The Night Of

alright, I'm already getting excited for the next episode. Episode 3 and/or 4 are usually the ones that kick shit into overdrive, guessing this series will be no exception.

what are your thoughts so far and do you have any theories?

gets addicted to drugs, becomes a cuck, there I ruined it for you

It's really, really overrated. It's ok. Turturro is good, yeah I guess it's interesting to see the process of getting...processed, but it's all pretty standard. The detective being the only real compelling element.

It feels like an 8 hour long episode of law and order

Why do I keep seeing threads about whodunit? It's not that kind of show. It's all about the case/police work.

I bet you're fun at parties

What a dull generalization. Yeah, because i'm criticizing a show you like i'm a real bore of a person. You can choose to state your own opinions too you know.

I actually agree with
I like it, it has potential, but some people are blowing this out of proportion.

woah there pal, dont get upset

see

I think its entertaining. lets see how the rest plays out.

also the whole mess this guy is in, makes one wondering if he manages to get out or if they send him to prison for life.

i don't think this show is going "into overdrive" exactly. i like the pace and i hope they stick with it.

The Night Of's a quality procedural. the problem with tv is that quality procedurals are hard to come by. i mean, anything with Law & Order or CSI in its title is shit and has stained what a good crime story can be.

i think The Night Of has been stellar, yet i can't shake the feeling it's basically the first season of Serial with minor changes. Bill Camp has been amazing in it, though. great sedated performance with a dash of gravitas to boot.

As for theories, i think they're going the Serial route, as i mentioned. I think Naz will be convicted but with the could of reasonable doubt in the air. Maybe he did it, maybe he didn't. The audience will have to decide for themselves. As long as the quality continues and it's entertaining, I'll continue watching.

Yeah, no, it's gonna get crazy.

I'm sorry, did pointing out the fact it's a procedural and not a mystery ruin your day?

It's well acted (except for Naz) but quite frankly it's brought nothing new to the genre, and unless there is some shock twist ending (which based on the UK version, there won't be) I don't understand why it's getting such high praise from critics.

I think there is a pretty good chance he actually did kill her, so cant wait to see how it plays out. Guess hell be in jail for the next few episodes.

the black limo driver at the gas station did it lads

that guy was kinda too specific.

oh come on dude

#imnotracistbut

The virtuous young muslim, and his picture perfect family, caught up in the white man's oppressive system makes for some heady critical catnip.

the bangladesh mom was pretty hot
i'd give her my naan if you know what i mean

First episode was pretty bad, but the second episode was somewhat better, so there's hope.

I thought the cat walking behind Nas' dad in episode one was going to clue us into a bigger mystery, but now I'm not so sure. It seems clear that whoever killed the girl either lived in the building or knew someone in the building. Therefore if they do reveal the killer, it will probably be a character we haven't met yet.

well, that's what the show will explore, mate. are they really virtuous? probably not. is the justice system flawed? obviously. it's okay not to dig it. this story has been done plenty of times before. kafka wrote a novel about it. but it's entertaining enough and even if it wears its themes on its sleeve, the quality production makes it worth the accolades it will undoubtedly receive if it continues in the same vein.

>It's well acted (except for Naz)

His performance has been great, I feel like he's acting exactly like I would in that situation. He's low-key, he doesn't get to monologue and chew scenery like Turturro or the detective, but he's a pretty good audience surrogate so far

yeah great, he can sit around with his mouth agape.

naan is a bread

And those puppy dog eyes :3

well, to each their own, but i'm going to disagree and say the opening episode was very strong. however, i think people watching primarily for the mystery angle will be disappointed. this isn't that kind of show. no doubt we'll here no end of people denouncing the show when/if the killer is revealed.

Is it really that unlikely? Ill atleast keep it as a serious option.

He's already proven himself as a good kid from a good family with no motive. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Of course because of his ethnicity he'll be unfairly targeted.

Ye I dont think he planned it, but maybe he became psychotic or had an extreme reaction from the drugs and alcohol. You never know.

I think there was a bad reaction of with the Molly, alcohol, the inhaler and whatever else he took that made him loco

Uhhhh except we also don't know whodunit.
That's why the series is compelling
We see a character slowly being processed by the conveyor belt of the American Judicial system and we don't even think he did it.

Theories? I wonder who that other black guy was walking with the dick outside her apartment. He gave them a weird fucking look and the other guy told Box he was by himself that night.

>because of his ethnicity he'll be unfairly targeted
Ok look I don't care what your ethnicity is - if people think you viciously stabbed a pretty young girl to death and then you get caught in a police station with a the bloody knife in your fucking pocket you are going to get absolutely buttblasted by the law - Pakistani American or not.