Why does everyone think frieza is best villain when it was quite clearly cell?

Why does everyone think frieza is best villain when it was quite clearly cell?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=z1DKHWyxEsw
youtube.com/watch?v=EUeh3QU4rRI
youtube.com/watch?v=FMnMIDHpP00
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Frieza was a leader with an army, motivations beyond just being powerful and had an altogether better story, mostly because he blew up Vegeta.

Cell's my favorite, next is actually King Piccolo, then Frieza, then Tao.

All the DB villains are dogshit.

Actually looking back DB is pretty horrible in general. Nostalgia is really the only thing that makes it good... it's really just a bunch of big muscled sweaty men punching, kicking and throwing energy at each other while screaming, bleeding and grunting. There is almost no story. Pretty much no consequences once it's established people can just be revived.

>everyone

Did you just turn 18?

This.

Plus Frieza got as far as he did on sheer power and strength alone and didn't have regeneration as a fall back if his shit got fucked up. Cell was unironically defeated 3, but the first 2 times didn't "take".

But Frieza is goku but evil, it's like pottery.

defeated 3 times*

There's something compelling about Cell, though. He is obsessed with his own design, his origin and his destiny. His relationship with the heroes is almost personal yet alien, knowing so much about them but they know so little about him. I always thought it was cool.

>most powerful being in the Universe at the time with his family
>could destroy and enslave entire solar systems and really, not answer to anyone else
>still him and his family saw the need to become intergalactic brokers selling planets at discount prices
Why did they need space-money when their powerlevels alone could just gain them anything they wanted?

I read the manga (the only thing that matters since the anime and movies are like 75% non canon garbage) and that's basically what it is once Goku becomes an adult. I should say before then it is great but it becomes schlock around the first time Goku goes super Serbian. Then it's the same formula done again and again.

It's easier to have people cooperate because of financial gain rather than fear

yeah he had too many bullshit revivals instead of relying on skill

>I read the manga

>Plus Frieza got as far as he did on sheer power and strength alone

he was literally a mutant

the chad of his race

FACE
HEIGHT
FRAME
BATTLE POWER

also i would have blown up planet vegetable

saiyans are fucking assholes

reminder that vegeta killed children without remorse and even threatened to kill gohan's entire family and his friends as a child

Spoken like a true pleb. It's pure anime kino.

>anime about the virtues of working hard, being a good person and helping out your friends that included actual character development and conflict.

No wonder dumbass liberals don't like it. If it was about some pencil waisted strggling artist in New York and gay cowboys eating pudding, they would be sucking it's dick dry.

>Not reading the manga and ejoying Toriyama's art and pacing instead of 20 episodes of people charging

Cell was boring after he got perfect and Frireza actually ruled the universe. Cell was a nobody.

and the cell juniors. toriyama should punch himself in the face for doing that.

>Not loving the manga.

>anime about the virtues of working hard

The story has never been about that except maybe briefly when Krillin and Goku were training with Master Roshi. After that it slowly becomes an alien cock waving contest where the humans we previously were told are like gods become so weak in comparison that they are like children. Character we once cared about are reduced to nobodies with nothing to do. Characters who were once somewhat useful or even threatening like Tien or Yamcha become just background characters.

>being a good person and helping out your friends that included actual character development and conflict

No and no, you and me did not watch / read the same story. The character development began and ended with learning a name and a vague notion of what a character wanted.

Some people have no taste. Cell also had the best battles of the series.

Cell was only good because of meme magic

>the humans we previously were told are like gods become so weak in comparison that they are like children

krillin could blow up the entire planet easily 2bh

and he's still a shitter

My favorite was Buu. Turns out everyone hates Buu Saga or whatever it was alll called? I've only watched DBZ as a kiddo though so my tastes were different.

>>anime about the virtues of working hard
>When most of the characters who worked hard amounted to nothing because superior saiyan genes were all that mattered
>>Actual character development
>Dragon ball
>Character development
I still love Dragon Ball, but your nostalgia googles are showing.

>I've only watched DBZ as a kiddo though so my tastes were shit

>Character development
Vegeta,Piccolo, Gohan and Mr Satan off the top of my head. Seems like you need to pay attention.

How is super any way?

Its cause at that point the powercreep went full bonkers and the suspense died with everyone else being useless while Goku was a undefeatable God-King.
I mean, Gohan regressed more than fucking Yamcha even after he went "Mystic" and got his ass handed to him by Comedy relief Buu.

>Nostalgia is really the only thing that makes it good... it's really just a bunch of big muscled sweaty men punching, kicking and throwing energy at each other while screaming, bleeding and grunting. There is almost no story.
You sound like a Toonamifag who doesn't remember much about the series.

this scared me as a kid
m.youtube.com/watch?v=z1DKHWyxEsw

its literal fucking outsourced filipino shit

>*teleports behind you*
>pssh, nothing personnel, kid

*you simply attack my afterimage instead*
Sigh.
You're a thousand years to early to even think about fighting me, kid.

See, I can cherrypick too!

DBZ looked like utter, utter shit from the late Namek saga to the end of the Cell saga. It only looked good during the Saiyans and Buu arcs.

>anime about the virtues of working hard,
This, good shit user.

The stories are kind of interesting but the animation is total shit. They break out the good animators rarely.

That's because you're a cynical cuck.

Training and working hard to achieve a central goal through the series. They point it out to us several times that Gohan is slacking off on his training so when the buu saga comes around, they show him getting his ass kicked again and again. I loved that they spent the series building him up as the chosen one and the main hero but then did a 180 and have him become a side character because he didn't take advantage of his natural gifts. You're not just given shit for showing up in DBZ. you have to work harder then everyone else.

Krillen, Tien and Yamcha don't train as hard as everyone else and they establish pretty clearly that Piccolo stopped training after he fused with Kami because he lost his violent urges.

Vegeta works hard as hell but he's a neurotic mess whose been fucked up by his time serving under freiza. It's made him a neurotic violent mess who can only autistically think about his training. It leads to strained relationships between him and the rest of his friends, unhealthy training habits which only hold him back from reaching his potential and constant stress.

It's only though Goku's example that he turns a life and is able to accept that there is more to life then training. Goku is passionate about fighting and he works hard but he doesn't train so that he can be the best. He trains so that he can push him and friends to be better. As the audience, we're supposed to emulate his example so that we can also be better people.

Because of all the villains they faced throughout the series, not a single one was beaten by one person just by themselves. It was a team effort.

DBZ is like a modern Sci-fi version of classical heroic literature like the epic of gilgamesh, the bhagavad gita, Journey to the west or THE Odyssey. You shouldn't be watching it with your modern lib cuck values. Watch the series again. It's about working hard, being humble and treating people well.

>there always exists someone better, in this world
That's explains a lot.

Wait... Frieza is a guy?

Sure, but it never looked this bad.

>cherry pick
nigga every fucking episode is like that

even after funimation "adressed" the issue and told fans they were gonna make sure the animation quality went up

>P is for Priceless, the look upon your faces
>E is for Extinction, all your puny races
>R for Revolution, which WILL be televised
>F is for how Fucked you are, now allow me to reprise...
>E is for Eccentric, just listen to my song
>C is for Completion, of which i've waited for oh so long
>T is for the Terror, upon you i'll bestow...

>My name is Perfect Cell and i'd like to say...

I understand how you might be confused.

Freiza's good but his brother is cooler

Is... is that actually real?

>that part where he is punching the Winnie the Pooh fucker and they just use some After Effects to add a stock ripple

Jesus Christ.

Kid Buu is objectively the worst villain

>never looked this bad

best girl coming through

his last form was a manlet though
is that the price for perfection

>posting lofi inbetweens vs posting actual animation segments

step up senpai

None of the other characters worked as hard as the Saiyans did.

>Vegeta realizing his quest for power was destroying him and everyone around him
>Goku gradually becoming more violent as the series progressed
>Gohan reluctantly training with his dad even though he hated violence, struggling to live up to his dads example during the Buu saga when he slacked off in training and then accepting who he was at the end of DBZ and becoming a full time scholar
>Krillin and Yamcha maturing from becoming selfish and impulsive man children to being more selfless and grounded. (Krillin wanted to kill vegeta at the start of the sega, by the end of it, he as married to 18 who tried to kill of them)
>Mr. Satan bonding with Buu and trying to redeem him instead of trying to kill him
>Piccolo abandoning his quest for violence after he fuses with Kami and becoming a full on defender of the earth.
>Bulma willing to look past a space nazi's attitude and actually conceiving a child with him.

It's a great anime, you're just a fucking pleb.

That's not true at all. DBZ episodes look different day to day depending on who was leading animation on the episode. And none of them ever looked as bad as Super consistently is.

>evil
>he is actually called goku blacku

you cant win faggot

Wow....

That's actually worse than flash videos off newgrounds.

Better reasons for Frieza, but I still liked Cell better.

Cell has the sort of animalistic menace of an insect or predator, but he's got the cunning of a machine, and the sort of compulsion towards power like saiyans. I just thought he was neat in the end.

It was BS how many times they had to defeat him, but his first form was fucking great. The parts where he absorbed entire cities while hiding, and then killed Yamcha, etc were all great. It was great to see a villain that had to grow over the series progressively.

>wanting to kill someone who is 100x worse than hitler
>selfish and impulsive

okay dude

>he as married to 18 who tried to kill of them

he was married to 18 because she was literally designed as a cock dock

holy SHIT this is AWFUL

especially when you consider they rehashed the same schtick from 26 fucking years ago in World's Strongest, when it looked much better

youtube.com/watch?v=EUeh3QU4rRI

DB Sooper is a fucking goldmine for "quality"

>Voiced by Norio Wakamoto

Just that fact along makes him the best villain.

Buu abused regeneration WAY worse than Cell did

>goku was black this whole time
>every saiyans' hair stands up, because their hair is nappy as shit

>when it looked much better

Thats because World's Strongest has some of the best animation in the whole franchise.

underrated post

Why do retards post this shit here when it's quite clearly Sup Forums material?

This truly is the darkest timeline.

Sup Forums is garbage, all they do is talk about kawaii desu ne uguu panty magical girl slice of life shows

it aired on tv, didn't it?

>Sup Forums is garbage
It's for anime, that's the correct board for this. Anime being garbage is merely incidental.

What did she mean by this?

Why even have a board for anime or cartoons, then? They all aired on TV or movie theaters.

because not all of them had the success and the exposure of dragon ball. Some anime are ok to be talked about here

>Some anime are ok to be talked about here
Not really, no. This board is for live action and the simpsons. That's about it.

>simpsons is ok
>dragon ball isn't
kys

Daily reminder niggers believe DBZ is superior to DB.

Niggers believe super is not shit

Niggers believe super is better than GT

Don't act like a nigger.

NO BALLS

It's pretty good especially the current arc.

The Simpsons have had more cultural impact than any animu ever made.

Cell's better because he had a qt trap play his theme song in a youtube video.

youtube.com/watch?v=FMnMIDHpP00

Someone's gotta be there to pour the wine. Frieza didn't want to break a sweat, in fact he was probably offended about having to lower himself to it. He's a lawful evil in that he seems to actually enjoy having a business and a structured organization (though he won't hesitate to clear house if things fail him).

My penis owes me an explanation

>qt trap
We don't tolerate homosexuals here. This is a family website, sir, please leave.

dumb Sup Forums posters

I steal jokes from South Park too

shut up faggot. you never liked Mai until just recently

Why do Sup Forums rejects think it's ok to post chinese cartoons on Sup Forums when it's clearly not?

SLUT

Reminder that Cell saga was the true ending to DB franchise, everything went downhill from that point.

saiyans are a cancer and deserved to be wiped out. frieza did nothing wrong

imagine a planet full of thug niggers that can come kill you, you'd want to blow it up too