Hey user, in all seriousness, what's some good beginner metal?

Hey user, in all seriousness, what's some good beginner metal?
;)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mc7o4wzW128
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Deftones

Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast
Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny
Metallica - Master of Puppets

Killswitch Engage is the perfact Metal stsrtup.
Real easy to start with thanks to those beautiful melodies.
Start with the first album and work up from there, or start with Set This World Ablaze (Howard's first as Lead) then go to Jesse's beginning with the first one.

Can confirm. My 16 year old coworker is super into these bands exactly. Anthrax and other stuff of that sort as well. Not too huge into metal myself so I'm wondering what to rec him that is accesible yet will teach him to delve further into music. He didnt like when I rec'd any black metal. Lol

What a disgusting basic bitch

This album got me into metal

I know man right? I'd still fuck the shit out of her though, all while she tells me she's "not like other girls"

dimmu borgir

Slayer.

Spawn of Possession
Obscura
Beyond Creation
First Fragment
Necrophagist
Virulent Depravity
Arkaik

you're welcome.

I'd rather not catch whatever rancid STD she undoubtably has

You guys sound kind of unpleasant desu

libido airbag, the berzerker

You could probably give him some sludge metal like When the Kite String Pops by Acid Bath.

There's this wacky new invention called a condom.
It comes in pretty handy for fucking whores.

Metallica
Black Sabbath
Judas Priest
Angel Witch
Anthrax
Sepultura
Down
Pantera
Slayer

I regret not buying an Iron Maiden tee in middle school, I could've have had an easy ice breaker with the qt's rn

y-you too

thanks, but I should've clarified that I'm on level 2. Haven't heard Angelwitch tho.

thanks

Ulver - Bergtatt
Bathory - s/t

>fake smoke

Fuck off, bitch.

It's good to start with the classic '70s stuff which pretty much everyone likes, so

Led Zeppelin
Black Sabbath
Deep Purple/Rainbow/early Whitesnake
Free/Bad Company
Uriah Heep
UFO
Thin Lizzy
Judas Priest
Budgie

And from there, move on to your later traditional metal bands and NWOBHM stuff. Move on to thrash and speed metal if they like the heavier shit.

Black Sabbath
Dio
Death
Iron Maiden

youtube.com/watch?v=mc7o4wzW128

I got a buddy of mine into doom metal and the like when we were younger by showing him Dragonaut by Sleep and Electric Wizards s/t song. He went from fairly typical heavy metal to doom quickly, and I think that leap for both of us led to a lot of varied choices later on.

Metal is so broad at this point that I think a flowchart is necessary to lead you down different tracks. I mostly listen to metal, but I don't like most traditional stuff, so if someone started me with Iron Maiden or Judas Priest, I probably would have stopped there. I still think both suck.

If you like Sabbath, try Pentagram or Sleep. If you like Metallica, go for the other 80's thrash bands. If you like prog rock, there are plenty of proggy bands. There's no one size fits all.

PISSGRAVE, BITCH. OOOGH.

haven't checked out Death yet, I've heard people say good things

>tfw no hay una mujer como lo en mi vida.
por que vivir mis amigos?

Every Time I Die - Ex Lives
Maximum the Hormone - Bu-ikkaesu
Mr Bungle - California
Acid Bath - When the Kite String Pops
Dog Fashion Disco - Committed to a Brighter Future
Nine Inch Nails - Broken
Rammstein - Sehnsucht
Tobacco - The Allegheny White Fish Tapes

taco taco taco