never changed anything.

Learn to think.

Only if you're a casual movie goer. It's a very good movie (much better than Inception) though.

THERE IS NO AFTER.
THERE IS NO BEFORE.
THERE IS NO NOW.

ONCE SHE LEARNS THE LANGUAGE, TIME IS NOT LINEAR. EVERYTHING HAPPENS AT THE SAME TIME.

If you do not grasp this fucking concept then you literally do NOT get the movie at ALL. Either watch it again or just kill yourself because you're too stupid to understand it.

you can gain knowledge of the future by gaining a different perception on time with the alien language

It might be hard to admit, but it's just a gay fucking movie that you take so seriously that you actually fuck up the explanation.

Then kill yourself old loser fuck if you're so tired of it all :)

>Yea because hair loss isn't a symptom of any diseases. Moron.

Hey guys, the disease is insignificant. In the book the daughter dies from a rock climbing incident.

Phone call to the General still doesnt make sense. You cant be stoic about your daughter but still mandarin up to change the future.