Ghostbusters concert scene

This may be the worst scene I I have ever seen in a movie. So, the ghost pops out during the concert, which obviously isn't supposed to happen, and the band just keeps playing? They even acknowledge it by casually saying, "we have summoned Satan himself," but then they just keep going, as casually as if they were pointing out their new pyrotechnics. Does this kind of thing happen often enough that a giant demonic entity unexpectedly rising from the pits of Hell would not be an Earth shattering revelation? You'd just continue on with the concert as if a bird had flown into the rafters or something? And I fucking HATE that lead singer. What the hell sort of heavy metal band is this? He looks like he works at American Eagle. Is this honestly what Paul Feig thinks an Ozzy Osbourne concert looks like?

youtube.com/watch?v=13vRy6k0OV0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wnVH0s1c9yY
youtube.com/watch?v=bRBQZdBqoOU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Trying to monkey Go Ninja Go, probably.

>You want some more?
>You want some more?
>You want some mooooooore?
>You want some more.
Great lyrics, guys.

>Michael MacDonald's girl scream
classic.

jesus, mccarthy looks like they're destroying a cake

This scene is a total Scott Pilgrim VS The World Rip-Off.

Wtf I hate Ghostbusters now

>jesus, mccarthy looks like they're destroying a cake

I chuckled

I thought Leslie Jones character was supposed to be empowering.

Why does she play just your standard illiterate, stupid, South Dallas sheboon? It's kind of offensive.

that is some fuck awful CG

youtube.com/watch?v=wnVH0s1c9yY

>wasting time watching this shit
>wasting time typing up this shit

Now you are wasting my time. Time better spent in better threads than this.

stop posting your shitty video in every fucking thread

>that Ozzie cameo

that's some Epic Movie level bullshit

>better threads
>Sup Forums

>transferal watchamacall it
>everything the other female said is true

Does anybody actually believe any of those women could be that intelligent or competent?

I'm not saying all women are stupid, I'm just saying I'm not buying anything smart coming out of Melissa McCarthy's mouth.

Because limo liberals are actually twisted racists who blacks exploit for welfare checks and underage white girl pussy.

I don't buy it from any of them. Kate McKinnon is a fucking cartoon. They needed the deadpan snark of the original, that's what made the "sciencey" stuff work. This movie just comes of like any overly long SNL sketch. None of the characters are believable as people, let alone scientists.

Yeah, the original characters seemed like they could actually be smart people. There also is something about the gender thing, how often do you get all female groups of scientists like that, it's just unlikely.

Jesus Christ that looks awful, not even memeing

stop responding to the shitty video I post in every thread

Looks like this is from the "Real 3D" screening. A ton of the "3D" was complete shit. Granted, basically the whole film was shit.

Nobody cares about your depressed and dead voice, shitty recording equipment, and awful (((((((((((((((movie reviews))))))))))))))))))))

Maybe that's why you have 20 subscribers lmao. Keep wasting your time, fag. I'm sure you'll be bigger than Pewdiepie one day.

>band keeps playing through the whole ordeal, even when the amp wall gets knocked down which they surely would know is not part of the show
>stops just in time for the race/lady thing joke

>don't damage the building

It's literally a shittier version of the original first ghost-catching scene.

What kind of creature generates a dragon ghost? Aren't ghosts supposed to be the souls of living things? Why all the ghosts had these glow colors? It all looks like Scooby Doo.

Black one unironically seems like the only vaguely amusing thing in this shitfest when she's not screaming.

In the leaked Sony emails, Feig referred to it as a billion dollar idea: alien ghosts! You can even hear Patty say it in the scene, "Get in the trap you alien!"

In the Sony hacked mails there was Feig's pitch for the movie, which included alien ghosts, because other planets have ghosts too and Rowan can call them as well.

The directing is also really lazy, characters talk while stand in front of the camera and also when the earthquake announces the ghost tide and Wiig is on the road the cars don't even move a little bit, her hair stand still, windows do not shake. Like a long, long SNL skit.

How'd you like the Steven seagal tier editing of the ghost being hit by the subway train?

>Black one unironically seems like the only vaguely amusing thing in this shitfest when she's not screaming.

She is. The trailers unfairly show all the ANGRY YELLING scenes. I fully went in expecting to hate her, but she was the only one I liked.

>leslie falls on the floor and makes a thud
>all the other gurrls look at her and make that 90s "ooof" face

Really? Also, what the fuck is that band? Also, that band sounds like some lame pop punk band and not heavy metal like the visuals are indicating.

>In the leaked Sony emails, Feig referred to it as a billion dollar idea: alien ghosts! You can even hear Patty say it in the scene, "Get in the trap you alien!"

Omg this was how they were going to make a MiB-Ghostbusters shared universe right?

And in any case, we already had ghost aliens. Inter-dimentional beings.

>Is this honestly what Paul Feig thinks an Ozzy Osbourne concert looks like?
I'm pretty confident that the idea of going to a metal or even rock concert leaves Feig a complete nervous wreck.

I guess so. That's probably who the two government agents were who arrest them after they let the ghost out and it kills Bill Murray. They say that the government is fully aware of ghosts and has it under control, but they like the research the girls are doing and leave them alone as long as they keep it lower key.

Course, then they confront the ghosts with a standard army that gets possessed instantly. Made no sense, though again, in the leaked emails, Feig had the idea that they had their own massive experimental tank-mounted proton weapon, but it was going to malfunction and fail. They were also going to use ectoplasm to possess the army, but they scrapped that and had Rowan just blow his ghost odor on them.

>144 Million
How

What's Rowan's end game? He doesn't seem particularly villanous if the first thing he does when in posession of a group of armed soldiers is to make them dance.

Gratutious CG and overpaid talentless """""comedic actors""""""

People aren't comparing the movie to Pixels for no reason, user.

He's just a shut-in loser who's been picked on his whole life and gone crazy. He becomes obsessed with ghosts and Erin and Abby's ghost book and somehow uses her theories about ghosts in the book to design the devices he uses to summon ghosts and trap them in mirrors or something. They don't really explain it. He goes on about the fourth cataclysm and it seems to relate to the Zuul/Gozer stuff, but they don't explain it. Then he turns into a ghost and gets super powerful, and they don't explain it. He seems to just want to destroy things and torture people with ghosts.

Massive amounts of green screen and CGI. They over use it. It takes less time on screen when filming, but it eats up so much of the budget.

It's hilarious if you look back at older films and see how much they cost with today's inflation.

Ghostbusters 84 = 69 million
Predator = 31-38 million
RoboCop = 27 million
Return of the Jedi = 77-101 million
Phantom Menace = 166 million

So this forgettable throw away film cost twice the original film, more than Return of the Jedi, and 20 million less than Phantom Menace.

Regardless of how things end up, Feig should never be trusted with this much money again.

>scene where the fat one is thrown around like a rag doll trying to operate the proton pack which looks like it was randomly added to the movie to extend the running time

>Another angry manbaby
:^)

Meant to include

havent seen the movie but, I get the feeling you've never been to a metal concert.

Thanks for correcting that, user. I need (You)s or I die.

>a friend is super excited about this movie
>thinks it'll be the feminist cornerstone of cinema
>gets all ready with ghostbusters t shirt and other merch shit to wear to the screening
>goes to see the movie
>no reaction
>no comment
>no nothing after walking out of that theatre

And thus I witnessed a soulbroken person.

>there's a ghost in that thing, and I want it

There was nothing metal about that concert

>$89,570,413 worldwide
>Needs at least 500M to break even
Is this the biggest flop of the decade?

>When the fat one says "There's something strange in the neighbourhood"

Cringey

well it was probably a pretty gay concert yea, but if that sort of thing happened at say, Slayer or something similar, I would expect the crowd to cheer and continue thrashing.

Jesus christ that scene was hard to watch.

>He forgot Mars Needs Moms

>He seems to just want to destroy things and torture people with ghosts.
>and they don't explain it

you forgot something user.

RoboCop remake threw some throw back lines too. It's just embarassing. They don't naturally fit the universe. They're just "hey remember this cool line from a film you loved?" scenes.

Slayer fans would be confused and mildly enraged - that's more Iron Maiden theatrics-tier

>That acting
>That costume design
>That ghost design
>That CGI

>Not 47 ronin

They explain that he just wants to destroy things and hurt people, but they don't explain how he's doing what he's doing. He's just magically able to be a super-powered ghost and build hugely complex interdimensional barrier breaking machinery on the salary of a hotel janitor.

art dept really dropped the ball on this one

Precisely, they are using Hollywood as a practice run at rewriting history

Agreed, the scene with the mannequin was genuinely funny.

>black girl jumps in audience
>no one catches her because she's fat
>audience is expected to laugh at the fat joke

>make a similar fat joke on twitter
>banned

Ironically, the black girl was the most funny and tolerable part of the whole scene.

Also, she is so much of a stereotypical sassy black lady that this crosses into outright racism.

I don't really think this is a problem.
It's not 'heavy' science fiction where they're real concerned about the science of everything. It doesn't pretend to be.
I don't give a shit about Star Wars not explaining to me how a blaster or a light saber works, and if you did, then you're what ruined the prequels.

So, why is he pissed? Because he's shit on. You can tell all you need to know just by looking at him and how he interacts with people.
Whether he was always like that, or got to that point after being unfairly shit on isn't relevant.

the female Egon was annoying

>I don't really think this is a problem.

Character motivations are a big deal, especially the villain.

Rowan is super lame. Cannot hold a candle to Gozer or the cult.

The movie is like a really weird fever dream.

It feels like I've been on sick leave for the past three days from the flu, cooped up on the couch; like I fell asleep watching SNL reruns after Ghostbusters came on some network tv station and tossed and turned all night, occasionally waking up in a codeine haze to more shitty skits and not remembering how to turn the tv off.

>the female Egon was annoying
>implying she's anything like Egon
I will fucking kill you

You'd be pitching a fit if someone working a subway job spoke and acted like she had multiple STEM degrees.
But, honestly, I don't think she actually plays out like that if you actually watch the movie, rather than the trailer edit.
She's the most 'normal' of them all.

Did I see that chick from States of Undress too, or am I crazy?

Ya do know they didn't invent shit like Slimer for this, right?

Just wants to take the world down like a typical /r9k/ shit

And?

Yeah, Egon didn't dance around like a fucking idiot.

>And?
I just would have appreciated a throwaway line at any point that explained it. Like "his spirit was charged by the interdimensional ghost tech" or something. They just left a lot of random stuff without even a quip about why they were there or how they worked.

He's not amazing, no, but I think he was explained just enough to where it made sense considering the tone of the movie.
What else do you want, the science of it? I've explained that I don't think it'd fit. Or, did you want some kind of flash back, altercation, something to show why this little ragequitter is pissed?

He's an asshole and thinks he's smarter than everyone, and causes his own problems. He's the prototypical 'nice guy'.
If you want a whole other villain, that's something else, but with what we got, that all they could logically do.

Yeah, that's fine.
How do Tie Fighters work? I dunno. I don't care, and it doesn't matter.

There's a time and place for dry sci-fi. There's a lot of movies that benefit from it, but this wouldn't be one of them.

>Rip off Doctor Who youtube.com/watch?v=bRBQZdBqoOU
>Add zany American over the topness to it
>Spend 145 million on it and have worse effects
>Have zero payoff and no justification for it at all
>Cuts to a concert hall that'd not have mannequins anyway

What a clusterfuck of lazy writing and editing. I don't even want to begin with analysing the bulk of that clip, I'm already done.

i was more reffering to the wroting rhytme with "dont explain" than that they vague explain his motivation or why he is able to do so.

Did you have a stroke writing this?

In 1984, before the internet was invented or most of the people who scream on it were born, there was a movie about nerds eradicating ghouls in New York City, full of Dan Aykroyd and barely concealed gay panic, as was the style of the time. It was about men fighting ghosts. In it Sigourney Weaver, one of two characters with boobs and a name, became possessed by a sex ghost. A dog ghost chased Rick Moranis. Later a giant ghost made of marshmallow exploded all over the place. To recap: It's a movie about men fighting ghosts.
Ghostbusters has been retrofitted into a paragon of comedy by the angriest corner of the internet, the one where movies are so powerful they can go back in time to ruin childhoods instead of stopping 9/11 or global warming.Ghostbusters is—actually— a just-OK comedy featuring a wacky sidekick named "Slimer" that's remembered like the first season of Saturday Night Live, which is to say historically inaccurately as hilarious.

This is also a business that has historically undervalued women, from talent above and below the line, to the ones making up fully half of the audience. Therefore each runaway woman-led success—Thelma & Louise, The Hunger Games, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Pretty Woman, The Silence of the Lambs, every McCarthy-Feig collaboration from Bridesmaids to Spy—is considered a fluke. When that actor or director or team's next film doesn't capture lightning again, those women are immediately cast off as failures. Women can't carry action films or lead comedies or not have a man to balance them out, ever again. Until the next "fluke."

Early reviews are mixed; like its predecessor, Ghostbusters is likely a just-OK comedy that someday could be retrofitted as a paragon of rebellious comedy. For now, it's a movie about people fighting ghosts.

I hate comedies where it feels like the characters talk too much.
Movies where literally keeping silent would make for a funnier moment.

egon tried to be 4th wall deadpool funny and wasnt adhs fuelled Homer(Simpson)-esque
Sometimes her scenes felt from simpsons or family guy

This sounds like something straight out of Bitch, but I agree wholeheartedly.

How amazing is it that this, this movie, of all things, has kept Fembusters down for it's entire run? It has never once made more money than Pets.

Guess they can't shoot them in the dick.

yes, you are right.

The scene when they're fighting the ghosts is so much worse. That fucking roll holy shit. Or when the fat one slides a ghost into a bunch of other ones and yells "slapshot". So fucking awful.

You can deny it all you want, or absolve yourself from being one of them, but there are triggered man babies who refuse to see the movie on reputation alone. Whether it's MRA retards or 'muh childhood' retards, they're flat not seeing it.
There's also a lot of parents that don't want to bring their children to see something that might be too 'scary' for them. (Which you'd laugh at, I heard a couple kids on the way out talking about covering their eyes during the first scene.)

Pets is a child's movie first and foremost, so not only are you getting the kid's ticket, but also at least one parent who's seeing it with them.
Beyond that, no shit, it's a perfectly safe movie to take your kid to, to get out of the summer heat. There's nothing preventing people from seeing it 'morally', there's no adult content to worry about, and it's animated.
Guaranteed money maker during the summer.

I mean, seeing pets is more appealing to me so it's not that surprising.

No wh.......argh
My hearth

Just lazy written, too quick with posting.
I tried to do a Feig homage.

But right, damn, i fucked up this post

>refuse to see the movie on reputation alone
that's the main reason not to see something you retard

>but there are triggered man babies who refuse to see the movie on reputation alone. Whether it's MRA retards or 'muh childhood' retards, they're flat not seeing it.

Companies are not entitled to people see their films. They have to make films that interest people. If I don't want to see a film, I wont'.

No.
The main reason not to see something is your own opinions on the trailer and film concept.
There is a difference between seeing a trailer and thinking 'Not for me' and not seeing it because it's a remake alone, or because you think women are ruining cinema.

People are treating Ghostbusters or not as picking a side. It's bullshit. On both sides.
If you go see Ghostbusters because 'OMG, it's gonna be the most feminist movie ever!' you're just as bad, but at least you're going to see it and know the film as it is objectively, rather than 'taking a stand against the SJWs' and assuming you know how it plays out from the trailer.

Paul Feig was a fucking blast on @midnight. I was surprised.

OP, here. I've actually been to about 6 Ozzy Osbourne concerts. It's why I pointed it out. Granted, that's not a brag, Ozzy hasn't been good (or clinically alive) since the mid 1980's, but it's something I've done.

reminds me of Big Bang

You've missed the point.
If you don't think it's going to be funny, that's fine, but the main complaints here are some nebulous fight against 'the feminists' and that's fucking silly.
There are legitimate reason not to enjoy Ghostbusters, but going along with pack mentality because Uncle Milo said so is not one of them.

>Scene after the big battle
>Not even a single broken window in the entire city

Was there an explanation for this? I must have missed it.

Miss the
>no reboot, be creative
crowd
Or the
>Angered by Sony
Crowed
And the
>want to see a good movie at least from te studios
crowed

And you are right, GB16 tries to be a kids and adult film and therefore puts both big groups down. Or with kids, their parents.

Women in general aren't ruining cinema. These women however? Are. They are the reason why there aren't strong women in movies. They play to the lowest common denominator.