That guy on rym who gives Beatles albums 5 stars

>That guy on rym who gives Beatles albums 5 stars

I'm that guy, AMA

>That guy on rym who gives Radiohead albums 5 stars

>That guy who doesn't

Why, though? They're average at best and annoying at worst.

>that guy on rym who gives all LRD releases 5 stars

My ratings aren't based on pure musical quality, which is largely subjective, but also the significance of a particular album. The massive impact the beatles had on pop music is a big part of what gets them those 5 stars from me.

i'm a big LRD fan (except for the meme live 77 album) but the only 4.5 stars album is Mizutani and the next best is Double Heads at 4 stars.

it really bothers me how they've been fetishized for being le japanese noise here on mu

>he attempts to make his ratings appear """""objective"""""

You are a perfect example of the plebeian filth spoiling this board with their sad obession with mediocre dadrock.

If you seriously think you have any understanding what actual musical art is you need to leave this board right now. Try Pitchfork or Noisey but not Sup Forums. This is a place for true patricians dont ruin it for us because your taste is underdeveloped.

>that guy on RYM who rates the entire studio album discography of an artist 0.5 stars

I've only heard '77. Which ones are the best?

A numeric rating system introduces objectivity by its very nature, may as well play along.

>You are a perfect example of the plebeian filth spoiling this board with their sad obession with mediocre dadrock.

God I fucking hate Scaruffi drones

REEEEEEEEEEEE

>that guy on rym who gives albums from genres he doesn't like 0.5 stars before they're even out

>person rates an album you love badly
>check their 5's
>Beatles discography
>Abba compilations
Makes you feel a lot better

>that guy on RYM who writes a political essay on why certain songs are problematic in their review of an album

you don't know what objectivity means. a numeric rating system displays subjective view quantitatively

>person rates an album you love badly
>check their 5's
>generic avant-teen core like TMR, Faust, LRD, Desertshore and token modern classical
Makes you feel a lot better

>user rates album you love 1.5
>check their rating system
>weird system where 99% of ratings are 2 star or lower
>about 10 albums rated 2.5-5
Makes it a bit better, I guess, but I don't get this system

>baited

The Beatles never had a perfect album, there were always some awful pop songs or half baked experiments

typical fucking meme hearing '77 it's not even particularly good, it's just lo-fi as fuck

the best is by far Mizutani. it'll catch you off gaurd because it actually SOUNDS GOOD. it's a bunch of slightly psychedelic ballads that shows off the bands actual song-writing skills. the album closes with a pretty cool jam reminiscent of what people expect from LRD but actually good. Mizutani is in my top 5 albums and is absolutely essential.

if you wanna keep going Double Heads includes some of their cleanest recordings, so you can actually get into the songs and not just wailing feedback and fuzz. you probably like Night of the Assassins, the second song of '77, but one of the versions in double heads actually gives you an idea of what the song sounded like when played live.

if you wanna go further, the incredibly rare Yodo-Go-A-Go-Go Flightless Bird is a nice in between from the lo-finess and actually hearing the songs

finally the one that has the most variety is Blind Baby Has Its Mothers Eyes

tl;dnr Mizutani is the only essential (and god is it gorgeous) if you wanna actually get into them, Double Heads (which is 4 hours long) is their most complete set.

lmao

Thanks, I'll look more into them

>unironically le REAL fan maymay
>"guise their most popular album is actually bad, don't be deceived!!!"

>Guys, I like mediocre dadrock and you guys don't!
>Therefore, you guys are Scaruffi drones!
>REEEEEEEEEEEEE!! Stop hating the Beatles!