I think its time for us to be real...

i think its time for us to be real, this man has put out some of the most amazing music ever created in such a short amount of time, and i think that the insecurity i see on forums such as this one, prove that he is truly something special. Its ok if you cant bump his music around the homies, i can feel that, but see once u stop being so scary, and man the fuck up, you can recognize greatness when its right in front of you.

I mean seriously, To Pimp A Butterfly is already one of if not THE greatest album of all time, ALL GENRES, not just rap, and the creativity of Untitled Unmastered also showcases his musical power, the man is just gonna keep going higher and higher, man can you imagine what this man has cooked up for his next masterpiece? im shivering just at the thought man, its very scary.

not to mention the dude just has it all as a rapper. He can rap his ass off, get his message off in quicker ways than other rappers who think that shoving a bunch of big words and unnecessary references will impress you. Kendrick is just that good man, and i think its time for all of us to accept it, he IS the greatest to ever do it.

DAMN. sounds like ordinary 2010s (t)rap and has the same generic RnB and Trap bangers.

Not everything is good just because Lamar puts it out.

u scary ass nigga stfu, kendrick the best in the world

I love him because he hates white people as much i do

t. single while male

Disregarding this bait, does anyone have a good version of this ? I found a mega link here the other day but despite the audio quality, some of the songs have skips in them that don't seem intentional

yes this nigger can talk really fast. pretty good desu

Give it some time. There's a few songs on it that use a different time signature and it might be hard for occasional listeners to digest them as they are.

Even though in it you also find a lot of catchy pop. I think in some songs Lamar was capitalizing on the appearance he did in Taylor Swift's hit single "Bad Blood" a while back (has a song named Blood and DNA on it making almost a direct title connection)

To Pimp A Butterfly had some strong moments like For Free, Loving U is Complicated (sounds like a stage duet and it was cool), and Mortal Man, but I think Damn sprouted consistently better songs

>"get the fuck off my dick, that ain't right"
- the man himself

DAMN is not that great though..
All of kendricks previous albums were better imo.
DAMN is a bit of a mess

You were saying the same shit 2 years ago about TPAB.

Nigga youse a scary ass nigga.

no i wasn't i thought TPAB was a very good album, this album just isn't that great. it's not bad but it's just not very great definitely nowhere near AOTY

also you're probably white don't ever say youse a scary ass nigga again

I agree. All of his previous albums felt like the whole album was great, and also you could pick any song and enjoy it without listening to the whole album. This goes with Section 80, especially GKMC and also TPAB. But with DAMN. I felt like it went up and down while listening to the whole thing, like there was more filler than ever before on any other album by Kendrick and also at the same time it just felt like something was missing. Exactly as you said, it was a mess. In DAMN. there's a handful of bangers that I can just pick and enjoy, but I wouldn't say that every song on this album was good or that the album as a whole is even close as good as Kendrick's previous albums. I don't know, it's just not the masterpiece that everyone seems to make it now. I guess it's because Kendrick made it, and because Kendrick is held on such a pedestal now it means that anything he makes will be a 'masterpiece' to someone even if it wasn't true objectively. I'm not saying that Kendrick has made anything bad yet, I'm just saying that DAMN. doesn't deserve the hype it gets.

youse a scary ass lil bitch ass nigga

fuck u n ur bitch ass nigga i ain't white on my moms

Mark my words the days of lengthy Kendrick Lamar albums are dead

After DAMN expect releases to get shorter and shorter. Next album will be 40 min max

With time I'm sure people will get more honest with themselves, for now it's still fresh hype.

Years down the road if people look back I'm not sure how they could put DAMN up there with his other albums of course music is subjective but idk I feel like this album is just obviously on a lower level compared to his others.

Nah, his next will be the most ambitious yet

>Tfw I started off thinking this was his worst album but now I pretty muxh enjoy every song except for GOD.

I even hated Lust at first but now I fucking love it.

>implying lengthy equals ambitious

Idk Yeezus was pretty ambitious and so was Sgt Pepper and neither album is over 40 min

Pretty disappointed with this album desu. Not feeling it half as much as TPAB. Dunno what all the fuzz is about cept' for idol dick sucking.

Exactly, I think it's still just the hype from the release, but last a lot longer than with other releases because, you know, Kendrick and all that.

This.

I think Kendrick is great but DAMN is a bit of a pick n mix. My favourite cut is Lust and there are a couple of others I enjoy but a little under half the album is forgettable imo.

I don't mind an album being a hodge podge but then the tracks need the stand on their individual strength and in this case some don't meet the mark (as set by the expectation that this is a Kendrick Lamar album and he should drop some great stuff)

Also for the record I like TPAB but it's not "one of if not THE greatest album of all time", you need to withdraw Kendrick's dick from your windpipe, cunt

stfu u scary ass nigga u dk shit

He didn't even say that TPAB was that...

Wait hold on, I misunderstood, you were talking to OP. Nevermind, moving on

>white people roleplaying on Sup Forums

Why do you, or others who agree, think it's on a lower level? I don't necessarily disagree. I think it's definitely a different direction than GKMC and TPAB when it comes to the way he delves into his concepts, but the concepts on DAMN are more personal. His rapping is on a level beyond his previous work on this record. The only thing that brings it down for me is 3 weak tracks, but the rest are very impressive sonically.

t. white ass bitch

not that user but so do you

every intentionally retarded shitpost you've ever made has been a roleplay too

I don't retard shitpost though

if you say so, friend

:^)

For me I feel like he's been on a constant progression with each album, getting better and better and going in really interesting directions. This album just didn't hit me in that way, there's good tracks on it but I honestly can't even sit through the entire thing like I can other Kendrick albums.

:^)

stfu u a lil bitch scary ass fagget ass

loooooool scary ass lil nigga postin sam hide?
ahahaha pussy ass scary

I can feel that. As a whole it is definitely not on the level of GKMC and definitely not TPAB, especially in the way that those albums immerse you, but I think he was taking interesting turns on this record. Specifically Feel, Pride, Lust, XXX and Duckworth are important progressions in his sound imo. Tight production and his rapping capabilities really shine through with the variety in his flow and delivery, an effortless showing. With each record it seems he becomes more confident in playing with what he does with his voice.

White people shouldnt be allowed to talk about hip hop

we all hold Kendrick up to really high standards.

If any other rapper had made this album, you would all be rating it 8/10+. But because Kendrick made two classic albums prior to this, DAMN seems underwhelming by comparison.

So I was takin' a walk the other day

What is the point of your post. Damn is a subpar release from Kendrick. Simple as that. Stop being so serious.