So we can all agree that the first one is the best, right?

So we can all agree that the first one is the best, right?

First one was good, it had that magic.
Second was decent after that it started to get bad.

Nobody likes little kids--especially ones who can't act.

Yes

HOWEVER

soon the copypasta will arrive

holy fuck that was shit, the shittiest of the all

good thing there were amazing child actors in this movie then.

CoS:
Worst book
Best movie

HBP:
Best book
Worst movie

It went to shit after they cast the new Dumbledore who didn't even bother researching his character one bit in the books.

Best movie and best book right here.

That is because of the director, not because of the actor you dumb nigger

Why the fuck would that be said calmly? Was he high?

They're all garbage. Seriously its one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

worst movie is OotP
worst book is Deathly Hallows

>opening scene shows Potter using magic
>five minutes later he thinks he's going to wizard jail for using magic

who wrote this nonsense

He is right

The 4th and last 4me

This.
Also Chamber of Secrets is the worst HP movie along with Goblet of Fire.

Harris was decrepit. He was barely even mobile at that point and wheezed out every line. One of Dumbledore's most prominent qualities was that he was spry for his age, full of life.

The gif you tumblr teens use to back up Harris is pointless. Are you really going to be pedantic enough to look up specific moments in the book and compare them to the movies? Spoiler alert, they're going to be different. Constantly. A single instance does not a stupid point prove.

And even if we're going off the books, Dumbledore grows seemingly bipolar as time goes on. He's conflicted, contradictory, and full of ulterior motives. And batshit insane? He's called almost exactly that very often by other characters.

Anybody who honestly thinks Harris was a superior Dumbledore either didn't read the books or just didn't get them. Which is hard to do.

>Clifford for President

lol wot m8?

Chamber of Secrets is the best adaptation in the series

Literally the only good one and one that has any artistic merit

/thread

as someone who ruined his life studying literature

First of all: why are you comparing child literature like harry potter with these books?

And honestly

>great gatsby
jesus fuck pain in the ass

>brothers karamazov
I wanted to srsly kill myself

>miserables
holy fuck why didn't the little bitch die

>monte cristo
first one was ok, after that it turned to a soap opera party

>the pictre of dorian gray, the sound and the fury, ulysess
the worst period of my life while I was reading it

Good adaptation but boring movie, way too long for a kid's movie.

can smell the pleb scent from here

monte cristo is crap, though

>child literature
>harry potter
first of all they are books

I find myself really wishing Ian McKellen had taken the role

1-2 ultimate comfy tier
3-4 the happening tier
5--9 - aha the grey filter makes it so moody and dark xD

>He's conflicted, contradictory, and full of ulterior motives.

And? I didn't realize that gives the headmaster a right to smash his golden child against the wall and start screaming at him like a drunken maniac. The reason why people always compare this scene with the book is because they are exactly the opposite.

In the books Dumbledore always kept a calm and collected facade while planning for the future. He always kept a grandfatherly appearance to calm and trick people into trusting him more.

The movie Dumbledore was a maniac who went apeshit for no good reason.

Honestly the movies fucked up a lot of stuff. Like taking Ron's only redeemable stuff (his knowledge of the wizarding world and planning) and giving it all to Hermione.

1-2 are really comfy

>Honestly the movies fucked up a lot of stuff. Like taking Ron's only redeemable stuff (his knowledge of the wizarding world and planning) and giving it all to Hermione.
That's because Kloves is a raging Harmony shipper

goblet of fire is the best

Man I never read the books for spoiling the movies but Ginny was such a boring bitch like goddamn. The whole relationship felt immensely forced

Absolutely patrician post

J. K. Rowling

Dumblr/Plebbit pls go

I thought the Goblet of Fire was the last decent book, because after that it just becomes a massive retarded shit show.

The 5th book was the longest one, and it was nothing but paragraph after paragraph of Umbridge being a bitch and Harry being a bipolar beta.

If you mean the book yes, if you mean the movie no.

As long as you turn on the right audio track.

Yup, best book became the worst movie

5-9 are total shit. It Rowling attempt to get into the young adult industry. 1-3 were very good. Especially the first one. Her first book is consequential children literature. It was very comfy to read and watch. I read the first one while I was in the 2nd grade back in 1998. The first movie is the pretty comfy to watch as well. It had the lore and world building behind it. But holy shit did the fourth book took a massive shit. 5-9 killed the series. It wasn't about magic or a boy journey into the world magic. The whole good vs evil was sub par and LOTR does a better job at this story telling of good vs evil. But tolkien also makes the good guys look like warmongering assholes. So you read the books only to find out that his whole point is that power can corrupt the best of men. This is what JKR was trying to achieve but it backfired.

He was a bipolar bitch because Voldemort was messing with his head. Then Harry reminded him he was a 40 year old virgin and he fucked off.

She was a Mary Sue. She was nothing but a whore who was a asshole to random characters and never got a single negative repercussion. The romance came out of nowhere and it's why so many people thought she was slipping Harry a love potion.

3 is the only good one redditor

I fucking wish he had done this for every movie.

>Implying half blood prince isn't good
>implying there wasn't a shit lot of tension
>implying it wasn't the darkest and goriest book as well

I actually read he got a concussion from smashing his head against the window still and from that punch from Dudley. It

Unfunny trash unless you're a fan of Dane cook and family guy

Literally and unironically fuck off and kill yourself

That's why I said 1-3 were very good. But let's not belittle the first book. That book is pretty /lit/ tier even by academic standards. Three was the darkest of them all. Much darker than 8 and 9. It was brilliantly written with the intention of making you think Sirius was a bad guy.

HBP was meh. Too much teenage bullshit that didn't need to be written into the book. She could have created a world where teens acted differently than the "real" world. It is after fiction. But killings and suspense was kind of forced. It didn't occurred organically like the plots of 1-3.

>No Tolstoy

Fuck you War and Peace is the comfiest book I ever read.

Go back to Sup Forums or whatever pleb comedy forum is out there kid. This board is for adults

Its also really fucking long to get through.

The teenage bullshit is bad but also Harry losing his mind trying to figure out if Mafloy is indeed plotting to kill Dumbledore, Dumbledore getting rekt and the backstory of Voldemort and Snape.
Overall it is decent. I rate it better than 2.

The character development was okay but still doesn't score better than chambers of secrets. That's where we learn Voldemort background. Also his backstory in HBP is just a continuation from his story from book 1. We just got the big reveal.

I liked the chamber of secrets because unlike the Goblet of 'Fuck Harry Potter' Ron actually stayed his friend even after learning about him having a trait commonly associated with Slytherin and evil. Kind of wish they added Luna sooner though. Holy shit she was one of the best characters in that fucking book.

>Too much teenage bullshit

It's literally a series made for teenagers you fucking sad sack. Maybe pick up a book meant for people who are 35 and still living at home if you want to be familiar with the subject matter?

Best Harry Potter movie.

its trainkino

>desaturating the colour this hard
Why did they do this? Wasn't this scene supposed to remind of the first movie?

David Yates is a hack fraud

the books explain that every young wizard secretly breaks the "no magic away from hogwarts" rule, and that they're not going to mobilize when some kid uses a light charm

Because dumbledore dueled toe to toe with a nazi death overlord wizard in ww2, why would he lose his cool over small shit like a game tournament

Name one single comfier series than Harry Potter

>"I'm going to post that thing again lmao"

didn't have a single quip in it
boring af
3/10

LOTR

Almost anything you meme hustling ape

2>=3>1>7p2>5>7p1>4>>>

I liked the 6th movie

but it was the worst one