Be me 18

>Be me 18
>Can't afford a second semester in college so I try to look for work
>No experience, go to some websites to see what advice I can get
>They all say I should make a resume with my GPA and clubs and shit I did in high school
>My GPA was a 2.7 because I didn't give a shit about school and only "club" I was in was just me playing a guitar
>Please help/b/ros I've been applying almost everywhere and it just seems that finding a job is just beyond the bounds of possibility for me

Prostitution

Damn, look at that bitch, I'd pound the fuck out of her in that position

Go work in fast-food.

>previous work experience required.

Go to community college. Do well there. It will be a fresh start. I dropped out of highschool. I'm going to uni now. No regrets.

sell blood and semen on Craigslist

What the hell? I worked at McDonalds for 4 years and we loved hiring young adults.

Search up CountryBabe on friendlife. You're welcome

>be me
>be 22
>unemployed since ODPMC from army
>can't put army on resume
>no work experience for 4 years
>I lost 4 other jobs in a year
>my family thinks I'm a loser
>my grandparents call me a bum
>no girl wants a dude with mental problems
>going to tech school
>failed last 2 certification exams
>can't reenlist
>need a job or I'll be homeless

You don't need previous work experience with the right resume and interview skills.

Such a sorry excuse to use.

>be me
>good grades at school
>go to college
>go to medschool
>still browse on Sup Forums
>still think about killing myself on daily basis

I've tried applying for subway nothing came back. Also McDonald's seems like a bit of a meme but beggers can't be choosers I guess :/

You're The Man.

I was going to a community, mostly because I forgot to sign up for fasfa because the uni that is a block from my house costs like 8k semester

get some shit job and build up your life and credit till your 24 when you can file for student loans under your own name. plus sliving poor as shit the year before you hit college means you get shit tons of grants and shit.

i did this and i got an insane credit score and all kinds of shit. hell when i was 24 and got a car my car insurance was 60 bucks for liability because i had a license since i was 18 and never used the damn thing. plan ahead and work towards it today

>Go to community college. Do well there. It will be a fresh start. I dropped out of highschool. I'm going to uni now. No regrets.

Community College? I never would've guessed.

Here, if you still can't find her

Damn, nigga all the way over the other side of the world

Thanks anyway, mate

Right resume?
Did you not read that I wrote saying I had a shit GPA in h.s? How is that a shitty excuse? Although I'd say my people skills are quite formidable so I'd be fine with that.

I meant impressive, don't know why I typed in formidable o.O

who had previous work experience

even then you still need previous work experience

no work experience, no chance of hiring.

GPA doesn't mean shit. Why would you list your GPA on a basic job application? For real. The fuck is wrong with you.

Starbucks

They're always hiring, comes with free coffee, they'll work around your school schedule and even pay for some classes. Added bonus you'll still be poor but should qualify for financial aid. Got me thru 2 years of trade school. Now I am awaiting a call for an interview for Machinist w/ the city.

Just try and get them nudes homie

Make shit up. Everyone lies on their resume. No one is going to call your school to check.

Honestly though, If you don't have any work experience you don't need a resume. Just go into a restaurant and fill out an application. Smile and shake the managers hand. This works especially if you're white.

I'm considering ocs right now and although I know it's more prestigious this is the kind of horror story that makes me rethink. Havn't spoken to recruiters yet. Someone told me I should look into the Merchant marine as well. But I finished college with a business degree, minor in Econ and concentration in finance. I would love to work on a ship as an engineer but damn. Idk

Stfu. You're full of shit.

I got my first job in the medical field at 18. First job in security at 20 with no previous experience where I did armored car deliveries and my first job doing secretarial work and record keeping at a law firm with no experience.

Just stop with this experience meme bs.

Just thought that a GPA on a resume would be a reflection of your skills man. Like a little boost :p so the employer could see how dedicated you are

You had experience with being a cuck so that counts.

Thanks I'll take that into consideration, hopefully they won't ask for any previous work experience

Kek

Being a commissioned officer would be cool as you skip all of the junior enlisted BS, when I made e5 I got a room to myself and put the bunks together. I got lonely and separated them again to pretend I wasn't alone.

I dress up in my uniform to feel important sometimes.

Do you plan on going in and staying, or 4 and out?

I was in the exact same situation. I tried killing myself and got hospitalized for a few days. After that I decided that I should wait on school for a few years till I felt ready.

No, very few had any work experience. The vast majority of new hires of your age had NO experience. I don't buy that every single local fast food joint is telling you need work experiene

Will I'm white lol, but if you lie on your resume and just put a bunch of references they'll call them

Dedicated how? You think a measily 2.7 shows any kind of dedication to taking your education serious lol?

Your GPA is so low that I wouldn't even list it. It hurts you more than it helps you tbh. Just put Currently enrolled at for .

Put lots of action words on your resume. Bosses love action words.

If you forgot last semester you could of signed up this semester. No HS shit in your resume. List your diploma and going to college and go apply and accept your working a shit job. Apply for fasfa and go back this summer man up boy.

Not too sure. Part of my decision is that I've always wanted to serve and everyone in my family has served.
The other part of me wants to join because I did the whole corporate office gig after college and I fucking hated it. 24 btw. After applying to a bunch of places I kept getting this feeling in my gut that I just couldn't go to another office.

I definitely plan on using the GI bill to get my masters. My old history teacher was a Colonel, he told me he didn't really think about making a career out of it but he liked it so much that he stuck around.
I haven't even decided which branch yet. Waiting on talking to recruiters until I know all the THC is flushed out of my system.
I'm just worried that I'll spend all that time in the military and come out with no civilian jobs taking me seriously. Although I was told it wouldn't be a concern if I go officer.

making $$ makes somebody a cuck?

Be a trap cam fag.

I'm not that retarded that I'd put in that shit GPA on a resume lmfao. I guess I was just using that as an excuse to not try harder to look for work. Thank for the advice user

btw do you still get to use your GI bill? considering the ODPMC?
I would look into going to school if you can. If you can muster it learning something in computers and mathematics. Just because it will give you the best prospects for getting hired and it's a decent wage. What are you into? I can help guide you user if you give me the scoop on military life

Shotgun applications. If you pester, they will hire.

What the fuck is "Friendlife" some kind of dating social media site? Looks like a dating version of Facebook.

Go work as a dishwasher at a higher-end establishment. After a year, start moving up. Restaurant work is hard as fuck but so rewarding if you set your standards high. If you're a good dishwasher, everyone in the kitchen will love you. Show that you care about the culture and work and it'll open doors.

My advisers said it was too late to sign up for fasfa for the next semester so I'd have to just wait for the winter semester of next year. But yea, I was planning doing that actually and going for the summer classes available to try and receive more credits

Have you ever seen a trap with a chiseled jawline?

apply at chipotle bro

It's a really cancer website has, I just use it to try and get dawg

I actually never thought of that, thanks man

Baily Jay

You could be a twink camwhore

I'd pay to see your body and penis

what do you look like fag?

you arent going to be getting any job at 18 where a resume really matters just put whatever highschool and other jobs you had also idk what employer cares about your GPA you didnt even finish school yet just be personable in your interview dont dress like a retard and relax what have you applied for so far

>Go work as a dishwasher
>set your standards high
>If you're a good dishwasher, everyone in the kitchen will love you
>Show that you care about the culture and work and it'll open doors.

Imagine Nick Bateman with a Jew noise and wavy hair

He's not wrong you know. It depends on the establishment.
There's a couple 4 + star restaurants in my city owned by the same family. Getting a job as a dishwasher actually requires you to have experience as a dishwasher.
You can't even get a job as a bartender unless you have done a year as a barback. And in order to do that you need to have worked as a bartender for at least 3 years prior.
Bartenders at these restaurants make over 8-12k a month. I know a guy who works at one of these places. He was an engineer who lost his job but had worked as a bartender all through college. He got the barback job and now he chooses to do this instead of going back into engineering.

find some sort of local job like a restaurant or construction helper fuck working for a chain store they also have the biggest pool of peasants applying for a job

Obama ended 20 year retirement, so don't plan on it. Go Air Force, they get good food, newer equipment, short basic, good mental health programs.

I had the intention of going army for work experience and to get away from home, but it didn't work out that way. I was severely depressed and had suicidal thoughts weekly. My CO would brush it off, and finally the doc flagged me to command and I got discharged with "personality disorder" as the reason for discharge.

If you have an associates degree you can go in as an e3 like I did, and work up to nco after a couple years. If you have a bachelors you could also go in as an e4 and join the mafia.

nope ODPMC was written as a general discharge, and from what the VA said, I don't qualify. If it was HDSP or EPTS than yes I would get it. I am going to a tech school now to continue my education, but I'm really struggling to focus.

sounds pretty hot

post a dick pic?

Also to OP. Network. Don't just go willy nilly about it. Make a nice resume. Make a nice cover letter for certain places. Brush up on the companies/establishments you are applying to in case you get a callback or an email etc.
If you are not in shape, make yourself look great. First impressions go a long way.
Practice interviewing in front of a mirror.
Look up interview questions about the industry, as well as knowing the industry.
Jobs are not hard to get if you aren't a complete retard about them.
If you have free time learn something, learn a skill and apply to jobs pertaining to that skill.

>You can't even get a job as a bartender unless you have done a year as a barback. And in order to do that you need to have worked as a bartender for at least 3 years prior.

If Mexicans can get work by just standing in front of a Home Depot, then so can you. Arrange your classes in the late afternoon and evenings so you can do day labor stuff at $100 a day minimum! That's $3000/MO. taxfree.

Jesus Christ, that's hilarious

Ask around in your family for opportunities or try asking/making friends that could help you get a job.

I don't have any preexisting mental conditions. So I'm good there.
I thought with my bachelors I could go straight into OCS and shoot for O-1?

Also I do want to get away from home, want to travel etc. SO I was kind of leaning towards Navy, but everyone so far has told me with my degree I should go Air Force. So I'll seriously consider it.
Also I did go through a bout of depression for about a year. Obviously not the same as you but I feel your pain brother. It's tough, but you need to find things to do that always interested you and just plow through them daily. Also don't dwell on things you can't have. I'm living at home now and my gf of 6 years who I was about to marry left me and whored around with rich daddy types. Now she's dating some scrub who looks like a nerdier version of me. But I'm driving mom's minivan and he has a BMW so what can you do? bitches with be bitches.
Anyways I'm a little confused on what you mean about not planning on it? Do you mean using the GI bill? Because if I don't have that option anymore idk man.

Also what are you studying in tech school? Is it something you like? What's something that has always interested you? like deep down in your core.

How is that confusing to you. You need to have actual bartender experience prior to applying for the barback job at said fancy restaurants. Are you old enough to be here?

same

What's up Arthur.

>You can't even get a job as a bartender unless you have done a year as a barback.

>in order to be a barback you need to have worked as a bartender for at least 3 years

>How is that confusing to you.
>Are you old enough to be here?

>>You can't even get a job as a bartender unless you have done a year as a barback.
>>in order to be a barback you need to have worked as a bartender for at least 3 years
>>How is that confusing to you.
>>Are you old enough to be here?

is that you in the picture?

There are places that help you find jobs.

>You can't even get a job as a bartender unless you have done a year as a barback.

>in order to be a barback

>you need to have worked as a bartender

>for at least 3 years

whee do you live? what city i might be able to help you with work

>>no girl wants a dude with mental problems
Not everybody is normal, so not every body is the same.
Sure, most people are normal, but that's normal.

Lie on your resume. Make up a bunch of clubs you were in. Lie about your GPA. Lie about jobs you've had in the past.

I'm almost 40, and I have lied on all of my resumes over the years to get jobs. Sure some companies you apply to will check things out and realize you lied, but who gives a shit. There's tons of companies that don't bother checking and just want to fill a spot in their company. During the interview, just remember what you put down on the resume and you'll be fine.

I lied my ass off on my resume to get my current job, and they never checked anything on my resume.

>Lying is an underrated job acquisition skill

Boy walks into rest.
He asks for job as a barback.
He worked at sloppy joes for 5 years.
He has no experience as a bartender.
He does not get job.

Boy walks into rest.
He worked at 2 well known/decent bars for 3+ years.
He applies to job.
Manager informs boy he doesn't just get the big bucks right away.
Needs to prove his worth +commitment to said establishment by taking lower role.
Does it.
Gets promoted.
Now is bartender.

>till your 24
Neuroplasticity, generally speaking, ends at the age of around 25. One's ability to learn and increase intelligence are greatly decreased past the age of 25.
From birth to the age of around 25 are absolutely the very best years to learn and develop skill. This time is limited, so it's best to go to college as soon as possible.

Not saying that you can't still learn and develop skill, it's just more than a few shit loads easier when you're younger.

I'm a guy and I cleaned houses in the nude and got extra money in college.

Where are you from bud?

Get a job working security. Easy to get with a clean record since it has a high turnover rate.

Yeah, it's IT work but the school I'm going to screwed me over on my latest certs. I love IT work, it's easy and helping people is kind of fun. Before I was discharged I had to have one of the junior enlisted watch me and he just happened to be a 25v. This is my last picture of being an enlisted man. That day I learned my girlfriend cheated on me with some rich airline pilot's son, I was EAS'ing in a week, and I had no plan for the future. I tried to hid my face because I wanted to shove that camera down his throat lol.

I now live at home, drive my mom's car and go to school as a full time student. Best of luck man. If you want money, the military isn't the way to go.

Hopefully I can get an IT job, but as I cannot list the army as a previous place of employment it looks like I haven't worked for 3 years.

Because of that my family thinks I'm a bum. I've been so depressed I sleep till 10 every day just about and struggle to get going.

when my anxiety is serious I can't eat and throw up. It's pretty abnormal

That's wrong tho.

FACTS

You're so stupid that you can't even English.

No wonder you think working at a dishwasher or bartender is mind blowing.

As others have said... Lie. The VAST majority of people won't call previous employers or references, especially for entry-level positions.

Spend time on your resume, make it look good. Make sure that there are no spelling or grammatical errors. For the love of God, don't put anything on there about high school except to say where you went and when you graduated. Even if you dropped out or got a GED, just say you graduated.

I work in the car business, where we bounce around from store to store a lot, but my resume doesn't reflect that at all.

TLDR; I lie on my resume, and I make six figures. You will definitely get away with doing the same for $10 an hour.

I would recommend teaching yourself a programming language. C+ is always a good solid option. Have a buddy who finished school for bio and hated it. So he took saved up some green, quit his job and taught himself C+ and C++ in the local library. He treated the learning as a job. 9-5 he was in the library. He would practice evenings as well. After 4 months he knew enough that he applied to different tech companies and got a job working data transfers or some shit like that starting at 25$ an hour.

Also I want money, but equally so I kind of don't care either. Been poor my entire life. Also despite hating finance I learned a considerable amount in school and I know how to make a nice portfolio with decent returns. So I was thinking while in the service avoid spending and just put as much dosh into the portfolio and send some back home.

It really, factually, scientifically, isn't.

wording counts. I've done IT work, and made good money at it. Here is some advice on how to word your resume

If you use more than one computer or other electronic device in your home, and they ever connect to each other...
>Experience working and supporting small networks.
If you use an iphone and a PC and ever sync them...
>Experience with cross-platform networking
Military....
>Training and experience with controlled information handling and security

I just got honorably discharged from the navy with no working experience. Currently working 2 jobs and going to school full time. DO NOT put anything related to high school on your resume. Also think about this: have you ever helped a lady across a street? Have you ever bagged groceries? Have you ever done anything to help another person ever? Bam. 120 hours community service volunteering. Ever helped a kid on homework? Bam. 40 hours tutoring. Have you ever sold drugs, or literally done any cash excange? Bam. 2 years entrepreneurship. Then think up shit to go with your resume that sounds good. "I volunteered helping the elderly and disabled go about their lives as normal for 120 hours during (insert year here)"

Burger Flipper who also had to clean the toilets because the was the new guy
>Sanitation Technician

>Burger Flipper
>Head of the Production Department

>be prostitute
>sucked a few guys off who's names were John
>worked for Johnson and Johnson

Firefighter/EMT
Not everyone has this luxury.. i went through a battery of psych/polygraph evals to get my career.
It really depends on the nature of your work.
It's simple really... what is something about you, your skills, experience, things like that... that seperates you and makes you marketable?

Op ill give you my number and you can put down some shit on your resume, "working at x restaurant" I'll go along with your lies

I'm pretty bad when it comes to programming, when myspace was cool I would do profiles and shit, and BBcode was hard. I got my A+ and a windows client certification, I'm at the end of a windows server certification.

As you're going to be a commissioned officer, live on base. You'll have privacy. When I made the leap from spc to sgt, I was so happy I got my own room for a while. Then my mental state just started unraveling. I contemplated living off base but then I would have to pay my own rent, and I wouldn't get a food allowance either.

My security clearance was revoked when my command was notified. Employers avoid ODPMC's as they are listed as a personality disorder on the dd214. They see me as a troublemaker or someone who got kicked out due to being unruly instead of someone with mental health issues. That's why it's better not to list it.

Shit doc, I gotta do that.

Not OP, but I used to be a criminal as a teenager, and am also an INTJ.
Unlike a majority of people, under circumstances where most would have their abilities hindered by stress, I'm able to remain calm, logical, and am able to apply my skills of critical analysis and objective reasoning unhindered. I'm excellent at planning, and I always take things into consideration before acting, instead of acting and possible fucking things up.

>My GPA was a 2.7 because I didn't give a shit about school and only "club" I was in was just me playing a guitar

You made your choice then and there. McD's is always hiring your type. Let us know when you get serious about improving your life prospects.

You're not me but you're exactly like me. I'm OP btw. Did you sell drugs?