ITT: Directors insulting other directors

ITT: Directors insulting other directors

flavorwire.com/200745/the-30-harshest-filmmaker-on-filmmaker-insults-in-history/1#post_body

Which is your favorite quote?

Wow I didn't know shills were this level of stupid to be this blatant.

Not only am I not clicking the link, I'm not visiting your site ever in the future for any reason.

Kill yourself loser.

Fake N Gay

>4. Ingmar Bergman on Jean-Luc Godard:
“I’ve never gotten anything out of his movies. They have felt constructed, faux intellectual, and completely dead. Cinematographically uninteresting and infinitely boring. Godard is a fucking bore. He’s made his films for the critics. One of the movies, Masculin, Féminin, was shot here in Sweden. It was mind-numbingly boring.”

I agree.

senpai, the article was written in 2011, i don't think there's any need to shill it now lol

lol

>26. Werner Herzog on Abel Ferrara:
>“I have no idea who Abel Ferrara is. But let him fight the windmills… I’ve never seen a film by him. I have no idea who he is. Is he Italian? Is he French? Who is he?”
>abel made bad lieutenant in 1992
>herzog made bad lieutenant: port of call in 2009

hm

Kevin Smith is such a bitch

everyone hates Goddard and Goddard hates everyone

based bergman.
>there are people that actually rate godard in this board
not even top 10 french director.

>“Kubrick is a machine, a mutant, a Martian. He has no human feeling whatsoever. But it’s great when the machine films other machines, as in 2001.”

literally my thoughts, his films are too mechanical, too technical.

Godard actually made films about what was going on in the world. Bergman's camera was permanently stuck up his ass filming plays.

>dude its me in the coffin (*_*)
>playing chess with death :-O
>they have the same face >_

>12. Tyler Perry on Spike Lee
“Spike can go straight to hell! You can print that… Spike needs to shut the hell up!”

Wow, h-he, he sure showed him.

the story behind why Herzog's film was retitled Bad Lieutenant is quite something. apparently he never intended for his film Port of New Orleans to have a prefix title but the financial people backing the film also had the rights to BL so they tacked it on to increase potential revenue.

He only said this after Abel attacked herzog for filming another bad lieutenant. Also herzog just wanted to film a bad cop movie and it was a producer who had the rights to bad lieutenant who slapped the bad lieutenant on herzogs film which is why he didn't know about Abel or had seen the original film

9. Nick Broomfield on Quentin Tarantino:
“It’s like watching a schoolboy’s fantasy of violence and sex, which normally Quentin Tarantino would be wanking alone to in his bedroom while this mother is making his baked beans downstairs. Only this time he’s got Harvey Weinstein behind him and it’s on at a million screens.”

> Literally who insulting based Tarantino

>26. Werner Herzog on Abel Ferrara:
>“I have no idea who Abel Ferrara is. But let him fight the windmills… I’ve never seen a film by him. I have no idea who he is. Is he Italian? Is he French? Who is he?”

Werner Herzog is so based

sounds like all commercial art

my favorite moment of Herzog's movie is the iguana cam. do you know if he has anything lined up? i can't bring myself to watch his latest with Kidman.

ah, there's always someone who doesn't bother to read the thread before posting.

> Everyone shitting on Spike Lee

His riposte to Burton would have been a decent zinger if Batman 1989 was a bad film., unfortunately it wasn't so Smith just came off as sulky.

20. Kevin Smith on Paul Thomas Anderson (specifically, Magnolia):
“I’ll never watch it again, but I will keep it. I’ll keep it right on my desk, as a constant reminder that a bloated sense of self-importance is the most unattractive quality in a person or their work.”

21. David Gordon Green on Kevin Smith:
“He kind of created a Special Olympics for film. They just kind of lowered the standard. I’m sure their parents are proud; it’s just nothing I care to buy a ticket for.”

ingmar bergman bringing the heat

>wasting spots on Vincent Gallo

Was Brown Bunny that bad?

>Bergman says that Godard is a fucking bore
Ladies and gentlemen, the perfect example of The Irony

>Harmony Korine on Quentin Tarantino:
>"Quentin Tarantino seems to be too concerned with other films. I mean, about appropriating other movies, like in a blender. I think it’s, like, really funny at the time I’m seeing it, but then, I don’t know, there’s a void there. Some of the references are flat, just pop culture.”

BASED HARMONY

>24. Vincent Gallo on Sofia (and Francis Ford) Coppola:
>“Sofia Coppola likes any guy who has what she wants. If she wants to be a photographer she’ll fuck a photographer. If she wants to be a filmmaker, she’ll fuck a filmmaker. She’s a parasite just like her fat, pig father was.”

>uwe boll calling anyone a retard

>he did 2 takes of the blowjob scene

Michael Bay responded

“I find people who rant like that – calling shit about both me, and George Clooney – comes from someone screaming because he is not being heard. He is obviously a sad being. When you ask ‘do I care?’ Not in the slightest.”

>4 quotes in a row shitting on Tarantino

There were only two quotes and they both were from people mad that he talked shot about them first

talked shit*

>I’m not a fucking retard like Michael Bay.
i like this one

>18. Tim Burton on Kevin Smith (after Smith jokingly accused Burton of stealing the ending of Planet of the Apes from a Smith comic book):
>“Anyone who knows me knows I would never read a comic book. And I would especially never read anything created by Kevin Smith.”

>19. Kevin Smith on Tim Burton (in response to “I would never read a comic book”):
>“Which, to me, explains fucking Batman.”

Good bantz

>DUDE STRAWMAN LMAO
stop embarrassing yourself retard

Daily reminder that Tarantino hates America's greatest director

>As you may well know, director John Ford was one of the Klansmen in The Birth of a Nation, so I even speculate in the piece: Well, John Ford put on a Klan uniform for D.W. Griffith. What was that about? What did that take? He can't say he didn't know the material. Everybody knew The Clansman at that time as a piece of material, and touring companies were doing plays of it all the time. And yet he put on the Klan uniform. He got on the horse. He rode hard to black subjugation.

>One of my American Western heroes is not John Ford, obviously. To say the least, I hate him. Forget about faceless Indians he killed like zombies. It really is people like that that kept alive this idea of Anglo-Saxon humanity compared to everybody else's humanity -- and the idea that that's hogwash is a very new idea in relative terms. And you can see it in the cinema in the '30s and '40s -- it's still there. And even in the '50s.

>John ford
>not boring ultra garbage shit tier fag

Documentary directors don't count

What did he mean by this ?

>knowing nothing and having no taste

>“He kind of created a Special Olympics for film. They just kind of lowered the standard. I’m sure their parents are proud; it’s just nothing I care to buy a ticket for.”

That's a good one; I agree.

>24. Vincent Gallo on Sofia (and Francis Ford) Coppola:
“Sofia Coppola likes any guy who has what she wants. If she wants to be a photographer she’ll fuck a photographer. If she wants to be a filmmaker, she’ll fuck a filmmaker. She’s a parasite just like her fat, pig father was.”

wat

notice how all 4 are meme directors

> Uwe Boll on Michael Bay:
>“I’m not a fucking retard like Michael Bay.”

Wew lad