What's so special about this? it sounds like every other pop-rap album

what's so special about this? it sounds like every other pop-rap album.

he made tpab

better question yet, why is the kerning on this so fucked up

there's clearly too little space between D and A

GIMME SOME GANJA

i don't understand these responses

DON'T JUDGE ME

People assume he's smart because he dicks around in ambiguity land.

Then they actually consider what he's saying and realize he's a pretentious nog.

This album is as lazy as it is publicized. Can you look at that cover and say "Yup, that's a finished product"?

It's another fantastic concept album that is as deep and varied as it's predecessors. He somehow has made the music even more accessible this time in my opinion, perfectly combining storytelling and cunning word play. He's the best rapper of our generation thus far, when it comes to actual talent at least.

>
this ^^^
Also i think the that while the cover art is ugly af, he probably picked it knowing it would be so jarring/disgusting and the effect it would have

Its all the same shit....

interesting

I was at that part of the song... nice

>what's so special about this?

It's from Kendrick Lamar.

>it sounds like every other pop-rap album.

Yes, but it's by Kendrick Lamar.

just another slice of nigger culture being pumped into the mainstream for impressonable, clueless kids

WHAT'S UP WIT THAT?

shit album. i guess kendrick isn't the goat.

Sup Forums is really obsessed with Kendrick.

why does this album get all the prais? 7/10 by the melon. 9/10 by pitchfork. other publications gave it 5/5. this is so weak compared to everything else he ever did. hes just hopping on current trends with this.

7/10 is reasonable for this, the quality of his previous work doesn't come into it. P4K is absolute fucking trash. "Other publication" that gave it a stupidly high rating are pandering because MUH STATEMENT ON RACE.

First few days it was out Sup Forums was dickriding it hard now this threads like a full 180, unless this is real Sup Forums and the release just bought a bunch of reddit tier shills or something.

Anyways yeah this albums not that good, feeling a light to decent 4 trannssition did you love it did you hate it what would you rate it

Because he's only ever put out long and/or complex projects down to the album art

This album is easily and by far his most accessible album to date, with an almost brain dead album art for the sake of accessibility. I've been this dudes fan for 7 year now and this is as distilled as he's gotten. He's (finally) thrown us a bone and given us something on the short side with less skits and and an easy to digest storyline. This is even more of a "curveball" bc it would be like Pink Floyd releasing something about as complex as Thriller for the sake of giving the contrived, long and winding monster albums a break.

>its good because its accessible the post ?
I'd rather he make less accessible music that's better which is what he was on prior to this

>accessibility equals poor quality meme

I mean honestly until he can distill an album down to 8-10 tracks, 35-40 min total length, and combine all sound fonts he's done so far, this is as close as we get to prime Kenny...he's given us long and winding projects over and over, he's just trying to find a fresh take on his message.

Accessibility often does equal poor quality though. Chainsmokers have 4,027,609,823 views on their YT after releasing one album.

Kendrick and topdawgentertainment combined is about 1/4 of that.

burrrn

100% this. It's been bothering me more than it should.

>DA MN .

>for the sake of giving the contrived, long and winding monster albums a break

Where did this idea come from, dude's released two albums that could be construed as such (gkmc and tpab) in his entire career.

It's not like he's been releasing abstruse epics for three decades.

2bh as much as I like Kendrick it feels like a bit of a lazy effort, i don't understand why he felt like he should drop another album as soon as he did. I would have waited for a product with a better realised vision. Though there are a couple of songs on DAMN that are definitely up to par, many of them are forgettable.

Also it's getting tiring reading the faggoty posts his fans make online trying to explain what he 'means'. Dude isn't a terrible lyricist but he isn't the sharpest wordsmith either. A lot of his shit is word-spill that sounds nice but doesn't mean all that much.

because it is

Viper has better covers

YALL COWARDS

DONT EVEN SMOKE CRACK

How tf are his other albums inaccessible? Its pop rap not lowercase free jazz. Just consider that maybe its some catchy songs with lyrics about social issues littered throughout and some trivial references to sound thought provoking to drake/kanye fans

Wassup with that?

(Sold my soul to satan) he says that in the background of that song i think.

Correlation doesn't equal causation.

>it sounds like every other pop-rap album
>therefore, it is every other pop rap album

Be specific, cause you're full of shit.

Word. Nobody would give a fuck about this album if anyone other than Kendrick had released it.

>it sounds like every other pop-rap album.
No it doesn't.
Show me a "pop rap" song that sounds like FEAR. YAH. XXX. FEEL. DUCKSWORTH. DNA. PRIDE. LUST. etc

You're all full of shit, please fuck off my board you fools.

The artist was previously popular and in the news.

If some user had made this *exact* same album it would still have 50 listens on Soundcloud.

I like some of the tracks, but i guess i can't really catch the sexy lyricism of his, since i am not english is not my mother tongue.

Plus, Rihanna is on one of the tracks, and she hangs out with my waifu.

*since engish is not my mother tongue

Sorry, i just made a living irony of myself.

it does if you're retarted like op

if you think this sounds like "every other pop rap album", you're a retard

his worst so far

not even good if it wasn't him

FEAR makes me feel things.

cringe

cringe

I think he put it out quick cuz of all the political shit going on and cuz he seems like he's struggling with a lot and this is album is him getting it off his chest.

It makes sense that he would come out with this cuz yeah while it's not as cohesive and conceptual as the last coupe it still has a theme and is good shit and if he tried to just keep doing more afte tpab I think he would have crashed and burned out.

It just seems like this is what he wanted to do and I think it went over well. I like the album and am looking forward to what he will do next

no it doesnt and nothing

>kendrickfag
>thinks this is his board

So I was takin a walk the other day.

opening clue for a kendrick ARG

>Another reddit meme poster with no arguments
Fuck off my board faggot

white college students like it so people know that they are "woke"