I don't get it

i don't get it.

can someone explain the ending? why did Batman laugh like an idiot?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1_r-qsxGiKY
youtu.be/fZf7R9NHv4M
youtu.be/99b5N70awxY
youtu.be/2ekqilYKvBQ
comicbook.com/blog/2013/08/17/the-killing-joke-script-proves-batman-didnt-kill-the-joker/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

THAT'S THE JOKE(R)

He finally got the joke.

Why did the animated version look so fucking awful?
Did they outsource it to Korea on a 10 dollar budget?

Apparently Moore's intention was that he was simply laughing at the ridiculousness of their situation but that's not the interpretation I like.

In the comics, the laughter stops abruptly, which a lot of people took to mean he killed the joker.

Personally I see it like this. Joker does all this sick shit specifically to break Batman and Gordon, he wanted them to go mad like him and probably honestly would have been thrilled if they tried to kill him in some insane rage but they didn't. Neither of them are broken by what he does, Gordon wants him brought in by the book and Batman even offers to help him after all he's done. But Joker turns him down and then in his joke reveals that he will never accept help, he's the patient who's scared to jump; he doesn't believe he can make it to the other side so he won't try.

Batman laughs because in the end it wasn't the Jokers horrible actions but rather that joke that finally gave him the reason to kill him. That joke let him know that he can't be helped because he doesn't want it/doesn't believe it will work.

>a lot of people took to mean he killed the joker
Only Grant Morrison's faggoty ass

The story is really stupid if he doesn't kill him.

"Lol bro we are both so crazy!" Is a stupid ending.

>The story is really stupid

It's capeshit after all

The Killing Joke is absolute garbage. So over-rated it literally hurts. Hopefully, a film version gets the whole thing fixed.

Heavy stuff.

Did Batman really kill the Joker? It looks like he was just grabbing his arms while laughing together. I thought the last three panels show how little difference there are between Batman and the Joker and that they're both crazy (as in the two crazies in the joke).

>"Lol bro we are both so crazy!" Is a stupid ending.

The last two panels are literally the yellow line between them dissolving in the rain.

Hate the story all you want but that's what it is about.

That was apparently Moore's intention but I think its really stupid. The story is better if he kills him at the end. If there was ever a time to do it that was it cause he just told him "hey I'm never gonna change and can't be helped, I won't accept it."

I accept that it was Moore's intention but its dumb.

It doesn't fit the rest of the story. Its not a "batman is crazy" story its a story about him learning he can't save everyone.

Serious question. Is the animation in the final film as shitty as the trailer? Like that shot of Batman walking down the hall in Arkham is shit.

Well I doubt he killed him because the shooting and paralysis of Barbara is canon and Joker was running around for years. The killing joke isn't an elseworlds story like TDKR.

yeah I was kind of triggered too, the art style of the book should have been used

Yes sir it is.

Yea its pretty bad. Some people really hate the prologue too though I didn't have a problem with it. The voicework is good though and they stick very close to the text in the book.

why was the animation so shit? is paying hammill and conroy that expensive?

Because the joke is funny, I guess? Especially given their situation. The entire point of the joke is how bonkers it is to expect one crazy person to be able to actually help another crazy person.

Maybe you just don't get it.

Joker lives and later goes on to kill the 2nd Robin.

At least it's Conroy doing Batman. Peter Weller absolutely ruined TDKR animated films.

When The Killing Joke first was released, it wasn't intended to be canon, it was just a little side-story. It ended up being so popular that it became canon, however.

>The story is better if he kills him at the end

So the story is better if Joker wins, is what you're saying.

why doesn't batman just kill the joker

Like this? A fucking fan did this.
youtu.be/1_r-qsxGiKY

The last time DC animation was good was The New Frontier.

>he doesn't think the inmate would keep the light on to save his partner
idiot

Joker wins if batman goes mad but killing him after telling him he won't change is perfectly reasonable.

No, it's not. The trailer had also motion applied to it which is why it looked crappy at times, like the thing you mentioned

>also motion
slo motion

can batgirl still fuck

She probably wouldn't feel it

Can anyone say for sure if the Joker rapes Batgirl? If not what is considered most likely to have happened?

because he finally realized what he had to do, and that was to rape the Joker

yes wow that looked so much better

>is perfectly reasonable.

And Batman's insane. Remember? The man dresses like a bat and spends millions of dollars on high-tech equipment so that he can comb the streets of Gotham and beat up thugs.

Batman doesn't want to *fight crime*. He could do that far more effectively as a legitimate detective or cop or lawyer or even just an eccentric billionaire who gave huge donations to the police. Even as a vigilante he'd have far more effect on Gotham's crime rate if he focused on gang leaders and mafia dons.

But he doesn't. He spends his nights combing the streets for random low-lifes, thugs, and muggers. Because Batman doesn't really want to fight crime. Batman wants to save the parents of an 8-year-old boy.

I rememeber some comic page where Batgirl just finished banging Nightwing and she jokingly says: "I don't know what you did but I can't feel my legs"

She definitely still bangs

>spending money on shit like this

L M A O
M
A
O

It's a fucking cartoon of a comic book. Kill yourself nerd.

>the boring old ''batman is insane'' meme

Kill yourself

Yea honestly I think asking the question of is he crazy? Why is he really doing this? Is good but all the "you know he's really just like the joker" people are cancer.

Batman walks the line and I think it's a challenge for him not to make things personal and he probably asks himself everyday am I really doing good or am I just a kid who couldn't get over the death of his parents? But its asking those questions that's interesting, seeing him struggle with it and overcome. Just going "lol he cray cray" is stupid.

It's a meaningless question that doesn't advance the character. Every single super hero character is ''crazy'' if you pretend they are real people in the real world.

Why was Kevin Conroy so fucking bad?

He literally trailed away at the end of some lines

I only thought he was off at the start. Hamill did very well IMO.

The relationship talk with faux Joker was so fucking stilted I cringed.

And Hamill was great as always yeah

Wait what the fuck happens in those last three panels? A car pulls up and turns its lights off? Why?

Sun reflecting off the puddle

Zooms in on part of puddle without sunshine reflecting

Literal lights go out/end of show

Batman is already crazy so a crazy guy saying he can rescue an even crazier person is a stupid idea. He was making fun of Batman's offer to rehabilitate him.

The light user. Look at the light.

It got turned off as someone was halfway across it between the buildings.....

What's the car in the background pulling up to them, then? Why does the WEEEEEEEE end suddenly?

It's funny that you can even walk on a beam of light in the first place. Also, trusting a crazy person to actually help you in the first place make it across.

>tfw the comic has some of the most beautiful art in comic books
>movie looks like a low low budget unaired episode of a failed mid 2000s cartoon

Why no love for Gods and Monsters? 10/10 movie, even made me feel at the end. Kirkbat is best bat.
youtu.be/fZf7R9NHv4M

No it doesn't since right before that scene batman says he wont hurt him retard. Also Moore already said Gant's theory is wrong.

Dark knight returns 1 and 2, under the red hood had much better animation than this

>If you kill the Joker, he wins

Get out of here, Trudeau

It's an amberlamps

Suppose the Weeeeeeee fading is either it winding down or meant to emulate it fading out and the rain getting louder

Grants theory might be "wrong" but I'm saying its better. I acknowledge Moore's intentions I just don't like them. And he said he didn't want to hurt him and offered help but joker rejected him.

Its the same as in dark knight. Joker wants to prove all humans need is a bad day and they will kill and be evil. As shown with 2 ships and one hit button to save themselves. Gordon proves joker wrong because he doesn't break. Batman doesn't break either unless buy gant's theory. The joke itself was just making fun of how isane batman's proposal is that he can be rehabilitated

The killing didn't even make any sense. Batman's hands are on joker's shoulders and not even close to his neck.

GOAT fight scenes. Heads up, spoilers. Wish I could find a clip of the Batman/Will Magnus fight
youtu.be/99b5N70awxY
youtu.be/2ekqilYKvBQ

killing joker is worse because batman doesn't kill period. Also, nothing suggested batman was getting angry over joker's antics to the point he would break retard. Also that ending is perfect because you would never expect joker to get batman to laugh. It's also same as last confrontation in the dark knight when joker said we will be doing this for a long time. Joker and Batman need each other.

>hobo superman trying not to go for fatal blows
>while vampire batman is snapping necks and sucking peoples blood or just punching his fist through them
I am sure the plot makes sense of this.

Your neck is not that far from your shoulders user.

>Why did the animated version look so fucking awful?

Pretty much all DC animation looks like shit, you would have to be a retard to expect something different with TKJ.

comicbook.com/blog/2013/08/17/the-killing-joke-script-proves-batman-didnt-kill-the-joker/

/thread

>joker and batman need each other

No that's the stupid interpretation. Joker rejected help and told him he can't/won't change. Killing him was perfectly reasonable. Only people who like the "bro they're like the same, they're both so crazy!" interpretation would want joker to live and only pseudointellectual edgelords believe that shit.

But he should have. Moore is a hack. Killing him is the better story.

He only leans on him because he is laughing so hard. Also batman is choking joker to death while cops are right there? Please user.

>Pretty much all DC animation looks like shit
>BTAS
>shit

kys senpai

Script-writer is not the only one creating the comic.

is this an epic new meme or something?

OMFG CAN WE STOP THE BATMAN DOESN'T KILL MEME PLEASE

Grow up its fucking 2016, Batman kills now if he gets pushed that far.

He's more like idealized police, where he kills but tries to keep it to a bare minimum.

He is NOT 100% pacifist mode anymore.

Kiss my ass, Flashpoint looked great, Batman usually looks great, that isn't even an objective opinion.

alan moore wrote the entire thing so he does get to decide.

This isn't 2016 batman in the first place. It's 1988 batman you fucking RETARD. Jesus Christ you idiots are annoying.

No one said he was pacifist. It's the simple fact that he didn't kill joker at the end. It wouldn't make any sense for him to do it. He showed no sign of doing it. No dead body lying on ground from being choked to death. The cops literally pulling up on them so they would have witnessed it.

>He is NOT 100% pacifist mode anymore.

A pacifist wouldn't even throw a punch.

Batman not killing is a fundamental part of the character. The current year has nothing whatsoever to do with it. Leaving aside all the moral and ethical issues, Batman doesn't kill for a simple reason: a Batman willing to kill has no reason to ever let the Joker live, and DC is never going to kill off their most popular supervillain. Comics may have a reputation for bringing folk back from the dead all the time but even they know that doing it over and over again would be damn repetitive.

>he does get to decide
And sadly he made a poor choice

It's an AU where characters who would typically be villains are the heroes. Zod's son is Superman instead of Jor-El's, Big Barda is Wonder Woman and Kirl Langsttom is Batman.

No he made the right choice. Batman's resolve is suppose to be unbreakable. Did you not watch under the redhood? If his own former robin couldn't get him to kill than no one can. Don't have you better things to do than throw out your stupid theories Gant?

zod has a son?

Are we going to talk about the part where Batman fucks his best friend's teenage daughter

>Can anyone say for sure if the Joker rapes Batgirl? If not what is considered most likely to have happened?

He does for sure in the animated film. That's why they went out of their way to add the part where Batman interrogates prostitutes who say the Joker normally sees them before it's even in the news he escaped and that maybe he found "another girl" this time.

Anyone who says Batman didn't kill the Joker at the end is probably autistic. All the subtext points to that being the punchline. Joker tries so hard to prove he can make someone snap and the Batman foreshadows from the beginning how he's worried about one of them finally killing the other. So it turns out Gordon wasn't the one who snaps but Joker was still right because he indirectly makes it happen with Batman. Batman tries one last time to get him and the Joker off that course and the Joker explicitly refuses, so Batman gives into the situation and kills him. Grant Morrison is 100% right about this particular story even though Alan Moore hates him.

I mean the fucker is batshit craz, if bats understands that after this one shitty joke maybe he's not the greatest detective

Where he lives is so corrupt that only way he thinks that he can help is with being Batman. This shit with Bruce Wayne being insane is really dumb i think. He has problems sure but he is not totally crazy.

>fundamental part of the character
Nolan Fags are Batman cancer.

Its not "being broken" when he has a perfectly rational reason for doing it and that's what joker gave him.

I think really what it comes down to is whether or not you believe batman is crazy like the joker and they "need each other" and all that shit or you believe he really is a hero. If you believe he's a hero he killed him, if you think they're both just sick in the head really then I guess saying they just shared a laugh and agreed to do it again sometime sounds good to you.

Sort of. In this story, it was Jor-El and Lara's DNA that was put in the pod instead of baby Clark. However, Zod busted in and stuck his DNA in there instead of Jor-El's.

Batgirls voice was hot. Am I the only one who wanted to rape her?

>wanting to rape a tranny

no, the crazy villain did too

Yeah, that's a version of Batman that hasn't been canon since the 1950s. Earlier, even.

>This shit with Bruce Wayne being insane is really dumb i think

Really? I like it. But then I have a pet project of mine where every single Batman villain can be linked to one or more form of insanity or mental disorder, so having Batman also have one of those makes everything come together nicely.

At least since the 1980s-90s, with the publication of comics like The Killing Joke and Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth, themes of sanity verses insanity have been a major part of Batman lore.

>If you believe he's a hero he killed him

The word you're looking for is "murderer", not hero. Heroes do not kill foes who surrendered into their custody, and Joker had done exactly that.

>being a gay

He was a pretty cool villain desu senpai

He rejected help and pretty much told him he can't/won't ever accept help. There's nothing wrong with killing him at that point. Also Batman himself said he felt it was inevitable one of them will kill the other and he just wanted to make sure he'd tryed to talk to him first, he tried and joker rejected him.

Blame Morronson

If anyone's curious, by the way:

- Batman: Monomaniacal obsession with violent death.
- Joker: Any insanity; take your pic.
- Riddler: Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Two-Face: Split personality disorder
- Penguin: Sociopathy
- Catwoman: Kleptomania
- Mr. Freeze: Manic depression
- Poison Ivy: Misanthropy
- Ra's al-Ghul: Megalomania
- Scarecrow: Phobia (all)

batman wont kill him because he already explained this with jason todd. You haven't seen many batman animated movies I'm guessing.

>'and he replies "do you think i'm insane? I'd get halfway and then you'd turn off the torch and I'd fall to my death"'
>do you think i'm insane
>they're escaping a mental asylum, of course he's insane
>mfw no one in this thread got the joke

I have seen under the red hood. Killing joker at the end of this story makes sense though. I know that can't be the canon ending I'm just saying I think its the better story.