Best of the reboots so far

Best of the reboots so far.

So that's 3 for 3 now.

We're living in a Trek golden age.

Chris Stuckmann said it was the worst of the three

Justin lin master race

>Chekov actually got something to do in this one.

Literally who?

Cuckmann also liked X-Men Apocalypse.

Tell that to Zod's snapped neck.

In the theater right now getting ready to watch it.

What am I in for Sup Forums?

Oh boy, another story about a strong independent girl orphan who carries a stick, scavenges old tech, escapes in an ancient spaceship and joins an elite organization. Thanks JJ.

Fun.

It's probably the best X-Men film tbqh, but Stuckmann is a fag.

Sabotage

DELETE THIS RIGHT FUCKING NOW HOW DARE YOU

>Kirk's character arc is that he is bored of peace and by the end of the film learns that the only time he feels alive is when the lives of millions are in peril and he can feel like a hero
>Bad guy's motivations are that he fought people in the military and he can't fight people in star fleet so he decides to use a superweapon that genocides people instead of just fighting them
>Pegg exploits Leonard Nemoy's death to use as a plot point and character development for Spock but it leads absolutely nowhere
>The crew is immediately separated as soon as they arrive so there is absolutely no time for them to grow and develop as characters by interacting with each other so they spend most of the film dicking around
>The Enterprise travels through the dangerous nebula with very little effort and in apparently no time at all
>At the end of the film drone fighter ships apparently have warp drives since they too seem to be able to bypass the dangrous nebula very quickly
>Bad guy is against unity yet his entire army is composed of drones
>Good guys argue that unity is good but the drone army's unity is the very thing that defeats them in the end
>An alien elf girl and a scotsman are able to repair a several hundred year old space ship by the time it takes the plot to move forward even though at the end of the film a time lapse shows an entire crew building a new enterprise
>the Franklin has to be dropped off a cliff to go to the atmosphere for some reason
>they ripped off Mars Attacks to beat the bad guys

>they defeat the aliens by playing "Sabotage" by the Beastie Boys really loudly
How is this forgivable, flick apologists?

You can like the movie while acknowledging its flaws, but you cannot defend this scene unless you're a normie in denial.

I liked the movie, it was entertaining but hollow. It was basically a long tv episode. The villain was the thinnest of all of them so far and they felt the need to rely on the "guy from a different age" thing again

>>they defeat the aliens by playing "Sabotage" by the Beastie Boys really loudly
Is this real?

honestly into darkness was really good until the last 1/4 of the movie where it went full retard to rehash wrath of khan and had spock punching people

Yes

And you can't help but have a shit eating grin throughout the whole bit

>Pegg exploits Leonard Nemoy's death to use as a plot point and character development for Spock but it leads absolutely nowhere

If you didn't watch the movie maybe.

It's only when New Spock finds the old photo among Spock Prime's personal effects that he realizes the crew is his real family.

>Man of Murder

AWWWWW YEAHH

Yes it is sadly

Oh dear sweet Jesus. My brain is crying just reading all that.

DAMN YOU PARAMOUNT AND YOUR LOW STANDARDS

>How Simon Pegg ruined Star Trek in one measly step.

This. It was a great scene, easily one of the best in Star Trek.

Reminded me why I watch movies in theater.

>how to spot a bottom-feeding hipster

:^)

apart from the photon torpedo bay above the navigational deflector, there's no real difference

I was hoping someone grabbed a shot of that. I think some parts are thicker than the last version.

And it's clear the nacelle pylons are straight instead of curved, which is nice.

Was kind of wish they'd incorporate parts of the Vengeance into the new design. Just because Admiral Marcus was a dick that doesn't mean the actual ship should've been scrapped.