*deletes entire discography because of how bad this album is*

*deletes entire discography because of how bad this album is*

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/exyydq.zip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That'll sure show 'em!

That's a little *****drastic***** isn't it?

Am I using the "*" correctly?

Why did they change the art style?

I love Gorillaz, DD is amazing and PB is one of my personal favorite albums of all time. I haven't listen to Humanz yet, but what I have listened to has been pretty shit, and the overall Trump bashing gets so annoying and lazy. I didn't wait 7 years to hear an anti Trump album and garbage pop rap. You can include political views - DD was full of it - but this is so over the top and preachy I hate it. Albarn isn't even fucking American.

Noodle is hot now tho, so it's not complete garbage.

To reflect the shitty-ness of its contents.

they change the art style each phase, and since it's been 7 years since the last phase, Hewlett's evolved his art style quite a bit.

As for the realistic looking covers, it's a part of the theme of the album. A lot of the art has them "humanized", where the characters are drawn over photographs. It's to show how they've evolved from gorillaz to humanz, almost make them a part of our world.

Thats cool and all but it looks like shit and sounds like shit so what was the point tbqh

What do you mean? You mean why they look more human? Take a guess.

it does look like shit, yeah. the point of gorillaz is to be a dynamic virtual band. Each album is distinct in it's style, musically and visually. Unfortunately, after 7 years, we have the worse rendition of both.

Beacuse the title is humanz jesus christ
So they gave them this weird "realistic" look insted of the carooney one, since they're supposed to be Humanz instead of Gorillaz

>Each album is distinct in it's style, musically and visually.

This is the first Gorillaz album to do neither of these.
It seems like they were content just copying what has already been around for the last 7 years,

Why is Keith Richards on that cover

this album is good though
solid 7/10

>This is the first Gorillaz album to do neither of these.
that's not true. s\t was a half parody of the music scene at the time. in any case, I meant in terms of Gorillaz albums. Also, the art style is fairly unique. But otherwise, yeah. The lyrics have seriously been shilled out by some comedian/musican/actor already.

lmao no

yes

my opinion>yours

>s\t was a half parody of the music scene at the time

I was young at the time but I always thought it was their s/t that brought trip-hop and alternative hip-hop to the mainstream for the 2000's.

>implying it isn't better than their last 2 albums
>implying you aren't jumping on the "I hate gorillaz" band wagon

Are you fucking kidding me? Explain why you like it. Most albums I don't like I can atleast see why someone would like it, but this is fucking terrible

>look at me I can meme

>praise Gorillaz constantly evolving/changing style
>call them shit when they try a style you don't like

Damon said he wanted to try making a club record. If you don't like that shit then that's fine. But don't get pissy that the guy wants to try some new stuff.

because fuck drumpf am i right?

this so much

>s\t was a half parody of the music scene at the time.

What? explain.

>a club record

>mfw they actually play this in the club

Anyone have the Gorillaz app here? Apparently clicking on the Window icon when choosing a room gives you a little compass to a "House Party" and a location, anyone moderately close to theirs? The location mine gives me is about 200 miles away so I don't have any interest in going to find out for myself

Im assuming the house parties are listening parties.

Blur > Gorillaz

Oasis > blur > Gorillaz

>implying implying

Blur > Gorillaz >>>>> dog shit >>>>> Oasis

iirc albarn and hewlett was fed up with the music scene so they made an album that would kind of defy the music scene. Instead of making it about the musician, a la Brittany Spears, the music would be about the music itself. The band itself was a parody of the music scene, as well as the music. Some of the songs were fairly unique, like Rock the House, but there were a few that were like 5/4 or Clint Eastwood that were parodies, kind of like Feel Good Inc later on

anyone who claims they like it is in the memes there's no possible way you can praise this 5/10 album

I'm actually kind of shocked by how bad this is, the only track I kinda like is "Let Me Out"...

shamelessly like We Got the Power and the Danny Brown song, but not much paste that

It's Liam Gallagher you jeb-end

singles were really underwhelming but I'm actually scared to listen to this now

I get the impression you guys get off on shitting on things other people like

*deletes title track

Can someone please spoof their location on their phone, and make a line in recording of the album that's on the app now so we'll have somewhat better quality?

Let Me Out is turning out to be a sleeper for me.

I didn't much care for it at first, but it's really growing on me.

I heard a few tracks but didn't like them. They did one with danny brown i ain't heard yet, that shit and good?

I like the PDM remix of Andromeda that was posted on YouTube today, other than that it's kind of just meh

I can't believe he insulted trump!!!??? WTF I HATE GORILLAZ NOW! it's like that NIGGER snoop Dogg all over again!

Submission is one of the better tracks
For me the album is a solid 7, the whole fuck Trump aspect is annoying but it's not that much of a problem

This. I can't take half these opinions seriously when it seems like Sup Forums is just mad it's anti trump so they're piling on

go back to plebit

Aside from how dumb it is to alienate half of the country because of political views, it's about the subtly. I support Trump, but I've been a huge fan of Gorillaz, even Dirty Harry, which is very anti Bush. But when he literally calls Trump a servant of Satan, it's hard to take seriously and enjoy. And the songs just sound bad. I get that Albarn tries new sounds, and I totally respect that, but it sounds like typical pop rap.

Yeah I got it
Pretty meh tbqh

>it's about the subtly. I support Trump, but I've been a huge fan of Gorillaz, even Dirty Harry, which is very anti Bush. But when he literally calls Trump a servant of Satan, it's hard to take seriously and enjoy.
There is no reference to Trump on this album. He's stated he edited any out, so now anything is subtle.

And as if Damon has never spoken publicly about how shit George Bush was

If you have an Android, there's apparently an app or apps you can use to spoof your gps location, that way, you don't actually have to go to that location.

M8 if musicians having liberal opinions takes you out of the music I have bad news for you...

Pathetic

>noodle is hot now
>went from edgy loli to bjork

>dude it's okay if he states his political views as long as they don't conflict with mine
fuck off

(Not the user you replied to)
I mean I'm a leftist but 27 tracks of someone talking about their political ideas sounds pretty boring to me.
Also gorillaz is supposed to be upbeat, saying things against anyone sounds too negative, I don't mind politically engaged metal cause it's an inherently negative and aggessive genre, but this is pop

>Edited it out
That edit was a fucking joke. Literally TV-tier censorship.
>[BEEEP] is gone, who is left to save us?
If you know what that sound originally was, you can't unhear it. You can't stop thinking about the fact that once the song openly said Obama/Trump.

I like political messages in songs, but this one is so shit and lazy. It has lost it timelessness because those electro-synth sounds will always stay as Obama and Trump to those who know the original lyrics.
Hallelujah Money does a much better job at its political message, even though it's not the best ("Wall" and "Far east" are too specific IMO).
And literally any other album does better in its political messages compared to this album because the others never address specific people or places or events (except 911 obviously).

One a side note, one problem I have with Let Me Out's political message (this is irrelevant to my earlier opinion) is that it's too easy to apply it to our current day and make BLM sound like the good guys.

Is that a phone ?

Think you might be exaggerating a bit there

It's a lighter

>because the others never address specific people or places or events

>"The war is over
>So said the speaker with the flight suit on"

>implying that's not addressing a specific event that actually happened
>Implying that line is that is remotely, at all, vague
If you can't figure that line is about George Bush immediately, you are either too young or fucking retarded.

When I said "address" I meant -directly- address. i.e saying "OBAMA IS GONE".

Retard.

Only song i really REALLY like so far is Saturnz Barz rest are decent but Ascension fucking sucks and we got the power

Dis

you said
>address specific people or places or events
>address events
that line is addressing an event that happened
>Retard
nice strawman you cuck.

Gorillaz seems to be more concerned with collaborating with whoever the hottest performers are out there on this album.

The same people that used to laugh at me in high school for liking G Sides, are now sharing the fucking Popcaan track on their News Feeds.

Fuck out of here with that contrived bullshit that nobody's going to remember in 6 months.

Remember Random Access Memories? Exactly.

Fuck Gorillaz.

>The same people that used to laugh at me in high school for liking G Sides, are now sharing the fucking Popcaan track on their News Feeds.
No, they probably laughed at you in High School for acting like the faggot you're acting like now because what you're saying is
>WAHHH MY SUPER SPECIAL SECRET CLUB IS NOW POPULAR WITH PEOPLE I DON'T LIKE! WAHHHHH

Is there something wrong with becoming disillusioned by something that used to be fun and exciting that has now become uninteresting and bland?

>Remember Random Access Memories ?
Yes I do. still listen to it every night.

ALL ME LOIFE ME EVER HAVE ME GUN SO ME HAFFI MOVE SHARP LIKE ME KNOIFE

I never see a "Bush" in that text.
I don't care if it's "not vague". I just told you Hallelujah Money wasn't that bad even with the "Wall" and "Far East".

Are you this retarded on purpose?

Yeah, you're becoming a sinical asshole.

>Becoming

I am one.

lol you are 12

How far do you make it through the Super Smash Bros. intro song cover before you skip ahead to Fragments of Time?

I hated his voice when I first heard it, but it grew on me.

However I had a listen to his solo stuff and I really don't like it so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>I don't care if it's "not vague". I just told you Hallelujah Money wasn't that bad even with the "Wall" and "Far East".
you're missing the point of me bringing up Dirty Harry.... I brought it up because you said:
>because the others never address specific people or places or events (except 911 obviously).
That's not true because Dirty Harry is another song that disproves your claim
And you never originally said "directly address". You moved the fucking goal post. I don't care what you "meant"
It's not what you originally said. If anyone's the retard, it's fucking you.

I don't know what you're talking about, but you really should give it a shot. It's really good.

>whoever the hottest performers are out there on this album.
>3 non-mainstream rappers
>Several literally who singers
>One autotuned jamaican

>I don't care what you meant
We have no reason to argue then.

I've given it more than a few shots.

I found it to be very over the top, dramatic, and overindulgent. Masturbatory is another word that comes to mind.

From a production perspective, it's impressive and it SOUNDS great.

Just kind of an example of what happens when you lose perspective on a piece after you just keep trying to add more and more to it. It ends up kind of mish-mashed and off-putting by the end of the album.

I've located a better quality version than the vinyl rip, but I don't know if it's a recording of the listening party or an actual rip. It's only 128kbps but it's better than that shitty rip. What's a good site I can upload a zip to and not have to worry about signing up.

Those are really poor edits. They just replaced it with a sound. If you know what he's talking about, you can't not hear it. Hallelujah Money stills referenced Trump pretty heavily- without explicitly saying his name. You don't have to say the name to reference it. That's not subtle.

And I know he spoke out against Bush. But I don't recall him making a song called "Don't Vote for George Bush"

I can listen to musicians with dissenting opinion, even if that is included in the art. But if it gets to a preachy level, that's when it gets bad. Frank Ocean dealt with social issues and it's good. I understand his point of view. Gorillaz on the other hand, just isn't as subtle.

I didn't say that. At all.

Thank you. Likewise, if someone made an entire pro Trump album, I'd probably be turned off by it. That sounds like a meme album.

zippyshare

alright, I'll up it after I tag it

my.mixtape.moe/exyydq.zip

isn't there the 320 from tpb, is it bad?

>Damon said he wanted to try making a club record.

And that explains why I hate this so vehemently.

pretty sure that's the awful vinyl rip

>45.5 MB vs. 112MB

It really is just a selection of dance tracks without much thought put into the order of the songs, or the album as an idea in and of itself.

bitrate and size doesnt matter at all if it's shittily ripped and has audio glitches

And I have never, at any point in my life, liked dance tracks. I still think DARE was a mistake to this day..

go back to your depressing sigur ros tracks then

>another beatles reference cover
>from the same fucking album

what the fuck

it's just Sup Forums holding a grudge because of 3 mentions to trump

both sides are fucking retarded tbqh

I can definitely understand that.

I just feel like somewhere on down the line, the whole project lost a little bit of the message it was trying to portray.

Like, word. A 50 minute album full of interludes and background music you'd hear at H&M or Zara or some shit.

>I still think DARE was a mistake to this day..
I don't agree with this at all, and I'm not even exactly a fan of dance music because I don't dance. But Dare is probably my favorite track because it's so fun to listen to while drunk. No wonder why Shaun Ryder was always drunk when he performed it.