Aright Sup Forums, im in deep shit and I need some advice...

Aright Sup Forums, im in deep shit and I need some advice. You know that you are truly desperate if you come to Sup Forums for help.

I have 11k in bank, no degree, and am 23 years old. I very recently moved to US from Turkey (Got green card) and am in California right now. So far my survival plans are as follows:

Get a roommate (500-1000 per month)

Need to get a car (Fuck my life, maybe I can get one for around 4k? I'm scared of buying a secondhand car with no warranty and it broking up on me after like a month)

I can only work at shitty jobs, I know a bit about esports but fuck me how am I even supposed to make money off of that. I also know a bit about electronic music production but have no degree/certificate whatsoever. (Maybe some studio would take me as an intern?)

I need to find a place to live, get a job, get insurance etc. and to be honest I don't know that much about US (Don't get fooled by my fluent English skills)

I don't even know where to fucking start. I tried finding a job as a bud trimmer but no luck so far ...

Please help. Atleast give me some insight on where to start, things to know, things to be careful of ...

Fuck. This 11k is all I got and I know that its absolutely nothing.

pic related, pretty much me at this point

Restaurant and delivery jobs are plenty. You aren't looking hard enough.

shameless self bumping this shit until I get some advice

Where should I look? Craigslist? Indeed? Or ask shops one by one?

I heard I can make some decent money off of tips .. but tbh I don't even know how that works in here (Tipping is upto your preference back in Turkey.)

bump

Craiglist yeah. I got my summer job as a line cook by texting a guy on Craigslist.

You could also stroll around downtowns near where you live and see if they have any help wanted posts.

Try to be a waiter. Don't work back of house they don't get to share tip money

I don't even have a californian license. I need to get an address first to be able to apply to DMV. So I guess first thing would be to find a roommate, but where to live in cali? I'm in costa mesa right now ...

Aright waiter sounds cool, I feel like I just need to make around 2k per month to atleast not lose money ..

What about a car? I clearly will need one since its fucking impossible to get to anywhere without a vehicle in this hugeass place.

Lots of places might just pay you under the table with cash if you are working delivery. Do it on bike if you don't have car. They don't really give a fuck about your credentials since the turnover rate is absurdly high.

Yeah no car for Cali might be a problem. Here in New York we just bike everywhere. Best bet is a waiter then for now.

bump .. I really need more advice on what to be careful of. Right now I'm staying at hotel and already losing 60 bucks per day .. I need to find a place to stay asap.

Whats a good cheap, safe place where a 23 yo can work without travelling a lot in cali?

Shit. I feel like I'm already asking for a lot here ... If I had the chances to make a more planful visit trust me I would've ..

You're in a difficult situation, but try to put things into perspective. Millions of people have come to the United States over 2 centuries with much less than you, and most of them managed to make a life for themselves. You will be no different than them if you just have the motivation to keep going, start at the bottom. Work your way up. Roommate is a good idea. Meet people, find free/cheap ways to enjoy your hobbies that also put you in contact with others. Work as much as you can, doing whatever job you can. Build your reputation as someone who is hardworking and trustworthy. People will want to hire you. You will be okay.

Thanks dawg. Yeah that's what I was thinking but it still is very scary when you actually find yourself on the spot ..

I will try to earn people's trust and give my best.

Do you think Trump getting elected would effect my life in anyway?

I really feel like an asshole with all these bumps ..

I live about an hour away from Costa Mesa. My best advice would be to look for Amazon warehouse jobs in your area. They usually pay $11.75 an hour. Boring job, but it's a good way to make money quick. No experience or certification required whatsoever.

Gotcha, I will check them out.

Thank you.

last 3 bumps ...

Also, if you need a cheaper place to live it might be in your best interest to move out of that area. The Inland Empire is generally much cheaper to live in than Orange County.

if you're from turkey, and you're on Sup Forums then you're obviously a terrorist. and nobody wants a terrorist for a roommate knowing you might blow any second

Yes I'm an atheist terrorist with perfect English skills who is trying to escape the islamic right wing government back in Turkey ..

pic related, this terrorist gets more pussy than you ever will, even though hes in a shit position right now

That's great advice, thank you. I really feel like OC wasn't the right place for me ..

youre choosing too much which tells me your are not a do-er. i used to scrape carpet glue from floors and carry drywall plates for 5e an hour.
"tried to get a job as a bud trimmer"
i tried to get a job as rihannas personal fucktoy.

so basically another closet gaylord fearing execution. america is the right place for you fagboy.

Yeah you're absolutely right. I've only been here for 3 days and just tried to find jobs that would entertain me aswell, but I'm starting to think that it would be better to just man up.

yea, man up. chew through it to support yourself, then build your life and something better will sure come along. but that dick, isnt gonna suck itself if you get my point. also, dont tell anyone where youre from, what your religion is, and always get paid day by day. never let anyone owe you more than one day in pay that is if youre working unregistered.