ITT: God tier dadrock

ITT: God tier dadrock

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IT1q7L4QA0A
youtube.com/watch?v=Ib5j79nCZ8Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Take your pick. I like Zenyatta and Reggatta best but every album will have its supporters

Best rock album ever made right here.

Anything by Rush from 2112 to Moving Pictures

Dunno if it's considered a Dad Rock album but they definitely play it on Dad Rock stations

Except Who By Numbers is better

Dad rock is a bullshit label. Most people who use it as a criticism are fucking retarded desu. It means nothing other than rock music made 20+ years ago, which is stupid as shit because what difference does it make when a song came out.

Pre-'75 Black Sabbath
obligatory

never listened but every time i see it posted i chuckle because the cover is so good

Man, if you like rock music even a little, you need to listen to it.

Actually, Dio's Sabbath was also good as fuck. You should really check it out if you haven't done so already

Like it or not the title track is one of the best songs ever made

That's a really underrated album.

Honestly, if we're talking great dad rock albums?

We're reaching the point where post-punk, synthpop and early alt-rock is becoming dad rock material. Face it, I'm 19 and my dad's collection had Talking Heads, Blondie, The Clash, Joy Division, R.E.M, Tears for Fears, The Smiths and Pet Shop Boys. I'd say that's the barrier of cut-off for dad rock as an actual thing. You're seeing kids whose parents grew up on post-punk into college or their last years of high school. That basically means that there are plenty of albums that have become dad rock. Eventually we'll reach shoegaze as a dad rock thing if that makes any sense.

Time doesn't really stop.

>what difference does it make when a song came out
you'd be surprised how many wrong generation bitchboys on here think the only good music is from the 70s-80s, especially in prog rock and the like.

But of course, Thunder Road is better.

When you use the word "desu", how do you imagine the rest of us perceive you?

Charlie Sheen

I've been shilling this album on this board for a month now, and I'm happy to see someone else finally post it.

can listen to this anytime

word filter

Springsteen is an overrated pretty boy hack. He can't sing or play guitar worth a damn and his generic heartland-pandering arena rock songwriting style is grating to say the least.

>inb4 1000 replies from his butthurt autist fans

dadrock is mainly used to satirize the 'le wrong generation' mindset. I don't think it's an actual criticism of the music itself, just the mindset it generates

I definitely hear it used as a pejorative among the college aged crowd.

Honestly the best dad rock album ever

I did, but the overall feel didn't come close to the first 3 Sabbath albums. I agree that Dio was a talented singer, not even on the same plane as Ozzy, even his lyrics were better than what Geezer wrote.
But still, original BS was much more genuine and "original"
Nice trips tho

;_;

youtube.com/watch?v=IT1q7L4QA0A

Can't have a proper dad rock thread without posting this classic gem!

this is god tier also

youtube.com/watch?v=Ib5j79nCZ8Q

No

I must respectfully disagree!
While I think Who By Numbers is an excellent album and highly overlooked and underrated I really have to be in the proper mood to listen to it from start to finish. Otherwise I can't listen to anything after Success Story. (All of side one except Squeezebox is GOAT though!) On the other hand I can listen to Who's Next from start to finish w/o skipping ANY songs no matter what kind of mood I'm in.

Has anybody ever noticed that this album is basically a "Rock Opera"? Every pleb goes on about how great songs like Jailbreak The Boys Are Back in Town and Cowboy Song are but only die hard fans will actually listen to the whole album from start to finish. (And read the liner notes! That alone indicates that a story is being told here)

Trips speaks the truth
All Black Sabbath albums are great from the s/t up to Born Again. After that they lose me.

k thanks

Hey, your newfag is showing.

You must be very new here

T B H corrects to desu