Hello, i deleted system32 as one of you suggested on another thread to speed up my computer...

hello, i deleted system32 as one of you suggested on another thread to speed up my computer,but now my computer wont start????

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10
ipanon.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it only goes to that screen

If you have a HDD in your system the easiest way to fix your pc is to "jumpstart" the HDD. To do this you need a magnet.
1. Make sure your PC is off.
2. Start to spin the magnet around your HDD counter clockwise.
3. Start-up your pc while still spinning your HDD.
4. It should now start fine

i dont have a magnet anywhere, anything else i can use?

You could ask for help on the technology board of Sup Forums but first complain about Linux.

Well you can try opening the HDD with a screwdriver or something. And then spin it with your finger carefully

what is linux?

i tried opening the case on the laptop, but i cant get the screws out. can i get them out somehow?

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering
to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently
taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an
operating system unto itself, but rather another free
component of a fully functioning GNU system made
useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital
system components comprising a full OS as defined by
POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the
GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a
peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is
widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its
users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system,
developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it,
but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the
kernel: the program in the system that allocates the
machine's resources to the other programs that you
run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating
system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the
context of a complete operating system. Linux is
normally used in combination with the GNU operating
system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux
added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux
distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

You could try a hammer

A microwave in short 5 second will "jump-start" the hdd as well. I do this when no magnets around.

bait.jpg

well, i dont really want to crack the screen though

Wow.

You could also try this. I haven't tried it personally tho.

post timestamp

i dont know if you can see it well, but theres one

You are gonna have to clean your system. Dishwasher is perfect for this task but the trick is adding a cup of salt also, so it drys it properly

but wouldnt water destroy it?

take pic with higher resolution camera. not potato

Use gentle wash dumbass

Salt dehydrates it

thats the best one i have, sorry

Maybe 30 years ago before new processors were created. Water kind of resets the system back to factory settings. Dishwasher works best. I would say 2 Cups of salt though works better imo

You'd think so. But soapy water actually cleans hard drives as well as dishes. I personally prefer anything from Cascade, particularly their Complete Gel line.

These are only legitimate answers. Magnets surely work, thats how i fixed my last computer. Personally i haven't tried the microwave method but my friend has and it jumpstarted his hdd, so i suggest you try that.

Better to be safe than sorry. Lots of salt!!

this might also work, but only if your pc or laptop is made after 2010

All of these are fucking troll answers. OP, your computer is fucked unless you remove the hard drive and gently place it inside your ass. Post pics so we can verify that you're doing it properly.

dont listen to this troll, use the trick with the microwave like suggested above. I've worked with computers a long time and i can confirm it works

What kind of camera u take the picture with?

Vouching for this

kindle fire 7

I am having the exact same issue rn OP

im not really sure which to do. my moms gonna be home soon and i dont want her to know i messed up my computer, so which one should i do? i also cant get the screws put of it, to open it up.

Post pics of your mom punishing you.

i think microwave is the best if you have no magnets. and i have experience in computers, much like many others in this thread

You fucked your computer you're going to have to get another computer so you could downloads microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 -- this is the Windows 10 installation. you install the image on a USB and then the image on your broken computer this will wipe your drive and will reinstall a fresh copy of Windows 10 on your computer. or you could get an external hard drive cagy and put the fucked hard drive in the caddy so you could back up any files on that drive and then reinstall it

this

this camera from 2001 has the same resolution

finally, someone that isnt trying to troll me

This would never work. Terrible advice.

Do. Not. Do. This. Its a troll and a virus thatt will permanently destroy your computer

Wtf, we are trying to help here. Fuck off troll

yall are the trolls, i aint a Sup Forumstard. nice dubs btw

XD

your machine will run faster and more efficiently if you plug it into a 220v outlet

Any one of you faggots ever get into a fight? I mean an epic fight where people still talk about that shit years later when they see you?

>GREENTEXT THAT SHIT!

>On faceshit
>get a message from some who I have not see since HS.
>start chatting about shit
>asks, "You remember the time you beat the shit out that Navy Seal?"
>WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
>"Dude, we went to the bar, user's friend started fucking with you. Called you fat. Started taking shit about being a Navy Seal."
>"You wanted nothing to do with him, then he pushed you."
>"You fucked that dude up so fucking bad. It took 5 of us to get you out of there."
>"It was the greatest fight I have ever seen."
>"YOU FUCKED UP A NAVY SEAL!"

To this day, I have no memory of fighting a Navy Seal, As a matter of fact, I would have got my ass beat if I fought a Navy Seal.

To him, I am LEGEND!

Bet you're proud of potentially destroying this poor kid's computer huh...

>2017
>camera under 12 mp
Poorfag

Download more RAM, you should be ok.

Your point?

it aint a problem. i know not to do any of that stuff and how to restore the computer

Poor child

you ain't a Sup Forumstard? what would your definition of Sup Forumstard be? you're a newfag ig this guy managed to troll you

that computer got messed up by me dropping it a few months ago. that happened after it, so, therefore, the trollers are the Sup Forumstards

like it says, only a fool would take anything on Sup Forums as a fact

I'm too old to belive thread of this type is legit in 2017. I was there when it was said "delete system 32 to speed up your pc" for the first time. It's all like a stale pasta. But i had a good laugh .

I'm sure if you take the cover off the HDD and cum directly on the disks and start up your PC everything should be dandy

I take it you're pretty new to computers. System32 is the directory tree Windows dedicates to 32-bit system binaries, hence the name. Of course your computer won't start past the bootloader if you delete System32, because Windows is big, ugly, hard to refactor, and has been exclusively 32-bit for the vast majority of its release history, so if you ask yourself "which Windows system binaries are 32-bit," the answer still to this day ends up being "most of them," meaning deleting the directory tree where *all* the *32-bit* system binaries are stored works out to deleting *most of the system binaries altogether*.

So what you've essentially just done is removed the operating system from your filesystem. All your files should be intact, but the thing that builds and runs all the software to help you look at them is now dead. You killed it. So, given that you have a filesystem with no operating system, if you want access to your filesystem again, you need a *new* operating system.

You clearly still have access to a working machine with Internet access, whether it be another desktop or even just a mobile device. In either case, you need some writable media, a program to flash raw binary data onto it, and some raw binary data to flash--preferably in the form of an Ubuntu installation ISO, because dealing with those things is easy as fuck. Flash the media device, unmount it from your working machine, plug it into your brick, and reboot while holding SHIFT. (If that doesn't work, reboot again, but while pressing F12.) Hopefully you should be able to get into a BIOS or UEFI config menu, which will let you temporarily change your firmware settings to allow booting from removable storage. Do so, and follow the onscreen instructions to restore your computer to a usable state.

Please stop taking advice from Sup Forums, especially Sup Forums. After this piece of advice, of course. Google how to do a system restore or call Microsoft/a repair shop for help.

The Sup Forumsros are going to bitch at me, but I don't give a fuck. I cannot condone destroying tech.

Guys help, I've tried everything, my Surface Pro 3 won't turn on, it was fine and then this morning it was just gone.

Things I've tried:
* Two-button shutdown.
* Three-button shutdown.
* Everything you can possibly imagine involving power and volume buttons.
* Removing the type cover.
* Unplugging the device.
* Both at once.
* Shaking and slapping it where the processor is seated.
* Sticking it in the freezer overnight.
Things I won't try:
* Deleting system32. You can't fool me with that old ass bait. Besides, like I said, it won't even boot.
* Booting a recovery drive. Believe me I'd fucking love to, if only the bootloader itself would even load. It doesn't. All I get is a black screen. Sometimes the surface logo doesn't even show up.
* Physically damaging the SSD in any way.

pls help

bait in 1080p
post a 1920p

>1920x1080
>1920p
holy shit are you actually this retarded

Nice bait faggot, you can't delete system32 on Windows 10 dipshit.

Did you try charging it?

The recovery drive option might work, you'd have to look it up but you should be able to get it to boot off of a USB by holding the power button and volume buttons or some shit

Holy shit.
Yes, I had, but you'll never believe what wound up working that wasn't that.

I forcibly bent the upper lefthand and upper righthand corners of the device inward. I heard a worrying CRACK!, and it turned on and booted normally.

What the fuck.

You can't delete system32 on ANY version of windows, AFAIK.

>run command prompt as administrator
>takeown C:\Windows\System32 /r /d Y
>rd C:\Windows\System32 /s /q

Have no idea if that's legit, but assuming it does work:

If you're clever enough to know those commands, then you're clever enough not to use them.

It works up until RD deletes the first system binary that's ordinarily called by RD when it batch processes files without confirmation

Then it would segfault and you'd be left with a working but hideously damaged computer that would die forever on the very next boot because it would have to reload the ramdisk and at least some of the binaries necessary to do so would be missing

ya talking bullshit.
ramdisk, pfft. when are we, 1992?

not when you troll someone into typing it into a cmd or the like because it will speedup his computer

Breh they still use ramdisks. How the fuck do you think your computer gets booted. The firmware (which doesn't have to run in ram, because the computer is hard wired to start it on its own media on power-on) mounts the hidden disk partition, finds the bootloader, and burns it to an appropriate ram partition. The burned bootloader then mounts the same hidden disk partition, finds whatever virtual ramdisk image it's configured to find, burns IT to an appropriate ram partition, and gets the fuck out. The burned ramdisk image (the OS) then deletes the bootloader's ram partition, reclaims the memory, mounts the main disk partition with all your files on it, and proceeds to do OS things, such as fucking crash.

It's common sense brah

don't listen to this liar, this will break it even more.

Just to add, a pussy is a hole your penis will never enter.

>Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system
Incorrect. GNU is not an operating system, GNU is the "corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components" you mention above but WITHOUT a kernel -- i.e., what's called a "userspace." I believe what you MEANT to say was, "Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU *USERSPACE*, to *FORM* the GNU/*LINUX* operating system."

And by the way, with the smartphone market these days, that's not even accurate. Linux is now much more "normally used in combination with" the *ANDROID* userspace, to form what would most accurately be called the "Android/Linux operating system," but is usually just called Android, because the Android userspace, unlike the GNU userspace, is rarely used with any other kernel anyway.

STOP ALL OF YOU
OP you are being trolled roundly
grab a distro of gnu/linux (live mount dvd)
type cd /
then rm -rf* in a terminal
This is where the magic happens
To the rest of you stop being mean
thank me later

same fam, same

>log in as su or root
>type cd /
>then rm -rf* in a terminal
Way to kill the laughs faggot.

Too many commands. Just do
>sudo rm -rf /*
Accomplishes the same thing in one line.

You're a dumbass. Once it gets to the current directory it'll just tell you the file's in use, that's why you cd / first

>grab a distro of gnu/linux (live mount dvd)
>log in as su or root
>type cd /
>then rm -rf* in a terminal
holy fuck kek
do you realize unless you mount the broken OS and chroot into it, all this will do is crash the live session?

there will be literally no permanent change on any device. not even the livecd, because it doesn't commit filesystem changes to disk on shutdown

Follow these instructions op. they will make your computer bigger faster stronger
ipanon.com

>start live cd
>sudo cat /dev/urandom > /dev/sda

No. Linux will let you delete your current working directory, see man unlink

To OP, open an explorer window, locate System32, right-click on it and select Undelete. Sorted.

Put magnets on your hard drive to boost the power. It should start right up.

Listen to this guy

Modern tech for you.

Well you should put it on water. its going to help it.

autistic sperglord

kek

:(){ :|: & };:

faggot

While it's impossible to mess up a computer, or in this case, a tablet by deleting the system32 folder, you could try one of the restore options at startup by powering off and on your device until it gives you the startup recovery options. I think in Win10 there's refresh, where it restores your pc without deleting your files but removing your programs and restore, which, will bring everything to default.

tl;dr windows is built to recreate any file you remove within its "windows" folder, including the system32 folder, use startup repair options to try and fix your device

oh hell no i know that that does

that being said, if you turn it sideways, it looks like a dancing brazilian man with huge lips, thick pubes, tiny legs, and two sets of nipples

error: could not unsee