Niggas On The Moon

Why was it so overlooked?
It's such a bold record. Especially for Death grips.

lol how is it bold

its too dense even for DG

Too many Bjork Samples

Jenny Death was much better

Thats abt it.

It's the first of DG's records to play with a positive, upbeat sound like on Billy Not Really and Black Quarterback. The use of Bjork's voice as samples on every track is a super interesting use of sampling in a genre that was built on interesting uses of samples.

The lyrics are some of the weirdest and most abstract DG have ever delivered, fealing more dream-like and weird than your average violent death grips lyric

This is what pure shit taste looks like

Jenny Death is pee pee compared to notm

Nah.

it's the best one they ever made and it should have been it's own album

This is what pure shit taste looks like

notm is pee pee compared to Jenny Death

If they would have kept releasing stuff like this and GP, they'd be the true GOAT of all time

Niggas was the pinnacle of their sound.

Plebs will disagree.

Voila is the best song they ever made.

Jenny Death isn't as good.

one time i was rollin on adderall and I listened to voila on repeat for a few hours

no desire to listen to the album or the gripz anymore tho

Literally every song on NOTM:
>syncopated synth drone with chopped vocal samples
>ride delivering slightly off-beat pseudo-deep lyrics over the top
>sometimes everything cuts out except the drumming to emphasise ride's lyrics
>repeat ad nauseum

WOW 10/10 AOTYAY

Oh you mean african americans on the moon?

>not understanding the lyrics
>not understanding why the delivery is goat
>not understanding what a symphony is
>not understanding how percussion works
>not understanding how they evolved the sound over the years
>not understanding what the album is saying about the group

>Thinking Exmilitary 2.0 is better than a completely new and interesting sound
wasted dubs, bone yourself

>>not understanding the lyrics
>>not understanding why the delivery is goat
Feel free to explain.
>>not understanding what a symphony is
>>not understanding how percussion works
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>not understanding how they evolved the sound over the years
>>not understanding what the album is saying about the group
Irrelevant to the actual quality of the music.

What did NOTM do that was new or interesting?

A combination of Ride's best ever writing and Zach's greatest experiment with sound.

Oh dont expect a Death Grips fan to have a valid opinion on music or explain anything. They're only good at greentexting and acting immature.

This is why no one takes DG fans seriously

Only considering the DG discography it's unlike any other album they've ever done, except maybe Government Plates

If by Exmilitary 2.0 you mean an expansion and refinement of Exmilitary's sound incorporating more progressive song structures, greater importance placed on melody and a generally higher level of experimentation

ExMil was far more experimental than JD. Exmil's sound was truly unprecedented, JD's sound was preceded by ExMil. It's pretty straightforward Electronic Hip Hop with a punk drift

>Billy Not Really
>positive, upbeat
Billy Not Really is the literal sound of mental illness

NOTM is one of my favourite Death Grips releases. I think why it's overlooked is its Death Grips shortest album - it doesn't feel quite as much like a fleshed out idea or concept like their other albums do. It was also released at a time when everyone wanted Jenny Death, and just assumed NOTM was a bit of a throway to keep fans happy I think.
I love the Bjork sampling, it's oddly catchy and fitting. I think it features some of Zach Hill's best drumming too.

Now now Billy, not really
Now now Billy, not really

It's a catchy hook, even if the subject matter is dark it's still more upbeat and bouncy than most DG songs.

As a whole, yeah, but Jenny Death's top songs are better than NOTM top songs.

Fucking hate how much shitty guitar they used on JD

>more upbeat and bouncy than most DG songs
>Bottomless Pit exists

NOTM is really popular here. It flows into itself perfectly and has great songwriting start to finish.

Jenny Death gets a lot of hate for essentially being a rock album, but its just as great. At least 3 of their best songs ever are on JD.

I'll give you that, but NOTM came before bottomless pit.

billy not really is the best dg song
>source: listening from the beginning

>tfw Death Grips will never release a song as beautiful and otherworldly as Billy Not Really EVER again

name them

not that guy but for me it's Pss Pss and On GP and the rest are either decent or garbo

Beyond Alive
Inanimate Sensation
On GP

and I thought I was in the minority

It's not their best song but it is probably the best on the album

On GP
Anime Sensation
Why A Bitch Squadalah

>Every movement after sudden movement, déjà vu abductee
>Sucky sucky
>Sticky psyche touching so many sensory
>Dripping, dripping, dripping, splashing, splashing happening

Inanimate Sensation
Pss Pss
On GP

why did they even release BP????????

Beyond Alive is probably their worst song
maybe Fuck That is a bit worse

Two shit opinions

>Meme Grips

>Fuck That
You are not my pal

Every track on BP is great.

they really aren't tho

I heard the first 2 songs and turned it off.

>How can you not know? So which is it: love or hate?
>You'd rather not know why shit won't lit, fucks hesitate
its genius

I'm sorry you have such limited taste, since both of those tracks are outstanding.

Nah they were bad

NOTM is without a doubt the best Death Grips release. It is driven by the unstoppable energy of the Money Store with the heavy experimental tendencies of NLDW, their two next best. The Bjork sound experiment could have easily compromised their sound but instead it elevates it. it gave them the freedom to muck about with pop melodies layered underneath their signature sound. The pacing and length make for an explosively dense package.

If you actually sit down and listen to Jenny Death you're doing it wrong, you're supposed to put it on at a party and get fucked up

>implying you aren't supposed to blast it through headphones while alone in your room and autistically dancing about until you hit your shin on something

All Falls Down
We Don't Care
School Spirit

There's a lot of attention to detail in JD that you should actually pay attention to.

Nobody will listen to your shitty meme music at a party

Jenny Death sounds like a fucking Rage Against the Machine album you fucking pleb. NotM is so much better

Death Grips plays at least once at pretty much every party I go to

What's it like to be literally retarded

>record
It's an album.

Not him, but at a party, I once got Death Grips, Smashmouth, Brain Drill, Brujeria, Sarcofago, and KK Null played at a party

Also the most recent party I went to. I took over the DJ spot as he got monumentally drunk and literally played the same song by the shitty manlet crunk meme rapper (East Side Soulja-XXXT) on repeat for 40 minutes and nobody noticed because they were either on their phones or too drunk to care

Go enjoy your nu-metal you outrageous faggot

Up my sleeves is amazing and I consider it one of their best songs. Everything else off NOTM is just okay to good.