So Sup Forums, i finally got myself that guitar. Now where do i go to learn?

So Sup Forums, i finally got myself that guitar. Now where do i go to learn?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4JjBdnGDuYM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Internet. Start learning tabs and chords

ultimate-guitar.com

To the piano.

guitar hero

Your room

This

justinsguitar

Well teach you everything you need to know from noob to pro

Learn the basic major and minor chords. Get to the point where you can switch between them by muscle memory.
Learn major and minor scales, and simple blues scales.
Find chords/tabs for songs you know and like, and learn to play along.

If you can, find someone who can give you lessons. You can develop a lot of bad habits when trying to learn on your own. Alternatively, ive heard people swear by yousician and rocksmith

Learn your favourite songs. Or the easiest ones at least. Then start learning chords and scales, practice them all day until they come to your hands instantly. Then start learning harder songs you like, and you'll probably seen what they're doing and shit, and then you'll be able to write.

Get rocksmith 2014, play 20th century boy a million times, ???, profit.

Back to guitar center to by a bass

Alot people talk about learning from youtube.

I'd go with that because free.

Can't speak for yousician, but rocksmith is shit for learning. Fun if you can already play though.
AHAHAHAHA

anything other than playing
listen to people waayy better than you
use google, read books, go to lessons
whatever you do, NEVER play your instrument, only learn about your instrument

Guitars are for fags

Rocksmith never helped much of my bad habits trying to pick it up. I'd really only use it to learn songs very quickly.

I was and still am pure garbage but can play Outshined like a fucking boss.

Should've got a piano first. It's the best way to learn how to play. I'd start by learning frets, then scales (major and minor), then intervals, how to build chords (triads), then timing/meter, then advanced chords then exotic scales.

git gud

It's better to learn how scales are built then to learn how chords are built off of scales.

theres no real substitute for lessons from a good teacher, but video instructionals are a close 2nd. try youtubes or get some torrents or something. don't go for "how to play songX" type shit though, try to find some actual structured lessons. I have one called Learn and Master Guitar Complete (Xvid) but the release group name is missing and theres no NFO but it brety gud

Learn the basic open chords and power chords.

Learn to read tabs - Ultimate Guitar is occasionally fucked over by a record label or management company, but there are still tens of thousands of tabs.

YouTube tutorials.

Maybe Rocksmith. I bought it on supersale with a bunch of DLC, but I haven't installed it yet.

In-person lessons.

Two of the most important pieces of advice anyone ever gave me about guitar:

1) Learn to play standing up. No bullshit - it's better for your posture. If you got a Les Paul, you're gonna get a sore back. Learn the basics of whatever song while sitting down, but as soon as you can, stand up! It's a lot more fun to play while rocking the fuck around your house (get a 20-25' cable).

2) Switching between chords smoothly is the first step to sounding like you know what you're doing.

and from me:

3) LOOK UP FROM THE NECK!!! If you aren't playing something where you really have to watch what you're doing, look up, look out at an imaginary audience. Watch your favorite players - they aren't looking at the neck the whole fucking time - that shit is bush-league.

Metal Guitar fag of 8 years reporting in
>Learn scales, very useful.
>Try to avoid bad habbits
>Don't give up
>Learn to tune by ear
>Standard tuning is best tuning.
Also what type of guitar is it op

>Drop D isn't the best for a metalfag
whoag

(samefaging)
>What is early metallica?
>Black Sabbath?
>Who could Iron Maiden be
>What's a Ghoul

THIS, OP!

>what are all these things i mentioned?

The answer to all your questions is "Shit"

You're one of them Linkin Park fags huh?

Also one of the most important thing I think is to find a friend to play music with. I own 4 guitars and don't even touch them anymore. I got bored just playing by myself. Having friends or a band to play with will keep you engaged and you won't just give it up.

this faggot isn't >i was referring to your standard djent memer

youtube.com/user/guitarjamzdotcom

break everything down into its simplest, undivisible, single movements and learn those for strong foundation

first learn basic chords, then move onto some basic riffs and if possible, learn the power chord. also if you have one, take off the whammy bar. it puts the guitar out of tune very quickly

System of a down and red hot chili peppers. Both guitarists have great creativity and the guitar parts are playable.

justinguitar. com

this.
> /thread

I'd say start trying to learn some Black Sabbath or Ramones songs. Both have some really easy, and yet cool shit that you can learn as a complete beginner. You'll stick with it if you feel like you are actually accomplishing something that you think is worthwhile.

lol

Oh, almost forgot...real pros visually bite their tongue whilst shredding

Go?
You sit in your bedroom teaching yourself for the next 12yrs.

Didn't they teach you anything at homeschool?

learn this guy and you will become a god
youtube.com/watch?v=4JjBdnGDuYM

find a good teacher. watch rob champan's video on what a good teacher is. Without it you'll grow 1000 bad habits, especially if you're dumb af and you bought an epiphone, so you probably are
As important as the teacher : learn a whole bunch of shit on the side too.Don't just do your practice routine, sacrifice your life to guitar, it'll give you 10% back. Which is more than your mom

>rob champan'
into le trash

fuck out of here reddit

i'm talking about his video about what a good teacher is. Otherwise yeah his playing sucks and i can't stand his tired old licks. don't throw the baby with the bathwater fuckface

And visibly bite your tongue whilst shredding! ayyy lmaooooooooooooooo

Seriously, this user nailed it. Justin's lessons are good, they're free, and they'll get you started.

Rocksmith is seriously fun. Catch it on sale, worth having. I wouldn't say it's a great learning tool, but its a great change of pace.

And visibly bite your tongue whilst shredding! ayyy lmaooooooooooooooo

tune to drop G and play nothing but djent. it takes no skill at all and will get you emo pussy. lets face it the damaged ones are more fun.

this, djent is most ut

Justinguitar
Yousician

I bought an epiphone. What's wrong with it?

Dont learn tabs they dont teach you accenting or color of chords or scales or anything really which you will need to learn

I definitely wouldn't rely on Rocksmith, but it has a lot of features that are just fucking awesome. Being able to experiment/play around with different effects without laying down some serious cash was my reason for checking it out. No, it's not going to seriously compete against serious effect pedals, but it's a perfectly good alternative to the cheap ones. I'm a bassist though, so I don't really require very many effects anyway. Beyond distortion/overdrive (maybe fuzz too) any other effects pedals I buy are basically just toys. They may be fun to play with, but not particularly useful for serious playing.

>djent

bought the exact same model like 5 years ago, it's crappy as fuck. electronics die every 10 weeks, frets wore off twice, bridge is fucked, had to change it twice. not all epiphones are bad though, i'm getting a riviera p93 soon :)

but wut bout mah chunk n crunchie?