The thing is - I gotta prove in my presentation that selfie sticks are the bad thing and ueseless. At start...

The thing is - I gotta prove in my presentation that selfie sticks are the bad thing and ueseless. At start, i thought thats easy, but i dont really have any arguments. At least 2 or 3. What's your suggestions bros?

bump

bump once more

they use plastic and that's bad apparently

How's High School?

Selfie sticks are useful for making selfies. Unless you prove that selfies are bad, you cannot prove that selfie sticks are.

>Underage b& confirmed.
>Hates something just because it's popular.
>inb4 "I'm conviently a senior in high school and am 18 I swear"

I mean they are dumb. At least the perspn making selfie looks like an idiot by standing with his arm forward.

No i just got this theme and i MUST prove this point. It was teacher's task. Sry bro, you just shit yourself

bumpster

Well good luck with an impossible task, yes they are fucking pathetic, but you can't call them useless. They do exactly what they are supposed to do.

People don't look at scenery anymore.

You could be standing at the top of a hill, with an amazing view, only you're not looking at it. You're looking at your fucking phone while you take a selfie. And the picture isn't even about the view then either. It's about you.

It's put the ego into taking pictures.

I think a couple of people have died because of lightning hitting the stick(at the very least you could say there is a bigger risk), there have been accidents because of morns taking pictures all day, it makes people more anisocial because the no longer have to ask others for a picture, it wastes materials to do a task you can do normally wiht your phone, etc.

They can be used as weapons, your phone can slip and fall down, a seagull can swoop down and steal your phone, lightning can hit them,

If you use a selfie stick, you're a confirmed faggot. If that's not proof enough for you, I don't know what is.

You're trying to prove a point based on your own feelings towards something. That doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing, it just means that you don't like it. You picked a stupid topic to do it on because you wanted to seem like that cool mature guy who thinks it's dumb, only to prove that you're dumb.

Just drop out of high school and do drugs.

>they can be used as weapons

rofl? can u tell me more of this, id like to kill someone with their own selfiestick

They make you look like an oxygen thieving dreg that the world would be better without.

Claim that the obsession with securing photographic evidence of doing something luxurious or fun detracts from the person's ability to actually enjoy the moment or remember the details from a first person perspective.

Second point: the social pressure to get in a recreation photo dick measuring contest is a net negative for society's satisfaction and contentment and life, turning us all into mindless consumers of the tourism industry.

Third point: selfies are a reaction to an addiction to social validation via social media. This addiction is both harmful to an individual's ability to grow emotionally as a person and self-destructive in that it undermine's an individual's ability to experience happiness without external validation.

rofl, watch above you. I told that it was a task given to me. I didnt choose really, cuz like we're now learning bulding up arguments for any topic, so thats why teacher picked this one

just smack them with it like it's a sword.
or insert in anus. you choose

This nigga gets it.

Purchase a selfie stick, take a bunch of photos with and without the stick, highlight that all selfies basically look the same therefore it's unnecessary to waste money on a stick.

Why not go in and make your presentation about how this is stupid? Don't try and prove opinion, instead prove why this was stupid topic.

Still doesn't prove that they are useless

Selfie sticks were made for fat girls with short arms, so they could shoot the picture from way up high so you can't see their fatty 4chins. Therefore, they need to be banned along with the word "fam", kissy face and the peace sign.

Your teacher is a fucking idiot. Selfie sticks are a stupid waste of money imo, but they do have some value in that you can tell who the faggots are. Here's my advice
>open with a question: "selfie sticks are fucking retarded, but are they useless?"
>argue that they're stupid: "1.additional carry weight, 2.rarely used=waste of money, 3.increase chance of dropping phone 4.benefit of slightly better picture vs risk of losing/dropping/ having a nigger steal your phone.
>caveat: argue against yourself/show 1 or 2 things selfie sticks can allow you to do: "1.synthetic gaydar, 2.whack a nigger in his head, 3.wide angle selfies
>crush the caveats in a rebuttal
>posit a derivation of the question to your fellow students and give them a minute to deliberate
>conclude with saying they're stupid, but not entirely useless to stupid people

A+ guaranteed, you're welcome

Just talk about how they're useless for their non intended purposes. Can't open locks with a selfie stick, can't paddle a canoe with a selfie stick, etc. If your teacher is going to give you a dumb prompt she's gunna get a dumb answer. Just make sure you fulfill all the writing requirements and argue the point that the prompt was ill-defined