Who's the most competent leader in history?

Who's the most competent leader in history?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tYsM7Kc-4SY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

moot

I thought it was a valid question.

In terms military conquest, Alexander was alright.

its a valid answer

> most competent leader
his adoptive son was better
though he was a great military commander

/thread

right here faggot.

>Who's the most competent leader in history?

None, each great leader has faced different variables in their campaings

Hannibal almost knelled rome to the ground

Caesar fucked up the Gauls and the Germanic tribes

Napoleon almost fucked up all Europe

and the list goes on...

he was too pure for this world

And then he too fucking dumb to pick a successor

wasn't his problem anymore, it's called rest in peace for a reason

Hernan Cortes, conquered an empire with a few hundred of his own men, thousands of allies, and his wit.

i would say Alexander the great

Oh god who was that fucking mod? Is anyone old enough to remember this? The second mod to Sup Forums once upon a time. Cannot remember the name at all - often created (USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

W.T. Snacks ?

He died unexpectedly with 33 what do you expect

Yes! thanks user

I expect him to have a successor lined up in case he's assassinated.

Alexander the Great, Napoléon Bonaparte or Gaius Julius Caesar.

Even if he did have a successor there's no certainty shit wouldn't get all Game of Thrones.

This. Augustus was absolutely the better leader overall.

that would literally just invite assassination

Amateurs

Justinian or Cicero.

Napoleon is my favourite.

Mobilized an entire nation to believe in his vision. He had the loyalty of his army but also won the hearts of the people.

But his rule was propelled by military conquest. Conquest is unsustainable in a world that is increasingly becoming smaller.

After him i would go with Alexander the Great. His conquest was educational. Greece is a small nation but he extended it's influence from Egypt to Persia. A conquest of space. We consider Socrates/Plato the first Western philosopher. A conquest of time.

Augustus Caesar

Ghengis fucking Khan.

He had a successor with his Persian gf, but he was too young to hold power when Alexander died.

Kek.

/thread

Kangas Khan?

Dankey Kang

Cyrus the Great

Lots of you faggots will say Alexander or Genghis Khan. Although they were good military leaders they essentially failed to implement the proper structures to keep and hold the land they conquered and pass it down to a successor. Administrative innovation is a boring yet critical component of leadership.

Cyrus not only founded a long lasted empire, but was also excellent at both military conquest and administrative innovations to ensure those areas were governed by his successor. Only other realistic contender is Augustus Caesar.

Guys wtf? Is everybody retarded?

Obviously Hitler was the best leader.

Cyrus the Great? Yeah, it's too bad he got assassinated. He was going to bring all the gangs together.

David and Jonathan. Gilgamesh. Alexander and Hephastion. Lincoln. The spartans. The greeks. The romans. The nazis in a way (too zionist and closeted). Basically all the homosexuals

>got his ass kicked by a punch of alcoholic hippies

Nigga managed to stop the Nazis, and the world communist revolution.

Genghis Khan was the most Alpha fucking conquerer ever. With Cavalry and Arrows his Army stretxhed from China to Poland. 2% of the World population are his direct descendants. No one since can matxh his accomplishments.

Interesting how ability to take territory is equated with leader competency. You would think a really competent leader could improve the lives of his people and make them prosper without killing a large percentage of them off in war.

Alexander would have been toasted in his first battle at Granicus if Parmenion and his men hadn't held the line. Lead a charge or hold against a stronger foe, which actually requires more leadership skill?

The Mongol Empire under Genghis Khan was massive.

At its height it stretched from the Pacific Ocean to Poland. They had a fast courier system that was similar to the Pony Express where riders would receive fresh mounts every few miles, allowing them to carry messages to/from the Khan and his generals to anywhere in the empire within days -- without roads.

chinkmoot

WE WUZ KANGS
n shit

Trajan

That caesar is Julius.
Yes, there was about a hundred years when SPQR was respectable and effective. But then it devolved into its own form of Pizzagate and Russian golden showers.

Hoccine saeclum! O scelera, O genera sacrilega, O hominem impium!
–P. Terentius Afer

Teddy fucking roosevelt

Disgraceful imperialist.

Murcia bitch get with it or get out

723307481 (OP)

History is to be learned from, not repeated. That's something you're going to have to figure out yourself. Do you want to repeat a story that's already been told, or do you want to create a new story?

Otto von Bismarck

I have always voted for William Howard Taft on the promise that "the only good politician is a dead politician". Big Bill also recognized his illegitimate son and kicked out Tammany Hall once it put him into the White House.

Mein Drumpf, on the other hand, is a closet homosexual who pretends to have fathered children that aren't his and he ensconced the modern-day Tammany Hall ("the Swamp") as his Cabinet. Lock her up? Shoot them all!

yes, but if they got to far from the steepes they were beaten badly

made me smirk

>Murcia
¿Eres español y hablas así? ¡Vergüenza!

Ew no beaner

"Join or die" was their motto. Entire cities were put to the sword. That is how the Mongols spread so quickly. Your map shows only the Steppes while the Mongols extended as far south as India and as far north as Finland. Resistance was futile.

Spaniards are not beaners, pinche gringo desgraciado.
youtu.be/tYsM7Kc-4SY

I can dig it

They ain't white

Their core area was the steepes, in less familiar areas they were not as effective, they were stopped in Japan, though also because ot the weather, in Syria by mamelukes, and in South east Asia

Or perhaps the world will witness the first competent leader, a philosopher king. But who does this king want to advise him? A bunch of faggots competing to see who can say the most stupidest shit for no reason?

Dude - they are Europeans. Sharing a border with France. Dey white.

Hispanics > Degenerate latinos

He also was the reason for the first documented instance of graffiti in the New World, according to his lieutenant Bernal Díaz del Castillo. He had promised his five hundred soldiers their share of the booty once Tenochtitlán were pacified and he Trumped out on them when that time came. So his soldiers painted insults on the walls of Moctezuma's castle, which Cortés had taken over as his own.

anythony soprano.

Pepe Mújica of Uruguay.
Evo Morales of Bolivia.

King Arthur.

William Henry Harrison

Vlad The Impaler

"Degenerate" says the gringo.

truly one of our brothers

This. Never lost a battle. Largest Empire in geographic size.

Our fuhrer.

In relation to my country was D. Pedro II.

Damn straight.

He took the Roman Empire to it's greatest size.

Said fuck you to all the excesses of his predecessors, did the job, meted out justice and kicked ass his whole reign.

>never lost a battle.

Seriously?

No one comes close to close to Briggy

Nah Kublai Khan is where it's at

Iron chancellor

I fucking hate that goddamn potato nigger

My vote is on Genghis Khan

Genghis was just a badass on every front. Aside from rising up from the status of fuckboi slave to the uncontested Kahn of the largest empire the world had ever seen, his people loved him, propaganda traveled faster than his horses to the point strongholds gave up before he was on his way, he united several religions and practices under one roof, created trade routes and relations that still last to this day, and still had time to leave more decendants than anyone else.

And he united the previously disenfranchised Mongol clans and started all this with no teachings. His mother was raped and murdered, his tribe disbanded, and he spent his teens as a prisoner. He up and created all that from ground zero. Fuck me, I feel like an asshole for just sitting my ass on the couch right now

I think you misread the op

Obviously the greatest president the world has ever had the privilege of getting dick slapped on the face by

All those points and rhetoric and you still can't stump the Trump

adolf hitler seig heil

adolf hitler sieg heil

EMPEROR JOSHUA NORTON 1.
There can be only one.

Josef Stalin. Won the war, created an empire, killed his enemies and fucked their women. Ruled until his death...
Should have been Hitler, but sorry... it was Joe

People do know about him but he was a modern day Marcus Aurelius

Winston Churchill for his leadership in WW2

I'd disagree. Octavian had everything set up for him and he basically inherited his authority and his armies. Sure he had to consolidate his power and overcome his rivals, but caesar had to overturn the system in the first place. He created the political alliances necessary, he personally oversaw the conquest of gigantic new territories and ensured their proper administration and stability. His men were more loyal to him than the roman state. Hell, almost everyone outside of the senate were more loyal to him than the roman state.

Get on my level

>Justinian was good
>cicero

MLK or ghandi conquering by healing and uniting is way more pleasant than to force change

Id wager by best, we define as 'with the most ability', and the best way to measure that is to see who went from where to where. Donald Trump's a billionaire, but fuck him his dad gave him a cool million. Andrew Carnegie is respected because he was self made from the bottom.

Likewise Cyrus was extremely competent, but he started on the shoulders of giants and grew up with it and had all the right teachers and advisors. Genghis Khan however rose from nothing and put an even greater empire together basically by himself. Sure he fucked up on the administrative side a bit, but also that empire was probably too big and diverse for its time anyway and may have been destined to fail. Places like Rome, China and Persia lasted cause they slowly assimilated the surrounding areas.

Also warfare is a great meeting stick. War is in everything, from the way you dress going out to the bar (looking good/strong when you're not is part of war deception) to business takeovers (wait til the enemy is crossing a river/ undergoing an overhaul and attack while they're prone)