So...It's 2017... Are USfags still measuring weight in melons...

So...It's 2017... Are USfags still measuring weight in melons, distances in bananas and temperature in chili peppers or have they already noticed that the metric system is the superior, logical way to go?

Also check'em

This thread and anything like it are bait, if you faggots want to know whats ruining Sup Forums this would be it.

No, we haven't. This is why.

Ironic, since guns are metric.

you're right OP, its a feeble system

This thread again? lol

We are taught both metric and imperial systems in school. So what?

>tfw these threads existed b4 you heard about 4chin
Stop acting like an oldfag, newfag

Sometimes I wonder how this weird-ass system originated, but then I find myself too lazy to read wikipedia

When I have to learn both because I'm Canadian and the states keeps electing monkeys to run 300 million dumbasses. You're welcome I let 59 million of you not be dumbasses

depends on the firearm, 45 cal vs 9mm. 7.62 vs 308

Well, they musn't do it too well when people are asking all the time here how many inches a cm measure is.

Also, you do realise the international standard is the metric system, and hence how the brightest minds in the US also work with it...? Which means the imperial system is basically a tool for the rest of the people to stay dumb and dettached from the rest of the world

>we will chance we we feel like it

Metric is far superior for scientific use, but imperial is better day to day.

Try to guess how long 76cm is with your hands. Now try to guess 16in. The brain can only handle incremental measurements in smaller numbers. Plus most imperial units are based on something common, for example I can estimate a distance in feet by pacing it off.

Celsius is stupid to use daily.
0°C = hmm kinda cold
100°C = dead

0°F = wow it's cold
100°F = wow it's hot
Fahrenheit better represents the range of temperatures that people experience on a daily basis

Month/day/year works far better for indexing. If you are looking for a document from a certain date, you are much more likely to remember what month it was from rather than the day.

>Yes I'm taking this bait so hard

Try harder faggot

Imperial measurments are for braindead morons

Fahrenheit was originally designed based off human body temp. 100 was suppose to normal temp. it turns out they fucked up and it was 98 instead 100 on that scale. Feet is base 12 so dividable by whole numbers

Imperial measurements are awful

>0-2017
So you set dates based on how you set dates, instead of giving it a logical order based on time measure. That's what you mean?

No that's not what he meant
What he meant was he is a huge faggot

I think you're baiting yourself.

>Try to guess how long 76cm is with your hands.

No prob.

>The brain can only handle incremental measurements in smaller numbers.

Why? Americans cant count past 10?
I can imagine something with a length of 789 cm without problems.

>Celsius is stupid to use daily.
>0°C = hmm kinda cold
>100°C = dead

Its based on science, 99,9% of the world doesnt think its stupid.

>0°F = wow it's cold
>100°F = wow it's hot
>Fahrenheit better represents the range of temperatures that people experience on a daily basis

Fahrenheit represents FEELINGS. It feels cold, it feels hot. Feelings.

Im european, for us it looks like americans are measuring in make-believe magical stuff.

>yeah, ill take 5 oonga-boongas of apples, then walk 19 shlambawabmas to home and then warm up my dinner to 6284,16 degrees pleenky-deenky. Ahh, america.

Yeah.

Jews have 9 candles tho.

>Feet is base 12 so dividable by whole numbers

if you're just using imperial some units work okay and they do well with fractions, but the problem is to get anywhere with them you still end up using the decimal system i.e., thousands of an inch (thou) is a common unit

the real problem comes when you want to convert units, you suddenly have to memorise conversion tables and ratios and be able to do the maths quickly in your head

Are you retarded?

76cm is easy as hell to estimate with your hands, even a downsy kidd can do it.

Celsius is used BECAUSE it's so easy to use daily.
0 C = water freezes. I can see that it's 0 or below outside by looking at any puddle.
100 C = water boils. When do you throw the pasta in the pot? When the water boils.
Wow it's hot? No you stupid fuck, we wouldn't be able to live here if the temperature ever went up to 100 C. The temp for most civilised countries never goes above 45 C. Wow it's hot applies to 37 C and up because that's when it's warmer outside the body than inside.
Fahrenheit is for the retarded monkeys stuck in African grade development.

No, month/day/year works terrible for indexing, just like day/month/year. if you want to index you go with year-month-day, which everyone does. You would know this had you ever held a job.

Just how do you manage to breathe on your own with this level of retardation?

So it's made for the dumb and lazy

>implying all feet are equally long

You mean it's useful day to day because you can just be really inaccurate and don't give a fuck?

Also your justification of farenheit is hilarious and arbitrary, in the same line.

0º Celsius - chilly/cold

15º C - cool avg. temp that made life possible on earth

25º C - great, a bit hot

35ºC - fucking hot

45ºC extremely hot- Old people start to die

Holly god why you amuricans can't afford logical things?

Also, why won't you americunts use normal fucking A4 paper? Instead you use "letter-size" or whatever you call it which has a retarded size. A4, or ISO A as it's called actually has some logic to it's size.

not to mention to perform arithmetic operations on measurements

My question is why does it matter what americans use to non americans? Also, y u so mad?

It matters because I work with aircrafts and most of the paperwork like certificates and shit comes from usa. Then you end up having some papers with the standare A4 size and some papers with retard size... and there's a whole lot of paperwork involved with commercial aircrafts.

This is me:

You are confusing being mad with laughter.

>its not cancer if the cancer aged
lel

>So you set dates based on how you set dates
>shitposting this hard

Its "un-American" and "Communist!" to use the metric system

Opie, euro-dates are just as retarded as American dates, maybe more so.
Check out the actual international standard: ISO-8601 (yyyy-mm-dd).
Speaking of international standards, Celsius is NOT the official METRIC, SI standard, Kelvin is.
Also, why would I ever need a 0-100 scale that varies between freezing and boiling?
I can't set my refrigerator to boiling, and I can't set my stove to freezing.
I'll never use both temperatures in the same context.
On the other hand, the weather where I live (where a LOT of people live), varies between about 0 and 100 Fahrenheit.

>2017
>not being able to use both
>plebs

>We are taught both metric and imperial systems in school. So what?
>the imperial system is basically a tool for the rest of the people to stay dumb and dettached from the rest of the world

Almost every country on Earth (including America) uses a mix of metric and local traditional units of some kind.
Ask a Britbong what they weigh and you'll have to ask google what the fuck a "stone" weighs.

You would know

hahahaha i actually rotfled at that comparison
check this shit out wtf is this

everyone else is shitting on you but I wanted a go

>Try to guess how long 76cm is with your hands.

a guess would be my armpit to my outstretched hand, I measured to verify and it's very close, alternatively/cheating would have been my leg inseam

>Now try to guess 16in.

if you want to be pedantic it's a foot and a half exactly

the problem with using lengths as limbs for imperial units is that there's a huge variance between people, genders, and between generations, that said, common body measurements you might know when done in metric will give you solid reference points that can scale up and down easily, good luck converting inches to feet or yards on the fly

and on that note again, a metre is a very common length and I'd be surprised if you couldn't already visualise it, as 1 metre is 39.4 inches/3.2 feet, what's cool about this is you now know 1.5 metres is about 60 inches or about 5 feet and that 25cm is 10 inches (25cm is actually 9.84 inches so there's some margin of error but 1.5 metres is very close to 59 inches which is an inch short of 5 foot)

the same is true for celsius
>Fahrenheit better represents the range of temperatures that people experience on a daily basis

celsius shifts the temperature range into a more convenient and concise scale, what was it you just said?
>The brain can only handle incremental measurements in smaller numbers.

-20 to -10c = very cold-cold
-10 to 0c = cold-cool
0 to 10c = cool-mild
10 to 20c = mild-warm
20 to 30c = warm-hot
30 to 40c = hot-fucking kill me

you should know when it's 0c/32f because shit starts freezing so all you need to memorise is that 10c is exactly 50f, 20c is close to 60f, 30c is 86f and 40c is 104f or literally hell, good job, you now know the rest of the world tells the weather

>Month/day/year works far better for indexing.

month/year works well for indexing, month/day/year fucks up *ANY* xx/xx/yyyy date on the internet since nowhere else in the fucking world uses such a shit system

whats story about that pic ?

btw anything above 20*C air temperature is fucking hot if youre not a tropical nigger

but you shouldn't be sweating at around 20c, 25c is when it becomes very uncomfortable if you're overdressed or have to work outside