Why hasn't there been a successful manned mission to Mars by now

Why hasn't there been a successful manned mission to Mars by now

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q7pzg9xpAOE
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X9FUdHnowboCrjoWKpTM5OtLEqj26UWhF0UbEnON5_Q/edit?f=true&noheader=true&gid=18#gid=18
youtube.com/watch?v=HUHmd26rPKs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

we haven't got the technology

prove it

i've been trying to get there for years man, the fucking miata just won't make it.

Because Niggers and Jews.. That's the only Logical, Ethical, Rational, and Scientific Explanation my dear sir.

Because non-white people and feminists.

*money

All we need for a maned mission to Mars is a way to make money off of it

Yea we do.

find oil on Mars and you know we'll be there in 10 years.

money

Mars is worth a lot of money

there hasn't been an unsuccessful one either

No reason to go. No payoff

If the countries of the world had spent as much on space travel and research as on warfare, Mars would be old news by now with a full on colony. They would be planning a journey to Alpha Centauri by now.

Its too far away...

There is no need to go to mars. The moon was a race, if there is no competitors why even race?

Nobody wants to cough up the money, simple as that. it'll cost billions.

if the US alone diverted its military budget to Mars we'd have a whole new fucking world to live on

To inspire the passions of mankind?

Because going to Mars buys fewer votes than cutting social spending 1% costs.

>it'll cost billions.

try trillions to be properly done, moreover most of the technology neccessary doesn't even exist

Because the U.S. decided they won the Space Race in 1969, so they let the Apollo program die as the 70s progressed, replaced it with a space taxi, and then gave that up to become hitchhikers.

The fags didn't even try

Many talented engineers are wrokinv on iphone7, iphone7+, iphone7++ Director's cut champion edition.

Regurgitating and reconsuming the same old acheivements is more profitable, and so pays more to the engineering talent. Bigger house, prettier wife, nicer cars, more kids, etc.

Look at Sup Forums. They're blowing up over AMD's Ryzen processor. That's what our talent has been doing.

Moon Landing was fake so why would humans going to Mars be real?

So going to Mars and after that going to asteroids to mine them isn't worth it?

Nigger asteroids are worth trillions

Because with a flat earth, you just have to fall off the edge at the right time.

We're gonna have to get to the moon first,
Instead of watching reruns of that 1960s Stanley Kubrick documentary ...
Seriously, his camera work was shoddy at best ...

How could we go to Mars, if we haven't even been to the moon yet?

a more optimal way of doing it would be to setup on the moon first and develop the neccessary systems to support life, make it financially feaseable and conduct enough research to be amply prepared for such an endeavor. (also helium 3)

Are you fucking stupid? It wouldn't cost trillions

It would cost a good chunk of a few billion but it would be worth it

If NASA didn't spend its budget on studying ways to welcome muzzies and climate change, they could afford to

but it doesn't work that way. Once you get to the edge, the magical force field sends you to the other side of the disk.

We went there over 50 years ago nigger

Yep. Aside from the astonishing cost, the tech isn't there yet. There's no way to guard against the dust, for instance. It doens't sound like much, but it would absolutely be enough to completely tank a mission. Also, even if we had the tech, it would have to be built in stages.

We'd have to have something like a space elevator to get the parts into LEO so that we could assemble a ship in space, since the weight of a manned mission (with equipment, and life support, food, water, etc) would be prohibitive to launch from within the Earth's gravity well.

So, even if you could snap your fingers, today, and invent organic recycling systems, dust-proof airlocks and space suits, a space elevator, a more efficient propulsion system (because you'd have to slow all that bulk down, and you need to use fuel to move other fuel, yadda yadda), AND if you had the money to launch a bunch of shit in advance, so that it would be there waiting when your team arrived, AND if you had a way to bring them back again safely, it would still take decades and trillions of dollars and there is no real reason to do it.

Aside from bragging rights, why bother? There's very little humans could learn that robots can't, and there'd be no way to bring back anything significant anyway.

You'd be WAY better off to go mine asteroids instead.

Why would anyone want to go to Mars? You cant really colonize it until now. Its expensive. We dont need to go there. It would take years to travel too.

You just have to learn to fall and miss the earth.

Is It Also Why You Must Capitalize Every Word Like An Illiterate Kid

Bone matter loss and horrendous radiation exposure

it also requires the resources of the ENTIRE planet and unfortunately humanity doesn't seem ready for such cooperation...but who knows if something were to occur to fundamentally change the course of humanity. ohwait, i forgot we seem unable to steer the future of our species on this planet away from catastrophic impending dooms.

Worth it?
Why?
There's a humanity down here that would benefit, rather than landing on a planet for nothing but to say its been done

youtube.com/watch?v=q7pzg9xpAOE

>implying that we would need a space elevator to get a manned mission to mars

facepalm.jpg

When they figure out the bone deterioration and radiation (and there are more smarter kids on that than ever before) we'll be all over the solar system

because it wont make any money

Shit costs money but not the national deficit. Jesus

We would have the damn Enterprise D by now. :P

>they figure out the bone deterioration and radiation

why not build a self sustaining spaceship manned only by robots that humans have instant manipulation over.?

seems simple enough?

Fuck that I'm taking the space stairs...

Because there's no oil in Mars.

this is how space fights start to happen. im down for this

earth vs mars

we need to get to the moon before we get to mars!

We lack the ability to deflect radiation and terraform a desolate planet, without a magnetosphere our astronauts would get cancer and then some.

according to gundam, the furthest we're getting to with that is the moon.

Serious lack of woke in this thread

It takes several hours to communicate with a spaceship near Saturn

falcon 9 heavy, we only need ~1000 m/s more of deltav to get there
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X9FUdHnowboCrjoWKpTM5OtLEqj26UWhF0UbEnON5_Q/edit?f=true&noheader=true&gid=18#gid=18

>Why hasn't there been a successful manned mission to Mars by now
Because you haven't applied your massive intellect to the problem, or shared it.

Neither have you.

We should

So you're saying Mars is Sup Forums?

>not a cost-effective reason

you just haven't heard yet because it was a failure.... next attempt might actually get coverage.... hope they don't land next to the 1'st mission's crash site..... they r not sure where it is exactly...lol... dumb-asses.

Nobody wants to pay for it, hard to justify from a scientific perspective, that money can fund a lot of more interesting stuff, building local infrastructure ob the Moon and earth orbit, doing that will also make a mars mission cheaper, we need cheap access to orbit, permanent settlement on the moon, and then not only mars but the whole solar system will open up, but if you just want to swing aound a big dick do the Apollo ting. 400.000 engineers and unlimited budget, could put a man on mars in under 10 years.

Because all America does is waste money on wars in the middle east

Americans are useless. Let Europe do it

Genius, just call a jihad on Mars and let Germany sort it out

Kek

There was tho

youtube.com/watch?v=HUHmd26rPKs

None of these statements are true tho

This.

Once something is in Earth orbit, it's halfway to anywhere in the solar system.

Really no. Human spaceflight is very expensive.

Fake and gay

Let's wait till NASA sponsors it

But but bruh.. Climate change matters more

Not really. We're all worried about illegals and climate change and nigger feelings

If we weren't we'd be mining Jupiter by now.

Fucking faggot humans

This grossly understates ESA's accomplishments. They do a lot.

Because Mars is made up. Our sky is just one big tv and the earth is flat. The moon, sun, planets, and stars are all just images on a tv to give us hope

Kek

Eurofag detected

Bush. Reagan. Both either dismantled the space program or wasted shit-tons (trillions of dollars) of money blowing up brown people in faraway countries.

Any more questions?

Nope, I just follow space news.

Pooland space agency has achieved more than you lot

It started when Nixon was in office. Congress really didn't want to pay for a Mars trip since the public had become disinterested.

Whatever you say, copain.

"Because you touch yourself at night."

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Russia. Fucking Russia has done more than you. We had to come steal German scientists from you so they could get proper funding. Dick.

I wish I lived in the EU. American suburbs are shit.

You have no clue what you are talking about, ionic thrusters have been around for a decade at least.

Please. There was no mission to Mars on the table. And space travel was at its height. You're being a bit disingenuous.
Reagan pulled the reins in on government spending unless it was military-related.

Fucking Russians

We also wouldn't have a country since sand niggers would take over without a strong defense.

It's rather transparent that refugees and welfare state matters more to Europeans than any sort of space mission

What's your objection?

attitudes like yours are a greater threat

Politics and a decline in American preeminence