I keep losing my old friends. I get new ones but they quickly turn into old friends and i lose them too

I keep losing my old friends. I get new ones but they quickly turn into old friends and i lose them too.

Feels thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e1FCKaep2R0
youtube.com/watch?v=PuyYc0gINbU
youtube.com/watch?v=-yOZEiHLuVU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's life unfortunately user
I had two people that i considered to be brothers walk out on me because I don't have time to party
Now I've got no one

I know excactly how you feel. When i was under drinking age i had a friend who stopped hanging out with me because i wasnt allowed to go out and party. Never managed to reconnect with him since.

sorry OP but this happens to literally everyone.. people dynamically change, some fast, some slow. your "best friend" is only a part of a person, and it only makes sense that as they age they might become a completely different person and your "best friend" might not even exist anymore.

also, a lot of people have "contingency friends" because they're lonely.. ie "yeah i'll hang out with this girl, but if i meet a cuter one or one that is more interesting i'll never talk to her again" or "eh he's autistic but we can play games together, but if i get a gf i'll never hang out with him again" or "he is boring but i'm lonely, if i find friends that party i'll leave him behind"

Nah man, old friends are always there. Times just change, we get busy, we have work, etc.

Everyone goes their own way eventually, but old friends stands.

Dont forget to make an effort yourself.

You got a point. I feel like im the problem since my old friends still hang out with each other. Maybe im the one changing too much

I think you may be very young, but after you are 15 or 18 your "best friends" don't change monthly, that's very unsual. Sure, you maybe make new friends that dissapear after some time, but the "old friends" remains there, at least 2/3/4 persons

Everyone's circumstance is different. You may be in a situation where you have other things to do so you cant hang, go out drinking, not care.

Dont beat yourself up mate, true friends are harder to make and keep as we get older. It is just part of life. It doesnt mean you did anything wrong, no one gives a fuck as we get older.

Thanks everyone. I genuinly feel better about myself now

Good man, you'll be surprised how much the next 50+ years is going to change dramatically. You are going to meet 1000's of people, some you'll fall in love with, some you'll hate, some will become friends.

Just look forward to it. This world is a game and adventure at the same time. It excites the fuck out of me.

im 24 and i only have 1 friend that i knew when i was 19. everyone else has disappeared or deleted everything and stopped talking

Thanks man.

I've now lost all my friends and my gf of two years who I was going to marry ran off with another man six months ago. Also been unemployed for the last 10 years, failed at my music "career" and have a pretty nasty drinking problem. Life is pain.

You have your reasons. Find them and speak to someone about them. Then scrape yourself of the ground.

Start going to AA meetings. It genuinly helps. Its a place to meet people who have the same struggles as you and as friends or maybe significant others you can help each others through hard times.

That's what I was thinking. At least I'd get to talk to some actual irl people.

Yeah I'll try my best. A dark sense of humour about it all goes a long way too.

Excactly. I think it will make change and do good for you. At least more than we can do through the internet.

I know what you mean. Im 5 beers down, dont give a fuck kinda feeling. I use to wake up and laugh it off but its painful now.

Yep. I've gone full neckbeard this winter. Gotta snap out of it. Been walking a lot now though and actually getting fresh air and sunshine which is a step in the right direction. Next step AA.

Definetly is. Good luck man

It's hard. I used to have a meltdown every time I was hungover but following my ex leaving me I just went kind of numb eventually. Sure I cried like a bitch for three months then came the numbness. Like the depression stage of grief I guess. With that I've developed a sometimes cheerfully nihilistic outlook on life.

Thanks man I appreciate it.

>have Asperger's on top of anxiety/depression issues
>hate being around people
>perfectly fine with this most of my life
>get laid a few times by chicks basically throwing themselves at me because I can't read signals, am told I have a cute face, ottermode body
>don't want relationship
>about to be 25
>suddenly brain goes full "you need a companion" mode
>have conditioned myself to stay away from people for so long I don't know how to go about it anymore
>feel crippling loneliness for the first time and it has no end in sight

Never had this feeling so I've never had to cope with it, but holy shit I feel bad for anyone I made fun of who actually will never have a gf.

youtube.com/watch?v=e1FCKaep2R0

1 minutes 30 seconds in hearing this was that tipping point in my life.

I have that feeling of loneliness too but it only comes every now and then.

Listening to it now. Interesting. This one drove me to drink like a champ last night.

youtube.com/watch?v=PuyYc0gINbU

I think I might have some sort of mild Autism as well. I'm horrible at picking up signals. And I also have the crushing loneliness. Don't know what to tell you other than you're not the only one. Some anonymous faggot on the internet feels the same way.

youtube.com/watch?v=-yOZEiHLuVU

I feel ya

I've always had anxiety problems and only recently got on meds for them. I used to have a panic attack several times a week, sometimes between 30 minutes - an hour.

Out of fucking nowhere last week it hit me. Suddenly just a massive panic attack with the idea of loneliness at the center. I had a panic attack for about 3 days straight.

Could barely walk properly at certain points, didn't eat a single thing and didn't want to, slept maybe 2 hours a night. It was pure, utter terror for 70 hours. I've never had one last more than like 3 hours, and I've had probably 1,000s in my life.

Now the thought is in the back of my head lingering. If I stay busy and every now and then type it out I don't feel as bad.

As a 25 year old decent looking dude I should just man up and do something about it. I complain here so I don't have to admit how pathetic this sounds in real life.

Asperger's makes it hard too. Every way I've learned how to talk to people in general from mimicking; I can't mimic a relationship.

Meh
The problem is you then

Thanks buddy.

I was diagnosed in first grade, don't know how to tell you to get tested. When I looked up what it was it literally described my entire life.

Yeah I'm gonna see if I can get tested. It would explain a few things.

I get stressed out because i feel like im not good enough to be around and talk to others because i dont party and drink much. Im usually left out in conversations with my classmates because i didnt go out in the weekend to get shitfaced and fuck strangers. I feel like this is gonna last too because when im older i wont have any hilarious stories of that time me and my best friend went to the club and this and that happened.

I cringed. Holy shit.