So how do you feel about these 7 exoplanets NASA discovered from which 3 of them are in a habitable zone?

So how do you feel about these 7 exoplanets NASA discovered from which 3 of them are in a habitable zone?

Other urls found in this thread:

xenology.info/Xeno/8.2.2.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pretty tight shit dude

life confirmed in less than 5 years. I take bets.

Neat, but being more than 40 lightyears away is a bummer. Unlikely any human will set foot on them for a few centuries.

Some boring shit like one clump of bacteria on the entire planet and they eat minerals from the rock they live on to survive

That would be revolutionary though. I hope we're the only life and we get to infect the universe with our hatred.

Yeah man i feel you. The best we could think of so far i an ion engine that could develop speed around 6% of light speed. That's depressing.

all of them are good for life not 3
but holy fucking hell that system is tiny

if only drump allocated the 25 (?) billion to nasa instead of the wall maybe we would know more sooner

Important find for humanity if we ever have the ability to get there in the millions of years it would take to reach them.

Nope. 3 of them are.

I think we should invade immediately. God only knows what they're planning

Not OP, but I did read that the closest couple to the dwarf are likely too hot, and last likely too cold. 3 are in perfect range.

and yet, that would be the biggest discover of our entire history.

Aliens live in mexico tho

trump just enforced a travel ban.

for what life form ?
imagine some tough mofo from a volcanic planet looking at earth "holy fuck its so cold even iron turns solid - life impossible" and some icy fag from very cold planet "holy fuck earth is so hot nitrogen boils - life impossible"

Let's put it this way, 3 of them could sustain a liquid water.

but theyve already found mineral eating microbes on mars

How do you think basic biology works? Same rules apply everywhere for carbón based lifeforms

There's no life outside of world and the earth.

And by no circumstances there's no way a life could become of an liquid iron nor solid state ice, let alone solid state methane.

No they didn't.

how you know ?

increase pressure if you wanna make water stay liquid when its too hot

Well why wouldn't be possible for life to develop inside of a star, right? Get real. Life needs liquid water.

Good point

We used to believe that life required oxygen and water. We now know different.

There's lots of extremophiles on Earth. Life could even exist in the gas clouds of space.

>Life needs liquid water.
Bullshit. Life on Earth, yes, but any solvent could potentially be used for life elsewhere.

Ammonia for one.

If that's true, why there's no life on Mars or Venus or Jupiter?

Beats the shit out of the tendies and good boy point "life" that infests here.

but thats a fake barrier with that "habitable zone" , thats just guessing and abstract , even jupiter says "fuck you" cuz one of the moons europa probably has a giantic liquid water ocean under global glaciers

Maybe this zero point energy drive will be real. I have a feeling it is an error in understanding or readings at this point.

The key element is "water", again.

It's thought that there could be.

On Mars, if it's there, it's most likely microbial life deep underground that work chemosynthesis. We don't know enough about Venus or Jupiter. Jupiter's moons are thought to be some of the best possible places.

Ugh, yeah. They did user.

xenology.info/Xeno/8.2.2.htm

Scroll down to: Table 8.4 Physical Constants for Xenobiochemical Solvents

You should go back to chemistry son. Water is a pretty unique solvent. I would bet on silicone based life before betting on life utilizing ammonia to the exclusion of water.

Link to proof then, you retard. You can't just say shit on the internet and expect us to take your word for it.

Most retarded comment thus far in this thread. That there's a possibility doesn't necessarily mean it is always the case.

venus and mars are too much dead in this moment to afford any bigger animals , earth will die like that too in the future and maybe then some civilization based on methane will grow on saturns moon titan and explore solar system and they will say "no fucking way there was ever life on earth - no liquid methane"

Again, you're thinking of life on Earth. On a planet without water, it's possible for other solvents to suffice.

Water is the best option, but that doesn't mean that in the absence of water, life wouldn't find another way.

See

Do you have a link to a peer-reviewed study published in a reputable journal? Not that proof would stop people from arguing about something, I'm just curious.

That's just bullshit made up by globalist nasa in order to perpetuate the status quo by making it appear that we are """advancing""" scientiwfically. All to hide the fact that the Earth is ofcourse flat. They could have said a billion planets and idiots still would have believed them.

maybe water is one of easiest ways to make life going but notice how fragile is life on earth , one asteroid or a bigger volcano may get rid of it

To discover evidence of life on a planet more than 40 light years away is like facebook-stalking your crush and finding out she likes the same bands as you. Imagine your life together; you will never get married and live happily ever after. Imagine what those life forms are like; you will never interact with them.

>idiots still would have believed them
Big words from an idiot

Show me stable molecules that encode information and can self replicate not based off of carbon and relying on waters unique properties. Then go collect you Nobel prize in chemistry. You are talking out your ass m8. Maybe silicone can stand in for the carbon in some possible scenario, at least the basic premise works, but fuck off.

It is far better to be thought an idiot and remain silent then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

The earth is flat. This is just another NASA lie.

>Says they're big words.
Yep, you must be the idiot.

lol @ u retard

it was long time ago , some rover was doing 2 experiments about it , one experiment has confirmed theres some shit living , second experiment gave negative result (because it was planned wrong and killed the shit) , so the official nasas answer was "nah"

I don't think that means what you think it means, user.

What about the sulphur based life in sub ocean volcanic springs? Think they give a fuck about your faggot ass temperate climate?

I think you'll find that you're the idiot.

We were talking about possibilities, not fact. Until we find life that utilizes something other than water, we can't say for certain either way.

Your autism is showing.

this.

Element
Water

Its not alchemy, fucktard

>Aliens live in mexico tho

Call the MIB...

This paper is full of chemistry that haven't been advanced since the 80's using by in large elements and combinations we know through astronomical spectral analysis are uncommon. Occums razor.

Maybe there is a small prion like cesium based "life" on some place in the universe it is a huge place but they ain't making radios.

BUILD A WALL!

You're a fat cunt op

I would only consider that huge ass space telescope an actual wonder from that system

I dont care. We'll just go there and fuck it up also with due time.

>I would bet on silicone based life before betting on life utilizing ammonia to the exclusion of water.

Amonia, sans water to dilute it, is too strong - you could never establish a cell wall, let alone the intricacies of things like sodium-ion channels and DNA in such a strong environment...

Sorry, Charlie.

>they ain't making radios.
Did I say or imply anything of the sort? When I used the word 'life' I used it casting the net as wide as possible.

It's even a possibility that in the gas clouds of space there's microbes happily using chemosynthesis.

>40 light years
Thats actually pretty fucking close considering size of observable universe. no? Of course, we will be all rotted corpses when humanity discover travelling anywhere close to light speed.

We'll never be able to get there so who gives a fuck?

To everyone- this, this.

This has been the problem the whole time. How the fuck do we get there?

Think about it....40 light years

A lightyear is the distance light travels in a year

Light travels at ~300,000,000 meters/s..

Per second...think about how many seconds in day, in a week, month, now a year...and multiply that by 300 million meters. That's inconceivably far.

How the fuck we gonna get 40 lightyears?
Physics sucks man. That's what's been bringing me down recently. We will never figure it out. That's why getting to Mars won't work.

Why TRAPPIST from all possible names they could give

>Imagine what those life forms are like; you will never interact with them.

They probably don't "interact" at all.

Talk about maximum autism...

You mean if only Obummer had done something useful with the TEN TRILLION he added to the national debt. I feel ya fam.

But we get much fresher memes now:

and even that Mars sucks. Just fucking rocks and dust everywhere.

Traveling at the speed of 60 000 km/h we would need around 740 000 years to get to the star that is 40 light years away.

what are you talking about. NASA already has manned missions to mars planned in the 2030s. They literally just built a rocket more powerful then Saturn V to do so.

about those distances
if those wormholes (which are currenlty bullshit) cant be created or any other faster than light transport methods dont work we are all space niggers stuck in sol's prison because we will never get to other stars not mention other galaxies

What does that even mean?

Solar sails are our most realistic bet, other than that maybe proton rockets

will they be able to come back or its suicide mission ?

Solar sails would work only when you're close to the Sun. After Pluto we wouldn't get almost no acceleration. And we could reach around 3% of the speed of the light. Ion engine could reach up to 6% ls.

That's why I'm not buying it. There's no way we will ever know those planets are really even there, just have to take those scientists at their word.

I was referring to using silicone instead of carbon. I think ammonia as a life supporting medium is am outlier at best.

Sweeping statement here. NASA has an annual budget of $18 billion dollars.

The World has an annual military budget of $1.2 trillion.

The United States has an annual military budget of $600 billion.

Canada has an annual military budget of $18 billion.

Unless we intend on colonizing those 7 planets, i think its afe to say we are spending our money where we prefer to meddle. Home.

On this floating rock. In the middle of buttfuck nowhere. For no buttfuck reason.

are you insane ? how will they work when youll be far away from the sun ? i have a strange feeling that was just hawkings joke

>What does that even mean?

A clutch of autistics on 4chin, arguing about the capacity for interaction held by imaginary life forms on planets in other systems that we will never reach...

Peak autism, indeed.

How disappointing would it be if we found a whole race of people on another planet and they were exactly like us with the exact same technology. They even look like us, and it's nothing special at all, we just found more people.

Lmao I think this thought almost every day

I was lucky enough to intern at Mit as an undergrad, and while I was there, the most common talk was a "Neutrino reflector"

Since there are so many constantly, if we could just redirect them we'd be golden.

>Can't tell if troll or retarded.

Consider how your ancestors never returned from America. We in Europe still think you're all fucked up

thats right , lets spend all the money on bigger bombs and kill each other , thats what humanity will do anyway

Antimatter drive is more likely than harnessing the sunlight with reflectors of the size required to make a solar sail feasible.

>Thinking we know everything about how the world works.

Just chiming in to remind everyone that it is physically impossible for any matter with mass to travel at the speed of light.

We would be very lucky to achieve 50%. More likely 20 is the real world limit.

and they would be nigger muslims

>if we could just redirect them we'd be golden.

If we could just make gravity, we'd be golden...

Fantasies, fantasies.

How did we even find them that far away? How do we know anything about their surfaces and shit? Seems like something that's easily made up because no one can prove it wrong.

Ay here's the issue also. We'd have to lug enough fuel there (which costs it's weight in fuel) just to be able to come back

'artists impression'

You dropped your tinfoil, buddy.

>Seems like something that's easily made up because no one can prove it wrong.

Just like 'islam is the religion of peace' - easy to claim, impossible to prove.

Warp drive

Also, imagine what would happen if a space ship with velocity of 20% the speed of light hit the tiny piece of dust or thumb size meteorite. It would pass through that space ship like a hot knife through the butter.