Illness thread! Lets hear how fucked we are

Illness thread! Lets hear how fucked we are

I have recently found out I have Crohns, been getting nausea and vomiting to the point I barely eat. Been going on for 13 months.

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritionfacts.org/video/achieving-remission-of-crohns-disease/
nutritionfacts.org/video/diverticulosis-when-our-most-common-gut-disorder-hardly-existed/
webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-329-ST JOHN'S WORT.aspx?activeIngredientId=329&activeIngredientName=ST JOHN'S WORT
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I have a cousin of Crohn's disease, Ulcerative Colitis. Just got out of a flare by smoking and going vegan.

Smoking only works for UC, and it makes Chrons worse. So don't smoke.

Look up vegan diet for Chrons disease. Those on a plant-based diet stay in remission much longer than those on omnivorous diets.

Also cramps and the shits (think of the worse food poisoning you had everyday). All I can do is lie on my back and will it to pass

Yeah I'm a heavy smoker, so going to have to quit. diet is pretty much just crackers an water now.

Good. For some reason, smoking puts UC in remission but not Crohn's.

Here: nutritionfacts.org/video/achieving-remission-of-crohns-disease/

Watch the video. Read the sources.

In your case, I would recommend 100% vegan smoothies and shakes. Bananas. When things start to get a little better, graduate to solid plant-based foods. Go plant-based man. It helped me.

I only think our diseases is caused by by the consumption of red cow meat and cow milk, because cows have the same disease, Johne's Disease

>smoking puts UC in remission

Really? Do you have to smoke with your mouth or with your ass?

Yes, really. And just smoking the regular way. It's rare to see someone with UC that smokes. But it aggravates Chron's disease, which is weird because UC is a cousin of Chron's.

It's funny you ask, though, because doctors back in the day thought blowing smoke or carbon monoxide up a patient's ass that's suffering from UC would be beneficial. Seriously.

Lupus. Some days I have no energy. No motivation to succeed. Other days, I feel great, and work all day.

Cheers bro, will look into this. I think your right as before I got ill I was eating red meat daily and abusing alcohol / ibuprofen. I fucking deserved this

>ibuprofen

Do not take over-the-counter pain pills, especially acetaminophen and aspirin. They exacerbate the bleeding in our intestines.

I have this stupid disease since 2012. I've done a lot of research.

Shit son

And I'll also tell you that people with IBD (like us) find red meat from cows and cow dairy to trigger our flares the most. I'm telling you, bro, go plant-based. I hate vegans. I think they're annoying and cringey. But a plant-based diet does wonders for IBD

my brother got crohns and then got addicted to pain medication :(

Diverticulitis here. Diagnosed with it when I was 15 (extremely young for this disease) hospitalized a few times for it and still get the occasional flame up but it has calmed down considerably now (I'm 25 atm)

Seriously ass troubles are no fun I wish you anons the best of luck

Yeah, im gunna hit the store tomorrow and grab a blender, the nausea is the worst part of this for me.

It's understandable. I did too for UC. IBD it's a painful, hellish disease. But I can no longer get opioid medication due to the crackdown. And that sucks because over-the-counter pain meds make the bleeding worse.

Multiple Sclerosis.
I survived a hanging.
My reward for surviving something that is an almost 100% ggnore like a hanging, was extreme hypothyroidism, optic neuritis, a damaged vagus nerve, with brain lesions in my pituitary and hypothalamus...
My neurologist and endocrinologist are shrugging at what the flying fuck.

Good. If you're short on time, find a store that sells vegan smoothies. Brands like Naked are usually sold in stores. Just make sure they're vegan, because some of them have milk and will tear your ass up. Pun intended.

>tfw plagued with autism

Just end it now fam

grow your own poppies then

Depression, ADHD. Great upper/downer combo.

Can see that, so easy just to dose up just so I can literally manage to go to work

That's a terrible disease. That hurts Brock Lesnars career.

It's believed that due to lack of fiber this disease manifests.

See nutritionfacts.org/video/diverticulosis-when-our-most-common-gut-disorder-hardly-existed/

Check sources if interested.

yeah he has a wife and kid so he needs to work, he has a terrible life

I've that about that when I get my own home, which will take a few more years. It sucks man. I should be able to take opioid pills that don't contain acetaminophen or aspirin.

Holy fuck user

horner's syndrome
pectus excavatum
skoliosis
Indented Shoulder

Most of the major stuff there's probably more but who knows certainly not me

Suicide or lynching?

I take Vicoprofen.
They are as the name suggests, a compound of 7.5 mg Vicodin and 200 mg Ibuprofen.
It's not acetamenophen, but ibuprofen. Really low dosage of ibuprofen, though. Ask for that.

>ibuprofen.

Yeah, unfortunately that makes my stomach worse too.

doctors a cunt and thinks addiction is worse than life in pain

I have mold and pet dander allergies

life is hard

Lynching. My psychotic meth-addled brother couldn't get the noose around my neck, I but down on the noose, So he obviously tried to force the noose around my neck and tried to tear out my jaw. His thumb jammed under my tongue and threw my hyoid out of place.

sounds like a good revenge movie reminds me of fallout new vegas

why the fuck was he trying to hang you?
Story?

What all these retards don't realize is that alcohol ruins more lives and kills more people than any drug, including opiates. They want to regulate prescription pain killers more while people continue to kill themselves and others due to alcohol. It's bullshit.

A lot of people that depended on prescription pain killers for legitimate illnesses are now suffering thanks to this nanny state drug politics.

I have crippling anxiety and depression, cant even funtion outside of the house and I was doing so good for a year on klonopin but i admitted to the doctor that i think id need it my entire life and she immediately took it off me and represcribed me antipsychotics and antidepressants... i feel so dead again

>meth-addled

He is schizophrenic, and loves getting high on weed and meth.
He thought he was the King of America, the King of NASA, and Quetzalcoatl on one of his meth trips after a marathon run of watching Ancient Aliens on History Channel.
He said he demanded blood sacrifice for Quetzalcoatl.
I stupidly corrected him by saying that it was Huitzilopotchli that demands human sacrifices, because I know my shit.
He thought I was talking back as a filthy peasant, so be bum rushed me and held me down and began making a noose to hang me out of electrical cord.
I resisted, and bit down on the noose. Then he began ripping out my jaw and my tongue.
It's hard for me to speak now. My life is fucked.

Dude, beat him with a fucking golf club fuck him

>anxiety

Honestly I used to just think this was a mind over matter thing until I had my first attack, shit fucking sucks man

Fuck, what happened to him?

I have a mild allergic reaction to water. It doesn't hurt or itch at all, but I get red patches all over the parts of my body that have been in contact with water. Needless to say, when I get out of the sea I look like a fucking clown, thank god the die down in a few minutes though.

It could be far worse I guess.

severe GERD

get nasty heartburn if i don't take zantac 3x a day, and even then i still get it mildly throughout the day

He's in the Oregon State Mental Hospital, the exact same one from Cuckoo's Nest.
Good riddance.

Anxiety is rough. I have social anxiety, and sometimes while driving on the interstate. Panic attacks is so much worse, because you feel like you're dying and black out. I have it.

Was taking xanax, but abused it by taking too much one day. Wrecked a low mileage foxbody mustang. Haven't taken a benzo since. That was about a decade ago.

Thankfully my anxiety isn't that bad anymore. Haven't suffered a panic attack in years.

Good riddance for sure, fuck eh

and here i sometimes think im psychotic for wanting to hurt idiots

Got diagnosed with multiple sclerosis 3 years ago. Found out when I woke up with optic neuritis one day.

Copy/paste from google if you don't know what Optic neuritis is.

>Optic neuritis is an inflammation that damages the optic nerve, a bundle of nerve fibers that transmits visual information from your eye to your brain. Pain and temporary vision loss in one eye are common symptoms of optic neuritis.

TL;DR
> Wake up one day
> Big blind spot in eye
> Went to hospital
> MRI
> IV steiroids for 3 days in hospital
> Happened again 6 months later
> Got spinal tap for diagnoses
> Congratulations you have MS!

So daily I have
> Leg/hip pain that makes me limp around sometimes
> Partial numbness in my fingers
> Borderline crippling fatigue
> Minor back pain
> Large decrease in strength
> "Foggy" brain
> Memory problems
> Sometimes I stutter when I'm caught trying to think of a word
> Occasional blurry vision
> Extrmeme heat sensitivity (makes symptoms worse)
Plus more I can't think of right now.

I have social anxiety, and it's hard to explain to those who don't have it. I suppose it's quite stupid to be so afraid of being surrounded by people or social interactions, so I guess if I didn't have it myself, I would probably call bullshit too.

Aquagenic urticaria is a really, really rare disease. I call bullshit.

Sucks. I retardedly came off all my ppi's a few minths ago. No one warned me about the hyperacid withdrawal symptoms, genuinely wished for death

>it's hard to explain to those who don't have it.

That's because we are a very social species. Most people are extroverts. They thrive on social interaction.

People that suffer from social anxiety are usually introverts, including me. I hate most people, especially here in the south where most people are ignorant and literally borderline retarded.

I only find peace when alone, or with those I know very, very well. I assume I'm like this due to immense abuse as a child.

A month ago I randomly started passing blood immediately after I passed stool. After 3 days where I was going to the toilet, suddenly about 7 times a day I went to the doctor (uk) and got examined. Doctor didn't find hemmroids.

Went and had blood tests done. It's apparently not stomach/bowel cancer.

I still have on/off stomach aches and gut ache fairly permenently. I blood has stoppled (mostly as I can tell).

Doctor thinks it might be an auto-immune disease i.e colitis or Crohn's. I'm awaiting an appointment time for a proctologist.

So yeah, I share the boat OP. Given what symptoms I have (I hate self-diagnosing) it does seem like colitis since no nausea or comiting (but it doesn't take much to make me start gagging/reflux).

It's weird, I thought it was maybe an infection because of the pain and temporary blood.

> Leg/hip pain that makes me limp around sometimes
> Partial numbness in my fingers
> Borderline crippling fatigue
> Minor back pain
> Large decrease in strength
> "Foggy" brain
> Memory problems
> Sometimes I stutter when I'm caught trying to think of a word
> Occasional blurry vision
> Extrmeme heat sensitivity (makes symptoms worse

Shit, that literally my day too plus triminge dental pain and a constant blocked nose

Oh, also I have a bent septum. It means one nostil is only getting like 40% of the air it should. I would have the surgery to fix it but im kinda a pussy even though it's free.

Rather get this sorted first anyway.

yeah, one day it got so bad when i forgot to take the meds that i puked and my throat and mouth were burning

Took me 13 months to get close to a diagnosis on NHS, two doctors were always trying to pass it off as 'in my head' , fuckers

here.
Went through the same shit 5 years ago. I got the same vision problems and numb hands and feet all the way to my shoulders and hips. Only through my sheer willpower alone can I type this right now.
It definitely feels thyroid related, given the extreme circumstances for my injuries. Nicotine and weed give me back my feeling in my hands and feet temporarily, and those do affect the thyroid and stimulate it.

stop smoking weed it isnt healthy for you

Fuck, i'm sorry op.

i was diagnosed with uc when i was 17. ruined the rest of high school for me and now i'm super behind in college because of it.

turns out i'm allergic to a lot of the treatments so it took years to finally find something that worked. i'm in remission now, or at least they think so, but i remeber being in the hospital screaming my lungs out while shitting because of the pain.

you're in for a ride, but, it gets better once your symptoms are managed. stay strong, i'm rooting for you op.

I have primary ciliary dyskinesia. Essentially it's cystic fibrosis, but with a life expectancy of 45-55 instead of 25. I am sick 75% of the week, and I have had pneumonia 5 times in the last 3 months. My immune system is almost non-existent and I can't find work or a job that can accommodate my health needs. I'm a forced NEET, essentially.

Drink a lot of water try pantropaxol, vitamin b12, omepraxol, and when taking a shit think to yourself feel the beeeeern, it fucking sucks but dont let it get through you it fucks you up more if you have anxiety that is why the puking and diahrrea.
Also do a lot of prayer because colitis fucking sucks, if youre not a raging alcoholic try drinking yogurth

Acetaminophen is fine, it does not cause bleeding.

I don't smoke, I go with edibles.

Getting high is unhealthy.. thats all there is to say about it

Not rare enough to be unbelievable, though. I've seen 2 or 3 people with it and I'm just a resident.

pneumonia fucking sucks, they told me I wasnt last 7 years but I do believe in miracles and it happened prayed to God, St Jude, and here I am get vicks pour it in something to boil water then do inhalitations before you go to bed you can also use lasix I believe it is the name.
google it user losing breath feels horrible

Smoking what? I also have colitis, and weed definitely helps with the pain. Chrohn's is also sometimes relieved by cannabis, both the smooth muscle spasm in the gut and the nausea and vomiting. So do you mean tobacco?

Hey op, I have ulcerative colitis. Medication will take good care of ya bro. Best of luck, keep your chin up and take it a day at a time. Try to keep your stress low

What

Less meat, especially red. Try CBD oil

tell that to the people that need morphine to even get out of bed due to the pain they're in

I've been diagnosed with a new subtype of Charcot-Marie-Tooth syndrome (new as in first reported case ever)

I got frenulum breve

>extremely young for this disease
Fuck dude, you're not kidding. I've never heard of anyone getting it at that age - I tend to think of it more as an old man's disease.
Glad it's calmed down over time.
Feel for ya Sup Forumsro.

if mental diseases count then depression

inb4 so is everyone on this board
inb4 fuck off faggot, just smile

im so lonely and although I try to go out and do things i have no motivation and always feel like shit

Shit, user. I'd love to see your MRI.

i know man was just joking im smoking resin right now cause im degenerate scum where do you live? you should get a green card ever since i got mine my life has been much much easier

A lot of chrones and colitis bros in here. I was just reading how it's becoming more prevalent in society. Just coming out of my flair now. I miss coffee so much

Prostatitis/CPPS here. I'm about a year into this particular flare-up; I've had the disease for ten years now. Constant need to urinate, muscle spasms, and bizarre electrical pains in the pelvis, legs, lower back, and testicles are my primary symptoms.

Apparently there is a pinworm therapy that's has been employed 5 to 7 years ago. Do they still use it for Chrones. What's your opinion of it?

Do permanent injuries count? Because if so I have shortened vertebral height and anterior wedging of the L1 vertebra with stenosis of the spinal column as a result of a burst fracture, leading to chronic mechanical lower back pain.

tl;dr: My spine exploded.

YEah I had a lot of symptoms and doctors think its UC or Crohns (I posted earlier) and was suprised by the number.

Thing is I dont drink, smoke or drink coffee. I don't even drink fizzy drinks :L

I have to assume that flare ups are exactly that and go away for long periods of time. I certainly fkin hope so anyway.

US user here, how do you guys all pay to go to the doctor multiple times to figure out whats wrong with you? I've been living with brain fog, derealization, and visual snow for 5 or 6 years now but doctors just tell me its anxiety and depression and send me away. once i hit 19 or so my body just randomly changed.

True dat. And anyway, addiction is only really a problem if you run out, which doesn't happen if you have a regular script. If the pain goes, your doctor should then wean you off them.
Taking away pain relief "just in case" someone gets addicted is beyond stupid.
And, as you said, a lot of people are unfortunately having to suffer because of this bullshit.

used to cook you can imagine what, would drink a cold one at 7 am till 10 or 12 am, noticed myself with night sweats did a little line couldnt walk a block, I get sicker go to the er
pneumonia,tb, and about 10 more diseases they say im going to die probably, pray and pray again they stick a needle in one of my lungs there is this yellow shit in the needle start getting better they say I would be not be able to walk a block without an oxygen tank, see another doctor they say I need surgery on both lungs, decide fuck it if im gonna die im ready redeemn myself start getting better and better next x ray they say it is because of my age.
lungs even look bigger doctors amazed
God listened to my prayers also st Jude ( im catholic ) im even drinking a beer right now.
been not able to breath is the most worst torture in the world also because I was stubborn lasted a week without going to the ER

obamacare son

My foots fucked up

Being in the UK I literally can't fathom being unable to just hone and make an appointment to a doctor or be sent for blood tests/hospital examination if it's serious.

I have a lot of sympathy for American's with serious health problems starting.

Best advice is STAY ON YOUR MAINTENENCE MEDICATION. Just when you start feeling better don't stop using it, because that's when it will come rearing back. I'll never forget first realizing something was wrong. When I was running around the lake and my stomach was cramping and I pooped my pants. That was 4 years ago

Klonopin doesnt work been in the E.R because of trying to quit it.
also im an alcoholic wich really sucks probably someday I will be able to quit it im not a pussy but the withdrawls are fucking horrible both of them wish me luck.

Bro it very well sounds like depression and anxiety. Have you tried any meds?

i took cymbalta for a while a few years back and i remember for a while things mellowed out some, but never really went back to normal. I think what actually helped me back then was exercising more and cardio more than pills.

there are a lot of days where i wake up feeling drunk or high and it persists the entire day, and sometimes in school my visual snow is so bad it distracts me during classes. Its really interfered with my life off an on.

never heard of klonopin not working for anyone

maybe it is anxiety that causes the gastritis.
Try to see a pattern that is how I knew, alcohol or coffee would make me throw up and shit at the same time in the mornings, or when ever I got pissed, stress probably triggers it.
Try drinking lots of water do so you wont get dehydrated.

Story?

Have you tried a natural SSRI like St. John's Wort (Hypericum perforatum)? Obviously you should discuss it with your Dr.- especially if you already take anything else. There are,as always, potential side effects but it definitely helped me.

webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-329-ST JOHN'S WORT.aspx?activeIngredientId=329&activeIngredientName=ST JOHN'S WORT

Awwwww
you poor soul

NOT!

*protip - I've broken both of my ankles