I live in Rhode Island and I'm moving to South Carolina for school...

I live in Rhode Island and I'm moving to South Carolina for school. I heard the culture shock is such that I may have trouble making friends. Opinions on south vs. north?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1qi5mU_btjE&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you're going to a university its the same shit.

If you're going to a decent school, it won't just be locals. But if you're surrounded by nothing but Southerners, you'll always be an outsider.

No matter where you go people will hate you, especially south. Northerners are gah Damn ignorant af

I lived up north near Philly for 22 years, and I moved south to Florida 3 or 4 years ago.

It's enjoyable at first, everyone's really nice. But as you go forward, you realize that 85% of the population in the south needs to be wiped out.

Also that their niceness is skin deep

Lived in south carolina for 13 years. A few things for you

Southerners are as two faced as they come. Expect to hear the phrase "bless your heart" a lot
There are a lot of stupid people there who unfortunately believe they're smart.
People unironically call the civil war the war of northern aggression
South Carolina is a conservative state like no other. Expect to hear the words liberal/libtards thrown around constantly
Gamecocks are absolute trash

To be fair 85% of everybody needs to be wiped out.

i've lived in mpls almost my entire life. blood family is from the carolinas.

people here suck. so icy. at least in the south people give an impression of giving a shit about each other.

also the "liberalism" of the midwest is some weird social construct that for whatever its upside doesn't involve sex.

could be worse - you could end up in the midwest.

It'll help if ya don't talk all faggy

I'm wrapping up a project near Columbia, and the worst fucking ever around here is the fucking slow-ass left lane campers on the 2-lane interstates...big rigs in the right lane fuck up the rest.

Also, I love the low gas prices, and fairly low cost of living. Smokers get a bonus down here.

However, I can't wait to get back up to the mid-atlantic.

>>Southerners are as two faced as they come. Expect to hear the phrase "bless your heart" a lot
Southerner here. I hear that a lot but it's about expectations and mis-understanding. People think southerners "pretend" to be nice but are really shitty as fuck.

here's the low down

>Southerners are just as petty and shitty and most other folks in the US.
>They aren't more so ON AVERAGE
>Only some midwesterners and by extension not french speaking Canadians are actually nicer than average

The problem is politeness. We are overly polite, to a fucking fault because it's all over the top. We're raised that way. So people who aren't used to it thinks we "are so damn nice" to everyone.
Until we aren't and they think we are two faced.
It's just a cultural difference.
politeness /= kindness
Out politeness is like Japanese politeness. It's form over function.

Thats okay, that is where 85% of the black population is.

I live in SC

you'll be fine

I live in South Carolina.
Cheap place to spam: youtube.com/watch?v=1qi5mU_btjE&feature=youtu.be

This.

People take themselves way too fucking seriously most of the time. Minnesota nice is a myth. But when it snows, people do help push your car out of a snowbank, so that's nice.

this guy knows whats going on.

I live in RI now too. I'll have my BS degree in less than a year, could move to a city but I've never lived anywhere but here

Are you from Northern or Southern RI?

Scfag here this place is ass

if you ever go to a Walmart instead of Publix/Kroger, etc, leave your cart in the main aisle with the meat/cheese/retarded coolers, and never take it down the side aisles. A chimp fest will ensue when you don't acknowledge right of way to the "locals".
load everything you can up into your arms, run like hell, and dump into cart. Then repeat.

Columbia: shit drivers; panhandlers.

South Carolina Q is complete shit.

this

accidents everywhere
cars abandoned on the sides of interstates for days
streetlight turn arrows only work if there's cars behind you.
back roads always have slow ass old mazda pickups loaded with junk driving 20 miles under speed limit.

What school are you going to OP?

I moved to South Carolina to attend Clemson. I live in Greenville now and frankly have no desire to leave. Its an awesome place. The Upstate of SC is the fastest growing area in the country and the best place for job growth as well. Plus, if you like hiking/outdoorsy stuff, the mountains are 30 minutes away from Greenville/Clemson, Nantahala, Pisgah, Sumter, Shining Rock, the Blue Ridge Parkway, Great SMoky Mountains are all nearby with great trails, views, and waterfalls. If you are more liberal or very artsy, Asheville is a 45 minute drive away. Sierra Nevada brewery is in Asheville and its an awesome experience, If you like partying, Greenville has good nightlife, but Charlotte and Atlanta are very close by, about an hour and a half from Greenville.

Columbia is a shithole.

Myrtle Beach is okay, big tourist trap.

Charleston is awesome.

i live in Austin, Texas.
if there is so much as 1/16th of an inch of snow on the ground, the whole city shuts down.
if there is a chance of snow/ice in the forcast, schools are closed.