We are witnessing a very slow and painful cultural shift...

>We are witnessing a very slow and painful cultural shift. Some male viewers with a deep sense of entitlement are terrified of change. They believe shows should continue to cater exclusively to young heterosexual men with ever more extreme animated power fantasies.
-Rebecca Sugar, creator of Steven Universe

Is she right?

For fuck sake she looks exactly how I pictured her

Sure. I'm not exactly sure why she thinks one has to replace the other, but the point still stands.

Steven Universe is a piece of shit show, and I know it doesn't cater to me. I don't watch it and I don't talk about it. Everyone should do the same because holy fuck is life easier this way.

Actually we're witnessing a bunch of cheap shitty shows that won't do action because it costs money

See: PPG vs. new PPG

funny thing is no one but SJW types on tumblr and reddit like their "diversity" content since its so forced and cringy

Valid point, but this isn't Sup Forums, dummy

Reminder no one is forcing you to watch this show.

What a bitter cunt.

Does anyone really take this pop culture "wars," stuff seriously?

I really don't like children's shows pushing agenda and gender politics. If it was from the right you bet your ass it would be canned and rightly so. But because it's left nobody will touch it.

Bitch, I view shows I like.
I'm not gonna watch some social justice infested piece of shit.
If you want me as your viewer then you will cater to my needs.
If you won't then someone else will because we are the largest group of media consumers.

The writers for this show don't seem to understand that masculinity and femininity arent exclusive

Does this really validate making male characters pussies?

So? Why do I give a fuck what the creators think?

I just said I don't care about the show. Nothing is gonna convince me to suddenly like it or hate it.

no, normies don't anyway, the people that make up 99% of the viewing figures.

all the drama, all the tumblr, all the twitter, all the whining... that's 1% of people who bicker and fight amongst themselves.

Don't let them fool you for a second the majority or even a fraction of the majority give a shit about any of this. they don't.

So the Rebecca Sugar's of Tumblr can howl into cyberspace about how evil straight white men are... but in the end, no one gives a shit/

>Is she right?
no she sounds quite left

Why not both?

Maybe she should have told the box office they made a mistake and cuntbusters was actually a success.

>It might be cool to see some Male Gems!
UGH you straight men are all the same, go and jerk off to Captain America you fucking straight male

I know we joke about projection but...

>deep sense of entitlement
describing feminists, the biggest hypocrites

Well there are definitely whiny faggots grossly offended by women simply just being in some films so I can't say shes wrong

But at the same time the internet has always had its fair share of vitriol spewing assholes its just that now everybody chooses to validate them by pretending they're the majority and whining about them 24/7

Thus fulfilling their already existing persecution complex and ensuring they double down on whatever thing they're most angry about this week.

The world has to come to terms with the fact that the internet has and always will be like this, but its a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things when you think about all the good it can do.

The fandom tried to drive a fan to death because they thought she drew a character too thin.

I'm serious, look up zamil070.

Zamii070, my bad.

the cultural shift that wasn't a cultural shift. legend of korra added all this tumblr bait and young males didn't watch it enough so the franchise ended.

>>>/r*ddit/

I like how these sjws build up this fake grand war they are waging in their mind so they don't have to think about how their liberal philosophies clash with the children in china making their iphones, all the starving kids in africa no one cares about, and all the muslim woman who live as second class citizens in countries we are allied with. Yes, keep focusing on the evil white male who is holding you back.

SUPER
MASCULINE
SELF
-
INSERT
SUPER
POWERED
HERO
WORDS
WORDS
MORE
WORDS

This quote came from The Sark you fuck.

This is the only good reply

I honestly don't know why people are complaining about her. Most people have problems with hardcore SJWs because they inject themselves into existing shows and comics and video games and try to change them to cater to their needs, regardless of the existing fan base. This woman went out and made her own show, doing what she wanted and making it as SJW-y as she wanted while attracting her own fans and catering to her own needs. Isn't that exactly what we want? For them to fuck off and make their own things instead of trying to fuck with everyone else's things?

Did you ever wonder why sjw invent all of these new words? George Orwell called it out decades ago, it's newspeak. Control the language, control the thought.

What is the difference between a movie that caters to homosexual men and straight men?

>Sup Forums fags are legitimately butthurt over a cartoon being made for little girls instead of man-children.

>Her father Rob Sugar said that Rebecca and her brother Steven were raised with what he called "Jewish sensibilities". Both siblings observe the lighting of Hanukkah candles with their parents via Skype.[6]

Has Sup Forums literally ever been wrong?

Pointless shitposting would be better than that euphoric more enlightened than either side fedora shit.

How tight is that MAGA cap, champ?

laika come home

>asking for male gems

That is honestly pretty dumb.

No, she doesn't seem to realise that she's on the losing side of the culture war

Pretty much. I mean just look at how butthurt the Sup Forumseddit shitposters got over the new Ghostbusters movie. They're still posting their gamergate muh sjw culture war tier bullshit all over page 0 of Sup Forums

i don't think his point had anything to do with donald trump

>evil men are why my show was cancelled

You appeal to a niche, you're gonna get those results on paper.

good point

>The writers for this show don't seem to understand that masculinity and femininity arent exclusive

It shouldn't be hard to make a show without a power dynamic where one is subservient. If they're pushing a clash of culture that should even out with mutual respect, make a hero and a heroine and let them find a middle ground where they're better together or some shit.

>google the quote
>it actually was Anita

Huh. Well, fuck you OP.

Nobody believe in that shit, their comic con panel was almost empty and people where there expecting to finish for other panel nobody clap when they talk just a section that where the CN employes it was quick and pathetic

Considering im not American and that post had fuck all to do with American politics it fits pretty well. How is your home theatre coming along? You have the projection set up perfectly.

Her show wasn't cancelled. If anything it's proof that this niche market will voraciously consume your product and provide a more reliable consumer base than cishet men.

user hate this show is a meme in Sup Forums

literally who? literally what?
sorry irrelevant nobody you havent registered at all on my radar and you wont ever, keep attempting to blame the patriarchy while other feminist and well written female /male characters have made it onto the big screen while your shit whatever it was never will, youre just an inferior person looking for excuses

Protip: Anti-SJWs are chronic liars.

I hate the very notion of television and film "catering" to anyone. I don't give a fuck if its straight white males or gender-fulid whatever the fuck modern feminists have turned into. Movies should just be, you know, good. The idea that people need to 'identify' with fictional characters to feel good is childish and retarded. Grow the fuck up, its all made up.

Oy vey, the goyim know.

No, now go back to where you came from my friend, and next time, choose a quote from someone more relevant.

that's kinda what they did tho. I think the guy tweeting is just being a fag

You and the OP can be fags together ;)

And SJW's aren't?

No, I used to dislike Sup Forums but then I realized they are always right. I still don't go there but I see the wisdom in their words.

Too obvious, good bait is subtle.

creator of what now?

>make a hero and a heroine and let them find a middle ground where they're better together or some shit.

You faggots are so easily triggered. Shouldn't you be making another Ghostbusters thread about now?

>if you dont want me shitting up every websites with pointless identity politics you must be my ideological rival

hmm where have I heard that before hmmm

>The idea that people need to 'identify' with fictional characters to feel good is childish and retarded. Grow the fuck up, its all made up

If you want to justify it to a mature audience, then yes, they should grow the fuck up.

If you want kids to have role models, let them find whatever show they like but keep the role model values consistent throughout.

You're making a kids show, it just needs to give kids a target to aim themselves at.

feminists are going to roast on stakes on the day of the rope

Wasn't there a second suicide attempter that succeeded?

WTF I hate Adventure Time now!

>it's another Sup Forums and /lgbt/ bait thread in Sup Forums
>gets tons of replies
Stop replying to this shit faggots, that's why Sup Forums is a shit hole

>implying I'm American myself
Consciously or not, it's very likely you use borrowed words, portmanteaus, and even terms from Sup Forums that make up a very broke language. Even more so for being a foreigner posting on an American website, bonus points if you're bilingual. Consciously or not, you're guilty of the same thing.

Get off your high horse, kid.

How did that end out anyway? I don't seem to have been turned into a numale cuck so their invasion must have failed.

This bitch has a more masculine jawline than I do, fucking kill me already.

Chinks don't suffer feminist fools

Cunts in china are essentially property

The feminazi days in big budget hollywood are coming to an end

cuntbusters estimated to place 5th this weekend with NO china release

Of course she is. Every culture has had this phase at its twilight.

It never ended well for the people participating in it.

>this thread is still here after this
boy people just want to argue huh?

Yeah, because of ghosts, idiot.

It doesn't work though, Orwell was a hack that anglos love just so that they can feel they were relevant in literature.

The one on the right is male? I thought it was a butch dyke.

>making broad generalize statements about groups of people

hmm where have I heard that before hmmm

>that pic

>praising a country afraid of ghosts
Ramis would spit in your face.

>Cunts in china are essentially property
Actually, in all Asian capitalist countries (China, Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong, etc.) women are extremely entitled and materialistic, a lot more than in western capitalist countries. Where the split between desirable and undesirable males in western countries might be 20/80, in Asian countries it's more like 5/95.

>God forbid media has super masculine self inserts
>Makes a movie about a passive feminine self insert who's reliant on women

Totes different guys, i swear i'm not Aaron Daiz

It don't matter

None of this matters

That wasn't even a concise sentence, you numale twat.

Stop speaking my language, you are terrible at it.

>Some male viewers with a deep sense of entitlement are terrified of change
nice meme

the truck of peace is coming for the likes of her

>h-haha im not even gonna respond xD

You're cordially invited to suck my dick, alt-right sissy.

It'll be interesting how it's viewed in 10 years, if it'll be viewed as a good thing or retroactively mocked like blacksploitation films

The idea that Steven Universe doesn't cater to heterosexual males is ridiculous. The best character in the show is Steven's dad, a business owner and musician who cucked one of the space rock lesbians after she was friendzoned for over a thousand years. We've seen what Steven himself is going to grow up to look like, and it's pretty much the usual male power fantasy.

If you have your panties in a twist because a show doesn't pretend gay people and women don't exist, you're just kind of pathetic

It's cute that you think anyone other than Anglos are capable of putting ink to paper let alone create a masterpiece.

Humour us, what shithole do you call home?

>she

Terrible bait from a terrible mind.

>if I call it bait I don't have to admit I'm wrong

Stop grinding your teeth.

And back to tumblr you go.

>wake up
>realise that I'm terrified of change
>walk outside for groceries
>all these strong, independant women looking at me from every direction
>get embarassed of my tiny white penis, even more terrified
>come back home to watch the new installation of my favourite male power fantasy movie, Star Wars
>it stars a capable, beautiful, yet not sexualized female lady with an attitude
>too terrified to speak
What is happening, patriarchy-bros? Are females onto us?

Epic xd user. You are one epic trolle.

... do boys not like Steven Universe?

>The best character in the show is Steven's dad

You mean blandest

reminds me of that Andy line from the Office
>I wrote a male companion piece to the Vagina Monologues called the Penis Apologies