Is rock dead?

Is rock dead?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=abg4CQgCyD0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes, but metal isn't desu senpai

Probably

I think after the 90's everyone ran out of ideas

Youre right, the 80s kind of took rock as far as it could go and then the 90s ran it into the ground.

Rock isn't dead someone is just gonna have to do something different soon or guitars are just going to go away. Every time I hear a rock song it's boring and you can clearly tell who they're trying to sound like.

I blame the internet for it since it's killed independent music and subculture

It's been "dead" like a dozen times

It'll come back round, albeit in a vastly different form

apples and oranges and you know this

'no'

yep, someone post that one nu male chart

Rock died when the corporate owners of America brainwashed our new generation of the white male population into being low testosterone cutesy little sheep. Rock was also corporate but the underbelly of rock was too dangerous for their cultural plan. The current underbelly of popular music has no threat to established society because both mainstream and nonmainstream are easily controlled and equally fake.

rock is as dead as punk rock

if that makes any sense

what the fuck are you even talking about

THIS

Don't forget that rock defied the xenophiles plans to brainwash humanity. That's why (c)Rap is so popular right now, because the aliens want to lower our collective IQ so we can't fight back.

The death of rock in the UK was the post-Britpop stagnation. Britpop was not inherently something the genre couldn't bypass, however the event of landfill indie rock from the 2000's which carries on even as we speak in the UK really has killed off any creative spark that exists in the UK rock scene, and that is any UK rock scene whatsoever. The only ones who've grown up and made something out of it is Radiohead, and that's about it. Sure there's others but most of it is nostalgic garbage.

And you can bet your ass I blame Oasis.

What he's saying is rock music no longer poses a threat to society like it used to.

back to /x/, or Sup Forums

nah... there'll always be new kids learning electric guitar and there'll always be power chords and a 4/4 beat for them to get excited over.

It's sleeping. It may never come back to where it was in the 20th century but it'll never die.

Music genres don't die. What the fuck does that mean? Doesn't a genre die only when no one ever knew it existed?

it never posed a real threat to society

lots of modern rap artists pull out ideas from the rock catalogue

>recreational drug use
>casual sex
>disdain for gainful employment
>morals out the window
>not a threat

k

No. It's just become more electronic than it should be.

rock will never die

youtube.com/watch?v=abg4CQgCyD0

When the xenos overtake Earth, you'll wish you listened to rock instead of dumb negro music.

No